Nemf Stinks

I've always woundered about New England Motor freight regarding Wegmans warehouses in Rochester NY.
I don't know if anyone on this truckingboad is from my area,but this question of mine could apply to all of the sort.,&segergating your company does through out your system.
I'm a city driver for UPS Freight we have a standing appoinment once a week at one of these grocery warehouses.
Wegmans requires everything to be broke down ,and sorted no higher then waist high on their four way skids.

I see one of your drivers that comes in with a 53 foot trailer up to 3 times a week.

We usual come with a 45 footer.
I've touched up to 700 cases in the time I'm stuck there doing what they want.

OK heres my question,UPS Freight charges around $.45 per case for us to handle this freight.
We aren't going to do all this work,and tie up a driver all day for nothing.

I ask your driver if NEMF is charging for him to touch all of the cases he has to?
He says he doesn't know?

When we break down an order we write the number of boxes we touched along with sort,& Seg,then circle it with our name,on all the copys of our DR's.
He says he's never been told to do any of that on your DR's.

I know we don't get as much for this company as Fedex National,ABF,Yellow,and your company probally because we charge a lot to handle it.

I also don't know if any of the other LTL's are charging for handling these warehouse accounts?

Its a lot of time consumming work for us city drivers,and if your company doesn't charge much,or doesn't charge at all of course your going to haul a lot of this stuff.

If this is the case I can only say may God have mercy on the poor drivers that are getting stuck with these accounts.

:Bondage:
I've always woundered about New England Motor freight regarding Wegmans warehouses in Rochester NY.
I don't know if anyone on this truckingboad is from my area,but this question of mine could apply to all of the sort.,&segergating your company does through out your system.
I'm a city driver for UPS Freight we have a standing appoinment once a week at one of these grocery warehouses.
Wegmans requires everything to be broke down ,and sorted no higher then waist high on their four way skids.

I see one of your drivers that comes in with a 53 foot trailer up to 3 times a week.

We usual come with a 45 footer.
I've touched up to 700 cases in the time I'm stuck there doing what they want.

OK heres my question,UPS Freight charges around $.45 per case for us to handle this freight.
We aren't going to do all this work,and tie up a driver all day for nothing.

I ask your driver if NEMF is charging for him to touch all of the cases he has to?
He says he doesn't know?

When we break down an order we write the number of boxes we touched along with sort,& Seg,then circle it with our name,on all the copys of our DR's.
He says he's never been told to do any of that on your DR's.

I know we don't get as much for this company as Fedex National,ABF,Yellow,and your company probally because we charge a lot to handle it.

I also don't know if any of the other LTL's are charging for handling these warehouse accounts?

Its a lot of time consumming work for us city drivers,and if your company doesn't charge much,or doesn't charge at all of course your going to haul a lot of this stuff.

If this is the case I can only say may God have mercy on the poor drivers that are getting stuck with these accounts.

i saw one of the bills next to the number of pcs that they are del. is a check off of inside del.,sort&seg., so on and so on
and this wonderful new englander did not know
EXCELLANCE IN MOTION

Come On Now We All Know That Teamsters Are Not Any Better 14yrs With One Co.10mounths On Strike And Union Dues Being Paid From The Strike Fund Ha Ha Ha Check
They Made Sure That They Got The Unoin Dues Because If They Did Not You Did Not Get Your Strike Fund Check
And Then When You Just Voted To Strike They Tell You That You Can Be Replaced
So Come On I Have Been On Boht Sides Of The Fence And They Are All The Same
Unless If You Know Every Inch Of Every Thing That Is Going On And Then It Is Up To The People
And The Union To Be TruTHfffful Sorry Choked On That Last One

The so called LOCAL 447 UNION is only taking your money. They still have not been to arbitration for/with this out of work MEMBER.Also watch out because NEMF changes their policies as you would wipe your ***,right STEVE,

Wegmans sort and seg

Apostolic, Im the Nemf driver who you ussually see at 3131 I know how too tally my sort and seg, so you must have talked to one of the other guys this week as I am on vacation. The boss has got a new part timer over there training this week so who knows what is going on, but I have talked to my buddy who is supposed to be "training" him and they cant believe the BS that I have to go through over there. The company must be making good money, compared to what they are paying me, but the are greedy, they want to make more. Last week the three days that I was there I did 2700, 3300, and 2300 pieces, broke my ***, but all they could say is its cheaper to train and send a partimer
. On my off days from 3131 I sometimes also have too sort 3000-4000 pieces between 350 market st and brooks What a life, HUH?

