New application system

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart Drivers' started by FirefighterDoug, Aug 26, 2010.

1. FirefighterDoug

FirefighterDoug Member

After what has seemed like years Hermiston has finally decided to do some hiring. I just completed the on line application and really liked the way they have changed the application process. This will be my third try in eight years, I have had two interviews both by the same panel which I have been told should not have happened. Maybe the third time will be the charm.There are many things that I like about the private fleet and I really hope I make it in this time around. Good luck to anyone else looking to get on in Hermiston.

2. bigbird42368

bigbird42368 Super Moderator Staff Member

Good Luck, I have a friend who just went through the new 1 long day ordeal and made it for the DC around Columbus,OH . He is so excited.

3. ltl lifer

ltl lifer Sr. Citizen & Gold Member

I went through the app process at one of the Texas locations. Took the road test and everything. Was told at each event that I had done great and after the final one as well.

They never called me. I thank my lucky stars that they didn't.

4. HYDRAULIC BANANA

HYDRAULIC BANANA Member

Hiring Process

I have been trying to get on at wal-mart for several years now and got called for an interview at seymour. Woo yaa! Does anyone know what to expect when i go in for interview? Any help would be VERY much appreciated.

5. mildew

mildew Super Moderator Staff Member

I hear they question you to death about stealing. Remember your lies because you'll have other interviews. They will ask you the same questions in a different way and look for the same answer you gave before. Getch a voice recorder then go home and study for your next interview. lol

6. HYDRAULIC BANANA

HYDRAULIC BANANA Member

ME LIE? Im the most trustworthy person i know!

7. Cerberus_Kelpie

Cerberus_Kelpie Wings Over the World!

There's a good reason for pestering with questions about potential employees STEALING, for this heah aplikashun (dwiver one is alturd) kinda sums et up:

Remember, Lying is a sure way to management (look at the feds for proof) and that Twuck Dwivers only ned a 8 grad edoomikashun.

8. Hotwheels

Hotwheels New Member

I had an interview today. I thought it went well. When we were finished with the sit down part ,I was asked to wait in the drivers lounge and that the panel was going to discuss my interview. The whole time through the process I felt really good.
    No citations,accidents, lots of safe driving miles on the road. Was thinking I had it in the bag. Then after about 10 min or so the t.m. Came out and said we were finished for the day?
    I came prepared to do per-trip and road test. I asked if we were going to perform that. The reply was "not today". I left there a little puzzled.
    So I guess I'll have to reapply at a later date????

9. camisdad77

camisdad77 New Member

Where was your interview?

10. Hotwheels

Hotwheels New Member

Hermiston,OR