ABF | New 17 Tractors

I think what he was asking was if the soot collectors have more of a chance of becoming clogged, idling in the yard for extended periods of time, causing the pollution control to trigger a parked regeneration? vistacruiser is a nickname for the supervisor in charge of the dock.

VistaCruiser

I think what he was asking was if the soot collectors have more of a chance of becoming clogged, idling in the yard for extended periods of time, causing the pollution control to trigger a parked regeneration? vistacruiser is a nickname for the supervisor in charge of the dock.

I won't even ask how he got the nickname! Supervisors often get nicknames & many are well deserved.

I won't even ask how he got the nickname! Supervisors often get nicknames & many are well deserved.
Many are very well deserved. I agree with you, we're better off not even asking how he got that name? (although, it does sound innocent enough).

Many are very well deserved. I agree with you, we're better off not even asking how he got that name? (although, it does sound innocent enough).

You bet! You should hear some of those nicks! GV ain't really too bad a guy. Probably the reason for the subtle nick.

Can anyone tell me the REAL purpose for the absolute idiocy that takes precedence over cognitive thinking when programming these tractors? The "soft cruise" that is supposed to save fuel, is worthless and dangerous, in the bad weather. The fact that when going downhill, picking up speed only to have to wait until the dang thing won't pull until it hits 50 mph, while going up the next hill, often means you might not make it without spinning the drives, and losing control. The depression of the horsepower gate, is killing these motors by making them work twice or three times harder, than they need to. Noting that, this also depresses the mpg, that could be attained.

Why do they expect the road drivers to sit in a vehicle in sub zero temperatures when they will not idle for more that 5 mins?

I for one will find a way to a warm, safe shelter. If the company was interested in my well being, these trucks would be programmed so I can drive them, not the computer.

Why do they expect the road drivers to sit in a vehicle in sub zero temperatures when they will not idle for more that 5 mins?
I for one will find a way to a warm, safe shelter. If the company was interested in my well being, these trucks would be programmed so I can drive them, not the computer.
yes, it's dangerous this time of year for sure.
Doesn't seem to bother them though?

Heres an idea. Do like I did one day. Abandon ship. I caught a ride from a state trooper and he dropped me off at a truck stop. I wound up waiting for 4 hours for the geniuses to bring a tractor from Chicago and another two to bring me back to the truck and get this fine specimen of mechanical engineering to the hotel and went to bed . The so called supervisors sent me a letter for not following instructions. I had my attorney at A,G,G & D'alba, send them back a letter for harassment. Guess who's building a file on who? Welcome to the age of the educated truck driver.

Heres an idea. Do like I did one day. Abandon ship. I caught a ride from a state trooper and he dropped me off at a truck stop. I wound up waiting for 4 hours for the geniuses to bring a tractor from Chicago and another two to bring me back to the truck and get this fine specimen of mechanical engineering to the hotel and went to bed . The so called supervisors sent me a letter for not following instructions. I had my attorney at A,G,G & D'alba, send them back a letter for harassment. Guess who's building a file on who? Welcome to the age of the educated truck driver.

But what do you do if you have a hazmat load? (placards). I understand abf AND the driver can be fined $10,000 to abandon it.
I agree with you about building a file. Document everything, just as they do.

But what do you do if you have a hazmat load? (placards). I understand abf AND the driver can be fined $10,000 to abandon it.
I agree with you about building a file. Document everything, just as they do.

Call the State Patrol and have them arrange for the states towing company remove the POS from the highway.

Call the State Patrol and have them arrange for the states towing company remove the POS from the highway.

Yeah, and let them impound it and they can babysit it while you go to a hotel. Let them and abf work it out from there. Guess that would be the way to handle it. I like that idea.