Nemf Stinks

So why don't you switch to teamsters?

Thats a good question, why don't you NEMF drivers call a Teamsters local in your area & find out how you can get out of the machinists union & back into the Teamsters.

The owner doesn't have the mob any longer to intimidate you workers. But as ruthless & powerful as he is it would probably be a difficult move. But its worth a phone call.

Thats a good question, why don't you NEMF drivers call a Teamsters local in your area & find out how you can get out of the machinists union & back into the Teamsters.

The owner doesn't have the mob any longer to intimidate you workers. But as ruthless & powerful as he is it would probably be a difficult move. But its worth a phone call.

yo 26, from what i've been told, the Teamsters & their machinist union are working together to get something better for their men. this came from some of their guys i meet on the road and my steward. i highly doubt there gonna make the switch to join us. their CEO will just keep diverting all the work to Eastern & Carrier just like he's been doing since January. they laid off a ton of guys because of these back-door moves. you know what i find interesting, their union is the same union that has the UPS mechanics as it's members. the same union that agreed to chop down the pension of the UPS drivers ! hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

update

How about an update. Has the machinist's union said or done anything to get the fulltime union employees back to work? How can they justify letting the company use part time nonunion employees to do union work while you men are on layoff?

The Pittsburgh terminal has filed greivance's everytime someone sat home. The company denied it and it has now sent to arbitration for about 1 month. Still no word........

that does stink, theres a nemf term right down the street from us and i hear allot of crap about the drivers hate it there, all i know i was at a stop this mournin and looked in nemf trailer and sawl allot of freight allot more then i push i dont know if thats cause half the drivers are laid off or what.

that does stink, theres a nemf term right down the street from us and i hear allot of crap about the drivers hate it there, all i know i was at a stop this mournin and looked in nemf trailer and sawl allot of freight allot more then i push i dont know if thats cause half the drivers are laid off or what.

laid off is one of the reasons and low-balling $$$ offers to move customers frt. is another. i know of 3 different accounts that we and them compete for and you wont believe the prices they offer just to move the frt. ever notice how much more you see of Carrier Ind. in the same area nowadays ???

I agree that they suck because I'm one of the many linehaul drivers that got laid off! But hey, at least I get a long (unemployment) paid vacation!

:shades: WOW, now I know why the nemf terminal in cincinnati looks like a ghost town, Yikes I had no idea things were that bad there... they are in a tough market in cincinnati, Conway ownes the new england lanes here...

The Pittsburgh terminal has filed greivance's everytime someone sat home. The company denied it and it has now sent to arbitration for about 1 month. Still no word........

Any word on these greivances ? Are your men still being screwed over ? Is NEMF still using its non union companys to do the work of your laid off union workers ?

Any word on these greivances ? Are your men still being screwed over ? Is NEMF still using its non union companys to do the work of your laid off union workers ?

Still the same deal, waiting patiently......

They recalled the drivers that where missing work at the PIT terminal though, still no turns.

Most PIT roadmen do sleep runs, we where always told, "wait till we expand west, then you will get turns".

Turns happened, just not for us. We have guys at PIT with 14+ years seniority who have to do 3 layouts/ week, while they are up to 10 eastern drivers fresh out of rookie school who turn nightly, now EAST as well as west. You can only imagine our current state of mind. :Bondage:

Still the same deal, waiting patiently......

They recalled the drivers that where missing work at the PIT terminal though, still no turns.

Most PIT roadmen do sleep runs, we where always told, "wait till we expand west, then you will get turns".

Turns happened, just not for us. We have guys at PIT with 14+ years seniority who have to do 3 layouts/ week, while they are up to 10 eastern drivers fresh out of rookie school who turn nightly, now EAST as well as west. You can only imagine our current state of mind. :Bondage:

I thought they couldn't do 2 layovers in a row?

not sure if all the teamster advocates out there know but there are teamsters laid off everywhere.so what makes them so good? its january and february frt picks up soon i'm sure these guys will be back. someone mentioned cincy as a ghost town. have heard thye just hired 3 more drivers. nemf is strong and gonna get stronger

not sure if all the teamster advocates out there know but there are teamsters laid off everywhere.so what makes them so good?

Not everywhere !!! Yes there are some Teamsters laid off due to lack of work- the LTL business is slow.

What makes the Teamsters so good is that our contract does not allow the company to lay us off and use their other non union companys to do our work.

NEMF union workers are on layoff while Carrier & Eastern are doing their work.

they are doing work that the nemf guys never did. theres a big diff.just because they could do it doesnt mean its theirs to do.

they are doing work that the nemf guys never did. theres a big diff.just because they could do it doesnt mean its theirs to do.

From what I have been told by NEMF drivers that are still working, Carrier drivers in NJ are doing NEMF LTL P&D work while your fellow NEMF workers are still on layoff.

have heard they are doing their own work generated by their own sales and its all inside deliveries

That is their core business, but they are slow & it is cheaper to keep the Carrier drivers working. So they dispatch them to do NEMF work.

I see you are a new employee at one of our lovely expansion terminals. You are well paid compared to the rest of the company employees. I also feel your fews will fit in well with this company we need about 5000 more of you and we can fire all the honest hard working individuals we already have in place. While the grass is apparently green in the west the rest of us who have been with this company for years are starving.

its called employment at will my friend if you dont like your job. find a different one. i have heard many of the workers have been called back. all ltl jobs are slow in jan and feb union or not ccx laid off a bunch as did yellow roadway. if you were a dr you would know you are always on call. if you are a trucker jan and feb always are slow.

I understand business is slow that is not what this is about. I am guessing you guys i the west never had to watch the videos with Shevell in them saying we didn't make as much money last year as he would like. So this year if we have to cut jobs so he can make more well then we will. All the while he is sitting in his leather chair with a $7000 watch on complaining about money. I also suppose you've never seen the lovely posters of George W Bush wearing a NEMF jean jacket.