NEMF pay Cut?

MS did open up the books to an independent auditor. But the auditor was only allow by contract to state weather or not we were losing money which he agreed we were but was not allowed to tell any details. Like last year when he bought all of those jevic trucks and trailers and remember last year when we didn't get a raise and they went out and bought al of those dumb a-- scales at 10 grand a piece that most of the terminal don't use anyways. If there was a time we knew we were going to get this 5 percent back i might vote for it but as always with nemf once you give up something you ain't getting it back we'll discuss it 6 months after some company goes out of business yea remember when apa closed they ran us like dogs for 6 months. we had drivers working over their 70 hours in 8 days and tm just swept it under the carpet. someone goes out of busines we get our money back then not we'll discuss it no way

to each their own on voting but you do realiaze if a terminal votes no shevell can call up and say lay off ten drivers..it could be the ten that lets say voted yes..it boils down to losing at what my pay scale is about a 1.00 an hour...or like 40 a week..but you have to discuss with your family the right course of action to take..i know i think i can find a way to have the most minimal loss in my check...if it comes to having a job or nothing i will lose 40 a week...and this is only because they thought one of our competitors is still around..but if one were to close and i mean anyone direct competition, they look at the books and we could go back to our scale and im pretty certain come june we would still get our raise...and as far as conway making money ,i do believe a little birdy told me their getting hit with another 5% cut..so thats 10% for them so far if my info is correct or i could be wrong

Once, there was a farmer who had a fat donkey. Every day the farmer fed the donkey a whole bale of straw. One day the farmers neighbor stopped by to borrow some coffee. He saw the fat donkey and laughing loudly, told the farmer that he only feeds his donkey 1/2 bale of straw each day and the donkey does fine!

Well, the farmer thought this was a great idea and since he was GREEDY by nature; he decided that he would then be able to sell the remaining straw at the market. After doing this for a full week the donkey looked great, the farmer was making more money than ever - so he decided to cut the donkey back to 1/4 bale of straw.

This trend continued, every week the farmer cut the donkeys straw ration by 50%. He was making more money than ever before!

Finally, after feeding the donkey only two pieces of straw for a week, the farmer invited his neighbor over to show him just who had the fat donkey! He separated one piece of straw from a bale and fed it to his donkey. He loaded the remainder on a wagon, hitched his poor animal to it and turned to smirk at his neighbor - who looked horrified. The donkey was lying dead on the ground!

Don't be an @$$. You guys need this straw more than the farmer!!

first,"the i heard conway was taking another 5%"..lets make sure u know before u say...
if you know NEMF and MS....he employs his family...fyi....his financial officer is his family.
independant auditor-said their losing money?..what was his name,and how much.looks like scare tactics Like YRC, BIG DIFFERENCE...YRC IS PUBLIC. THEY POST LOSSES....aNd heres the funniest the TEAMSTERS SAID" we had an auditor look at YRC'S books and all thery need is another 5% cut we promise"...fyi...they lost 369 milliion a month later.

moral to the story..just like the donkey one.DTA...DONT TRUST ANYONE

MS OWNS EVERY TERMINAL AND MORE MILLION DOLLAR HOMES U CAN IMAGINGE.HE FLIES A HELICOPTER TO THE HAMPTONS AND BURNS MORE FUEL THAN UR IDILING TRCTOR .
LIKE I SAID BEFORE THEY EMPLOY MORE VIC PRESIDENTS AND OPERATORS THAN ANY COMPANY I HAVE SEEN.ITS A WASTE.START THERE. LET A UNION REP. CHECK UR BOOKS.
THEN COME BACK TO THE WORKING CLASS DRIVER..WORKING FOR THE LOWEST SCALE IN THE INDUSTRY...

For the record, I was told that it was a union auditor that looked at the books, not an independent. This was a condition the union set to open talks.

Also, this isn't all the sudden in Aug as some are suggesting. Remember the Albany vote several months ago?

Personally, I don't really think we're making much money, and likely losing money. Everyone here talks about how bad nemf is run, but then thinks that our management holds the secret to turning a profit in times like this, while UPS 2nd Q revenue was down 55% from last year and others were down or flat lost money.

So which is it guys, do we work for geniuses or what???

Ups; Fedex; Conway; & Yrc are cutting everyone throat! We lost Kimbley Clark to Fedex because they cut our rate by 30%. These BIg 4 hurting all the small guys.
Yeh thee guys are busy because they hauling the freight for free. Yrc you known how much trouble there in don't forgt Conway has large amount of debt. So instead MS going to the banks he going to us for help.

Once, there was a farmer who had a fat donkey. Every day the farmer fed the donkey a whole bale of straw. One day the farmers neighbor stopped by to borrow some coffee. He saw the fat donkey and laughing loudly, told the farmer that he only feeds his donkey 1/2 bale of straw each day and the donkey does fine!