Wegmans is a nice winter project.
You don't have to go from stop to stop slip sliding around.
You can go to their warehouse,and finger print freight all day.

I'm very glad UPS Freight doesn't deliver to much of that stuff.

My TM doesn't stick one driver with it all the time.
The top few at the top of the senority food chain gets to rotate that sinking job.

Sorry did I say stinking?
I mean just think we get to have a work-out,and our companies are paying us.

I still believe we don't get a lot of Wegmans because our sort,& seg.charge per case is so high.
Whatever?
Be safe,my sort,and seg friend.

Yo doogie I was thinking about Amanda.
She had a whole bunch of my cartoons taped on her checkers desk.
The last time I was there was her last day.
She was heading down south to be with her boy friend.
She said she was going to try to get all the cartoons off her desk,and take them with her.

I haven't been back to the warehouse,and wounder if she was able to get the cartoons?
I'm asking you because you go there all the time.

Well then I was just woundering how she made out with that task?

Come On Now We All Know That Teamsters Are Not Any Better 14yrs With One Co.10mounths On Strike And Union Dues Being Paid From The Strike Fund Ha Ha Ha Check
They Made Sure That They Got The Unoin Dues Because If They Did Not You Did Not Get Your Strike Fund Check
And Then When You Just Voted To Strike They Tell You That You Can Be Replaced
So Come On I Have Been On Boht Sides Of The Fence And They Are All The Same
Unless If You Know Every Inch Of Every Thing That Is Going On And Then It Is Up To The People
And The Union To Be TruTHfffful Sorry Choked On That Last One

Was that time consuming capitalizing every single word?

i don't care about the rates. privately held company, no vested intrest in the line of stocks and such. so as long as the checks keep clearing and the 3.8 cpm and 80 cents per hr raise rumor is true than if they're happy with their rates i'm happy with their rates.:deal:

What rumor?

What?

:
Was that time consuming capitalizing every single word?

:chairshot: NO IT IS KINDA EASY WHEN YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND IS THIS BETTER FOR YOU
STOP LOOKING DOWN YOUR NOSE YOU SOUND LIKE A T.M. THAT I KNOW BUT HE'S NOT TO SMART EIGHTER:1036316054:

well i must chime in here about the shevells...i had worked at menf for 12 yrs,just left in 06,yes left on my own to drive again as you can guess i was a supervisor there in balto. i hope you know by now john shevell is dead,,last week i think,,so myron will sell soon or cash in i have talked to all the shevells many times in the past so please be nice if you dont kown them like i do, yes its true ms is all about makeing money and not for the man the way he used to be.

well i must chime in here about the shevells...i had worked at menf for 12 yrs,just left in 06,yes left on my own to drive again as you can guess i was a supervisor there in balto. i hope you know by now john shevell is dead,,last week i think,,so myron will sell soon or cash in i have talked to all the shevells many times in the past so please be nice if you dont kown them like i do, yes its true ms is all about makeing money and not for the man the way he used to be.

Dude, You're a mess! :hysterical:

If you really where a supervisor at Baltimore, I now understand why I spent so much time scratching my nuts in front of the dispatch window! Your grammar is horrible!

PS welcome to the boards!

FYI: Balto. = BAL = 40

:1036316054:

Right Info

If complaints about work are being talked about ,,then info should be correct. Neither Carrier or EFW can handle any NEMF work while drivers are on layoff. Carrier has not done work for NEMF at any site since last year. The only time we drive into the terminals is when we have equipment to switch or when we give them work. I dont know about the non union dock workers.

If complaints about work are being talked about ,,then info should be correct. Neither Carrier or EFW can handle any NEMF work while drivers are on layoff. Carrier has not done work for NEMF at any site since last year. The only time we drive into the terminals is when we have equipment to switch or when we give them work. I dont know about the non union dock workers.

Thank SkinnerMan@65 for that fellas!

Right Ganus??????