ABF | NEW! ABF AUGUST 2007 COO Online!

When You Want To Know Whats Going On.....KK

IT IS A 3.02 MB File....give it time to load.

Local 728

thanks KK
it seems abf is getting creative with premium service by incorporating relaying sets via the ndxp points
right now we use 53' trailers exclusively to expedite pse freight
the only exception for that is the winston / avenel nj relay point as avenel is not a ndxp terminal as scranton is

I heard today that it is propsed to take 1 road driver from Cape to Dayton & 1 from Cape to NLR. Cape still has like 8 drivers on layoff. Just seems like a weird proposal to me.

This new change is to incorporate new two day lames into the established pse system. The mechanics look good, however, there is nothing in there that we already done with regular linehaul.

Heard last night at a retirement dinner that they have retracted the COO request... Guess too many road drivers were unhappy with it... I really hoped we would be able to reduce transit times to some areas, and get some freight back from Conway, and Fedex...

Heard last night at a retirement dinner that they have retracted the COO request... Guess too many road drivers were unhappy with it... I really hoped we would be able to reduce transit times to some areas, and get some freight back from Conway, and Fedex...
So do the road drivers but not at the expense of setting at home while PSE runs the freight. The contract said that PSE would be NEW freight not one and two day and core.

So do the road drivers but not at the expense of setting at home while PSE runs the freight. The contract said that PSE would be NEW freight not one and two day and core.
The paperwork I saw looked like there would be a gain in road work, not a loss... Or at least an increase in mileage for the changes they were proposing... Of course just because they say that doesn't make it so...
However, if we (meaning ABF and the union) don't figure a way to get more regional freight we could all be sitting at home...

Has any one heard when they will put that pse in to the west>>> i know we have longer lanes so i dont know what they will do all the regional nonunion run these lanes all the time about 225miles one way some are longer some are shorter..

PSE is bad for Road Drivers...just ask any of the 60 or so at the bottom of the Extra board out of 042. Even the Fast turn and NE bid boys seen the drop off since last year. Ever notice ABF web site? jobs/road drivers? none needed since 2006. Lotsa City needed though....nuff said.

PSE is bad for Road Drivers...just ask any of the 60 or so at the bottom of the Extra board out of 042. Even the Fast turn and NE bid boys seen the drop off since last year. Ever notice ABF web site? jobs/road drivers? none needed since 2006. Lotsa City needed though....nuff said.

That's funny you say that. At 051 we still have 2 city laid off. Go figure.:chairshot:

I figured they would deny it. One of the yard men told me a couple of weeks ago that the sales people were madder than hell because we were missing so many p/u's.

Dale and Randy seem determined to run 051 into the ground.

I figured they would deny it. One of the yard men told me a couple of weeks ago that the sales people were madder than hell because we were missing so many p/u's.

Dale and Randy seem determined to run 051 into the ground.

hey frog our TM at 219 is doing the same
we are short men via attrition
whatever the corporate strategy is, it's not working
we miss pick ups, deliveries , you name it, constantly
our p&d guys don't leave the barn until 11 am daily and i'm talking about 6am , 7am and 8am drivers
we leave the term go to break and then lunch shortly there after b4 doing one delivery

you would think they would give guys the lunch hour but noooooooooooo that's a no no from corporate:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:
it is insane as these managers are said to be competent:biglaugh: