NEMF expanding into kentucky?

It was part of the original expansion plans a few years back, haven't heard of it coming anytime soon tho. I think you'll see us servicing the rest of IL and Indiana before KY. Time will tell....

term mnger told me they wanted to open louisville ky and indianapolis in when the economy turns around, but just sounds like a wish list...no real time frame..

term mnger told me they wanted to open louisville ky and indianapolis in when the economy turns around, but just sounds like a wish list...no real time frame..

Just as you said, it is in the plans with WI and MN......but not till the economy turns around at best.

Union

I was told there a big meeting on 6/25/ in N.J between the top management & union. I was wondering if anyone knows what it about?

i heard they will demand concessions...union workrs are the only ones that have gotten a raise..office, managers pay has ben frozen 2 years now

Pay freeze over here too.

Just made it to my 8th year anniversary here at Eastern on June 4th. Was expecting a half cent bump in pay (team operation) but did not get it. Was told by Cyndi in dispatch pay raises have been frozen. Not happy about it but at least we still have a job.

Hi Jason. Glad to see you back. How things at the Taj Mahal of New Brunswick??? See you on the other board??

Have not been through North Brunswick in several months actually. Our dedicated route keeps us bouncing between Pa and Fl.

No more Elizabeth New Jersey weekend drops (thankfully). No sense to go there if we then have to dead head 150 miles back to Camp Hill Pa unpaid. I guess they give those to CRST now.

Will have to call Gary soon and have him send more supplies (log books and DVIR books) over to Camp Hill. I believe Waybe and Henry are running low on supplies too.

I was asked when i got back today by the day dispatcher if I heard anything about this meeting on friday while I was down in Elizabeth. All was biz as usual at the home office.

all office workers @ NEMF were just told that they have to take 2 day unpaid furlough in July and in August and they would prefer you actually give the 4 days back as vacation days and still work

Merger

a merger so to speak with the parent company makes sense. Not that many drivers to deal with anyway. they could just intergrate them into the system where they need them. that would signal end of a lot of Eastern management.