Well, the farmer thought this was a great idea and since he was GREEDY by nature; he decided that he would then be able to sell the remaining straw at the market. After doing this for a full week the donkey looked great, the farmer was making more money than ever - so he decided to cut the donkey back to 1/4 bale of straw.

This trend continued, every week the farmer cut the donkeys straw ration by 50%. He was making more money than ever before!

Finally, after feeding the donkey only two pieces of straw for a week, the farmer invited his neighbor over to show him just who had the fat donkey! He separated one piece of straw from a bale and fed it to his donkey. He loaded the remainder on a wagon, hitched his poor animal to it and turned to smirk at his neighbor - who looked horrified. The donkey was lying dead on the ground!

Don't be an @$$. You guys need this straw more than the farmer!!

Nice bedtime story :clap:

Ups; Fedex; Conway; & Yrc are cutting everyone throat! We lost Kimbley Clark to Fedex because they cut our rate by 30%. These BIg 4 hurting all the small guys.
Yeh thee guys are busy because they hauling the freight for free. Yrc you known how much trouble there in don't forgt Conway has large amount of debt. So instead MS going to the banks he going to us for help.

Two things about goin to the bank.

First, it's hard to get big $$$ loans these days thanks to the issues in the banking world.

Second, I'd be willing to bet most banks aren't tripping over each other to be the first to cut an ltl trucking company a check after how sweet doing business with yrc worked out.

Everyone is cutting rates to keep freight on their trailers. Simple fact of the matter is it's a buyers (the shippers) market because there's too much capacity for the current economic climate. Only thing that's gonna fix it is less trucks on the road or an economic boom like the world has never seen, which do you think is more likely?

I understand that MS is visiting every barn to explain the pay cut. This sounds great but one thing let's have the meeting with union members only. No management let us vent let hear from the guys who on the road every day makng the delivers. The people who really care adout what going on. Maybe we can tell why he losing money !

that is a great idea ...his management is whats costing him more than the drivers..we know whats going on the street while they are in computer land and making it look like they have a clue one great example is having 6 drivers in the same area making deliveries..thats efficent right?..come on now!

If NEMF has lost money, did the additional terminals, the purchase of all of the Jevic equipment, and the impulsive Chicago experiment, figure into that? It wasn't the business as usual that has cost them, it was everything else. Why should the "everything else" be funded by the workers when they don't get to share in the profits? It wasn't that long ago that everyone was being told how great we were doing. The company used to post our daily profits for all to see. Did NEMF offer to give everyone a raise to reflect the increase in profits?

dont you realize silly that's excellence in motion!...the worst routing goes on here at every barn..why is nothing EVER done about it??????

who the hell would want to work in half these barns, old technology, printers from 30 years ago, leaking roofs...most of the supervisors are recycled from other companies....
cmon..u get wht u pay for...u get crappy routing becasue of crappy supervisors..i went to one barn all the lights were off and the dock workers were working in the dark..office had minimal lights also.wtf....is it that bad....

I'm voting yes. Not like I can afford to lose the money but I cannot afford to lose my job either. I was laid off in November and returned to work in January. Then in March after losing a major account to New Penn (who gave them an 85% discount) I was "laid off" again but was offered part time on call in which I still had 40 hours or more a week. I don't know everything that is going on or whether or not NEMF really does need the money but I'm not taking the risk.

If you look at the revenue on the strip sheets for each load and see how much they make per load you do really start to wonder how they make any money lately. Hard times means having to offer big discounts just to fill the trucks. Take for instance Protrans. When New Penn offered 85% NEMF said goodbye. At 85% you're pretty much paying to move someone else's freight. Thats the way things are going right now. YRC and UPS and other companies are discounting to fill their trucks which means NEMF is either losing accounts or discounting to compete.

I don't believe NEMF is in any "trouble" yet. MS from what I know has been known to be an ******* but he is a smart ******* and his success shows it. He is taking the steps necessary to make sure we don't get into trouble. If the vote is turned down most likely cuts will be made somewhere and if I can help save someone else's job, I am happy to vote yes. I know what it's like to lose a job with a family to support in these hard times when there are no jobs to move on to and I would hate to be part of the reason cuts are made and lives are affected.

I am voting "No"! I understand why those that are voting "yes" feel the way they do. If it doesn't pass, i pray that we are able to stand behind our majority vote and force MS to make smarter decisions and cuts. If it does pass, I will stand behind my brothers' desicion and only hope things turn around so that we may begin to bargain back some of our 5%. I know some that can't afford to lose their job but, they also can't afford a 5% cut either. I just know that as far as future layoffs are concerned, they can't move the freight they have now. If YRC goes under or we pick up more freight from the table scraps, I doubt if MS could afford to lay anyone off.