Dockworker

TB Legend
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
Who's the terminal manager there?
Is it true the staff is from Con-way?
How are they doing?

I heard because of a recent horrific accident and if business didn't pick up they would pull out of the Midwest and concentrate on their East coast bread and butter.

Thought I would hear it straight from the NEMF drivers rather than from other companies rumor mills.

no truth to the pull out rumors. in cleveland we have as many linehaul runs now as we did total drivers when we started a year ago. heard our tm was interviewing drivers on friday for linehaul also. don't know about chicago, but the ohio terminals are doing well.

as far as the accident goes, how many companies have closed terminals because of an accident?

also, if they were that hard up for cash, doubt they would've given the drivers that have been there since start up 1 yr anniversary raises either.

Hey Dockworker,
Keep your B.S. on the Conway threads.
Lead by Example.:nutkick:

Sorry but the BS is now on your thread. These are rumors I have heard on the street.
If you didn't like the topic than you should not have replied.
If you had something constructive to add than thank you for posting.
Out of the 212+ views, obviously it hit a nerve with you.

This topic was started by fly_by_night on 8-24-2006.
Nemf
EAT YOUR OWN DAMN WORDS!:biglaugh: :hysterical:

Is it true the staff is from Con-way?

beatdeadhorse.gif

several of their drivers are from con-way. not sure about terminal management, but the midwest regional manager is a former con-way SCM.

several of their drivers are from con-way. not sure about terminal management, but the midwest regional manager is a former con-way SCM.

Well who has not worked for another company.......whether that be driver, operations or sales?

If a company hired a bunch of folks...they came from the competition.

also, if they were that hard up for cash, doubt they would've given the drivers that have been there since start up 1 yr anniversary raises either.

The Company is doing just fine. You're right Stewie, the Company gave promised anniversary raises to those that were there for the year since they opened up the Terminals. To be truthful, if there is anything that the Company is not fully satisfied with, I think it would have to be a lane-imbalance.
(more going east than west). This is just my opinion and not anything that I got from a qualified source. Anybody that's been in the trucking industry for a prolonged period, knows that LTL or Truckload companies have always wrestled with this problem, over the years. There is more going east than west.
Also, rates going east are better than those going west.
A nationwide LTL Company (like Yellow-Roadway or ABF) has options available to them to balance this movement. I would think that it may be a little more difficult to cope with if you are mostly a regional Company, but I'm not concerned.
I have heard that Chicago and all the Terminals in Ohio have steadily improved their business levels and have found it necessary to hire more people.
NEMF is financially strong and capable of amazing things, once we put our resources behind something. Watch for more growth here.
I want to take this opportunity to invite all of you expansion Terminal workers to look into joining our Union. Important things are going to happen in the next few years and I wouldn't want anyone to find themselves saying "woulda-coulda-shoulda". Good luck to all and welcome to NEMF. :smilie_132:
Bro. George
Line Haul Driver

there is deffinately an imbalence. we pull 5-7 loads into buffalo every nite, usually just two going back. sometimes they'll run someone thru jamestown on the way home, but then get an empty to take home.

Don't let it upset you. They will work on it and even if they have no immediate answer, they'll figure it out eventually.
Point of fact, the Company has survived and been profitable for the last 20 or more years, while coping with another historical lane-imbalance. I'm talking about more going from south, into New England; than coming out of New England, going south.
Every other LTL Carrier has to deal with the same circumstances. NEMF is doing well and has prospered. Ask any of the workers in any of the NE Terminals and they'll tell you they have their slow periods, but many of them have been with the Company for 10-15 or even 20 years. They have always gotten a raise every year and the job has been there for them.

Hey Moparman!

Watch out who is calling the kettle BLACK!!! If we do cut rates, it is to get more business and since there really is not any new business coming into the northeast, it has to come off of the competitors truck.

At least we are taking from the competition instead of our own like the YRC companies.

All you got to do is slash the rates some more!You guys to be pretty good at it the cut thorats that you are!

i have nothing to do with rates. but if i did, i'd haul your companies freight for pennies on the dollar so you would lose your job. now run along and play in your yard.:smilie_132: :chairshot: