nemf thread talks about union renegotiaion and suddenly disapeares???

On behalf of all the YRC employees who voted NO to any concession I would like to apologize to you guys for starting what I now call "the race to the bottom".:TR10driving03:

it's been a "downward spiral" since deregulation circa 1980

sort of like ::shit:: in a toilet bowl on its journey after being flushed:biglaugh::eck13:

Can you elaborate on this a bit? A 5% cut in what? and to whom? CEO's, Office workers, Maintenance workers, Shop personnel, Drivers? All of the above?
5% Reduction in hours worked per day?
5% Reduction in Personnell?
5% Reduction in Payroll?
5% Reduction in Benefits?
5% Reduction in what the company pays for insurance on behalf of the workers?

whatever it is, will not be for your benefit for sure:nutkick:

If you don't like it here leave and don't let the door hit you in the *** on the way out. No one is holding you back from getting a better job with better pay and benenfits.

Sorry i mean jlkklj777!

Sorry dude I have no "facts" just alot of hearsay from this site.

I was fishing for some facts myself.

If there are cuts coming I hope management actually talks to the workers BEFORE they start and explain the following;
what kind of cuts are we talking about?
when will it be instituted?
for how long?
will the drivers that stick it out through this down time be compensated for any lost wages after things turn around?

I would have preferred to have a senior drivers round table with management to discuss the companies financial woes and attempt to come up with some proposals from the drivers that could have avoided an out of the blue management directive.

I think we have enough business minded drivers that we could have come up with some great proposals which would have avoided any kind of cut.

Proposals such as streamlining routes, cutting out empty moves where possible, integrating a 4 day work week to avoid paying overtime and laying off workers, even restructuring the monthly bonus program to include a mpg "target."

Of course I am but 1 driver amongst thousands in the NEMF family. It is doubtful anyone in management would even listen to me anyway.

if you complain managemnet doesnt want to hear it..they know everything..i can name off the top of my head without even sitting and writing them down over 10 ways to save money as of like umm yestereday, but they just dont care..management needs to remember there is no I in team ..and we are supposed to be a team no? all working together for a change, wouldnt that be nice?..arent we trying to make eveybody have a paycheck at the end of the day..time for management to clean the wax out of their ears and listen to the people who are on the street everyday, not in some office ..for the benefit of all of us listen up for a change now more than ever it's time...