NEMF pay Cut?

I 2nd the motion, let the contract run its course. The current contract was managements purposal and the economy was hurting then and fuel prices were twice as much. We open the contract up and alot more things can be changed other than just wages. We are doing alot better than most ltl carriers, the figures i see everynite and weekend on my manifests are getting better as we advance each week. Every weekend I am either asked to work or ordered. (mostly ordered) and there are still P&D and linehaul drivers laidoff from October 2009. Any ideas what there demise for them will be?

Good luck to all the stewards going to the meeting this week.Please remind them how busy we are & still growing. Find out why we never have enough mts or room on our trls to pick up all the freight.But most of all ask them for better management that cares about what going on maybe we won't be losing so much money!

the office always just cares about them and the do not listen to what is actually going on the street..there have been more than a few times we have left freight on customers docks or that we didnt have a driver in the area to make the pickup yet were being told there's no freight out there and to many carriers..give me a break....management needs a revamp like last year...leave the hard workers who make it happen alone...

There you go banking on the demise of YRC Maybe your one of the few going around the Hudson Valley,telling customers that YRC is closing,and this after I stuck up for your beloved NEMF from a post from the infamous PUFF DRIVER.I guess I will have to call Uncle Sal and tell him to get the whip out..and by the way last I heard NEMF was losing money just like most of the rest of the LTL industry with a few exceptions:biglaugh:

Thanks for the compliment.

:TR10driving03:

thats the corporate way lie, lie lie and make yourself look good....and as far as things being leveled out..come on a route and move 1200lbs pallets of books, break them down and make a inside delivery or how about a stop at a hotel thats a inside delivery and see why we wouldnt want to take a pay cut... kinda of different then sitting in a nice ac office when it is 95 out and humid...without the drivers NOTHING happens.

NEMF closing Canada??

Word on the street today is that NEMF has closed all Canadian Operations over the next 30 days??....Can any one confirm.....:TR10driving03:

the canada story is true nemf enter into a agree with a canadian trucking company.
their a noncompete clause so that we will stop a canada deliveries and give them to the new carrier.they post this at or terminal this morning.
and also they can stick this 5 percent cut im voting no. If were in that bad a shape we have to take a pay cute 5 percent is not going to help that much lets all thank ibt union.

why dont you wait to get the facts before you say you are going to vote no. if you were not at the meeting you need to calm down, i am so sick of dealing with people with that attitude everyday.Dont get me wrong i dont want to give anything back but if it means having a job and not i will take the cut.

I been through this rodeo before i gave back almost 10 percent and 8 months later the place closed anyways. I lost 4000.00 worth of pay and for what. I don't have a bad attitude i like my job but after 17 years it has taken a long tme to get here. Also conway's making money and getting about 3.00 an hr more than us. abf is at least 2.50 more and the teamster with there 10 percent give back are only pennies below us now we are already one of the lowest paid and don't get me wrong everyone cuts their own deal so be it. But my problem with this give back is exactly that its not that were going to give back for a year there no time as to when were going to get this back.We received a 20 cent raise over the last two years after agreeing to pay for our insurance Mike S at contract time said heres your dael take it or leave it like always. You do whats best for your family this is whats best for mine.

i am also voting a big NO! there is no way this company is in trouble with plans on expansion. I talked to another driver yesterday that picked up frieght for Kentucky and other states out west. They are planing on having the workers fund their expansion.

Come on now, someone needs to pay for all the new terminal managers cars. I agree with billybigrigger, you need to look at your family needs and vote respectfully. We did not write the current contract, it was force fed to use. What raise we were going to get under the contractual issue is now gonna be taken away plus some along with the increase in health insurance, we will be back at the rates that started in the previous contract and IAM hit us up for dues increase, why don't they take financial hit.

Come on now, someone needs to pay for all the new terminal managers cars. I agree with billybigrigger, you need to look at your family needs and vote respectfully. We did not write the current contract, it was force fed to use. What raise we were going to get under the contractual issue is now gonna be taken away plus some along with the increase in health insurance, we will be back at the rates that started in the previous contract and IAM hit us up for dues increase, why don't they take financial hit. :nutkick:

problem with private companies is nobody knows what really is going on, but here's some insight..last 3 years at NEMF have been horrible...think about it...lay-offs for drivers, dock and office...and nobody is returning..u see a little uptick for the home depot business then its dead again...watch again in december- january --more layoffs again..

MS will never show u the books....important question is WHY NOW?....WHY WAIT TIL AUGUST TO REALIZE THIS....AND SAY THE SKY IS FALLING .....CMON SOMETHING ISNT RIGHT

problem with private companies is nobody knows what really is going on, but here's some insight..last 3 years at NEMF have been horrible...think about it...lay-offs for drivers, dock and office...and nobody is returning..u see a little uptick for the home depot business then its dead again...watch again in december- january --more layoffs again..

MS will never show u the books....important question is WHY NOW?....WHY WAIT TIL AUGUST TO REALIZE THIS....AND SAY THE SKY IS FALLING .....CMON SOMETHING ISNT RIGHT

Isn't NEMF a union job ? why hasn't the union demanded that MS open up the books for all to see to legitimize his asking for a giveback ?