nemf...

NEMF Midwest

Let me clarify a couple of things:

1) the expansion into the midwest opened 6 terminals in OH and IL.
2) The equipment for the west is BRAND NEW. Not the 15 year old Macks that you get at NPME or the 30 year old Fords at RDWY.
3) Starting pay in NJ is over $18.00/hr.
4) NEMF is offering paid schooling to those who want to join the company.

Not bad for a sh*t company....

logisticsnyc said:

2) The equipment for the west is BRAND NEW. Not the 15 year old Macks that you get at NPME or the 30 year old Fords at RDWY.

logisticsnyc, Most of New Penn's equipment is less than a few years old and I have not seen any of those old Fords at Roadway in years.

i see em every day. we got 2 of em running around. obsolete 1902 or whatever ford cabovers with a bench seat. but hey, there paid for. nothing wrong about a money making machine. except for you aching back!

CFer said:
logisticsnyc, Most of New Penn's equipment is less than a few years old and I have not seen any of those old Fords at Roadway in years.

logisticsnyc said:

First ... let me say your career at NPME didn't last long !
As for the equipment being NEW for the west expansion, I guess that means they left all the old stuff back east for the senior regular guys while the newbies got the NEW stuff !
That's one way to attract employees ....
Like CFer said, and you know very well, the only old equipment at New Penn resides in city use, primarily NYC and Kearny where trucks take a beating.
The pay scale is only average at $18.00 per hour .... you don't mention O/T or pension benefits for the employees however. Try living a "normal" lifestyle in North Jersey at that wage and you'll find yourself in the poorhouse quick.
My opinion, NEMF is expanding off the backs of their employees.
The rich just keep getting richer ...

starting pay

clicker06 said:
Its not bad...They are opening 4 or 5 news terms. in the midwest. I think the road drivers make arounf 45 cent per mile. Dont know what a new driver starts out though. P and D at least in NY starts at 15.50 I think. but after you cap out at 23 or 24 per hr they give you a .50 cent raise per hr each yr for as many years you are there
starting pay in chgo is 20.85 ohio 20.00. i have heard both areas are booming and they are treating people nicely.new guys are running toledo from chicago and they have hired about 5 guys since opening not bad for 2 months.good place to be for a ground floor operation

CFer said:

I see many Ford C Series every day.

Ford stopped making the C Series in the early 1970's. Meaning if the C Tractors I see were the last ones off the assembly line those Roadway Tractors are at least 35 years old or so....

Go union....

Puff Driver said:
I see many Ford C Series every day.

Ford stopped making the C Series in the early 1970's. Meaning if the C Tractors I see were the last ones off the assembly line those Roadway Tractors are at least 35 years old or so....

Go union....

Your information is wrong Puff. You can read all about it here

IF you're info is correct and I am wrong, the Roadway tractor I saw Friday IF it was the very last one to roll off of the assembley line is 16 years old.

Sorry I did not it was THAT NEW?????

How old is the oldest Pitt-Ohio power unit?

Puff Driver said:
IF you're info is correct and I am wrong, the Roadway tractor I saw Friday IF it was the very last one to roll off of the assembley line is 16 years old.

Sorry I did not it was THAT NEW?????

Thats fine Puff, all I was telling you is that they were not 35 years old as you claimed they were.

Puff Driver said:
Can we get an answer to that question ??
Anyone ...... ??????
Besides .... what does it matter if the unit is well maintained and serviced ?
Because it old does that mean it can no longer perform light use in city service ?
As usual, the puff has smoked his crack pipe too much !

starting pay in chgo is 20.85 ohio 20.00. i have heard both areas are booming and they are treating people nicely.new guys are running toledo from chicago and they have hired about 5 guys since opening not bad for 2 months.good place to be for a ground floor operation

That's cuz the regional manger is a homer for chicago, and loves strokin them chicago boys, screwin the rest of his "region". chicago runnin toledo is totally unfair to the rest of the region, as one leg of the chicago drivers trip is more than double what columbus or cleveland would do if they ran it nightly round trip. what he needs to do is stop favoring chicago, and treat all of the terminals in his region equally and fairly.

why is chicago puttin on more people, word on the streets is cleveland is kickin all the terminals butts, and were the first to hit 100 bills picked up. last i heard chicago hadn't hit 50 yet. just more proof that the regional manager has no business being in the position he's in. he should get rid of his pupet tm in chicago and go be the tm there, as that terminal is the only one he cares about anyway.:chairshot: :1036316054: :chairshot:

More info please...

Is nemf union? Maybe United Chemical Workers or something like that? Some nonrepresenting union out of Jersey that nemfs' owner sits on the board of directors? Do line haul drivers get one flat rate per run that includes drops and hooks, and fueling? Wait time at foreign terminals is free? Am I close? Press on

Is nemf union? Maybe United Chemical Workers or something like that? Some nonrepresenting union out of Jersey that nemfs' owner sits on the board of directors? Do line haul drivers get one flat rate per run that includes drops and hooks, and fueling? Wait time at foreign terminals is free? Am I close? Press on
They threw out the Teamsters years ago and signed up with a machinest union. 1 of their city drivers told me that it takes 10 years to reach top rate.

Since I do not work directly for NEMF, I can not comment on driver pay scale. I can comment on the NEMF union situation...
The bother of the leader of the Teamster local (I believe 529) did work for NEMF, at one time. A deal was made and the Teamsters went away. Dont blame MS, business is business and God forbid that a union leader may not take into account what is best for his local but for himself...

The Machinists Union now represents some of the drivers and staff.

The new drivers and staff at the recently opened facilities are non union as well as the all drivers and staff for Eastern Freightways and Carrier Industries.

Thanks gents. I can only go by what I hear on the CB, and you know that's gospel! I hear they pay dues for no representaion benifits, or pension.....What a deal. Press on