Never seen this before

Union Con-Way use to run a big double and a pup to Exit 28 on the NY thruway befor they busted the union there...It was a regular run.

bangbang

just before we closed they sent abunch of 48s up to buf and got most of our barn certified with a ny thruway tt permit i remember a couple problems the thruway wouldnt certify our single axel dollies until cf changed the valves and did some replumbing after the dollies were redone fhey painted the nose of the dollie white similar to the old whiye tip bumpers on the older triples power we had a batch of mack twin screws full screws not 30 series tags that were also certified we used mainly tandem axel dollies with donble 48s but i remember useing the white tip singles in a rocky mtn set up a 48 and 28 thers a trailer here in the rochester area i believe its numbered a 99 series i also have a 379 with a hook on it theres a pic of it hooed to our 10 series at a show so maybe they were 379s and the ones nys certified were numbered 99 anyways i ran the last set from bos to buf they said yer goin out on rest and we know the rest of that story also the springfield guys were certified and running the big ones to maybe someone will be able to help with a pic of the mack twin screws they were mack power 7spds and mack rears i miss that place !

i decided to check on those doubles semis the two i caught in rochester ny were renumbered from a 79 series to a 89 series they are 1995 rsi trailers the permit i found in mine shows atleast 47 were permitted for the nys thruway & mass pike the numbers start @89/0901 thru 89/0947 and the serial numbers are sequential from 1102 thru 1148 i also found the registration card in 89/939 that showed the plates were issued to 79/939 the trailers are still in very nice shape considering their almost thru their teens they are a wedge design with the cut outs on the main rails above the wheels and they have spare tire carriers 0ne 89/902 has a metal roof and 89/939 has the translucent roof i also have an earlier semi its numbered 379/0103 and it has a hook i wonder if that one was retired and renumbered a 379 and just finished its life as a regular linehaul or rail unit the one i cant seem to get any answers about is a 375 series its newer trailer but its a 45x102 set up for a hook but definitly never had one so ive wondered what was planned for that series maybe a mechanic or someone inside will be able to explain it i will try to get some pictures and figure out how to put them up