TForce | New Aquisitions

tocewl

TB Lurker
Credits
Could we possibly be looking at Watkins and or Conway. I was lead to believe that watkins and Fred Ex were close to announcing a deal and our favorite brown suitors stepped in and said hold on a minute and lets count dollars. I am also under the impression that if that isn't the deal, or if that deal falls through, then conway may be courted

tocewl said:
Could we possibly be looking at Watkins and or Conway. I was lead to believe that watkins and Fred Ex were close to announcing a deal and our favorite brown suitors stepped in and said hold on a minute and lets count dollars. I am also under the impression that if that isn't the deal, or if that deal falls through, then conway may be courted

Conway is the logical choice,

They already have brown pants

They won't buy Watkins or Conway. Why? simple, They have enough going on with the old "O" and "MC". To add someone else in the states would be a mess right now. If anything I would put my money on Vitran of Canada. I believe they also do MT, ND, SD and WY which we don't yet. Look at FedEx. After purchasing AF and Viking, they just kept adding to the puzzle. They don't need Watkins either. UPSF is to eventually mirror UPS. The U.S. is all set. We are adding 25 new barns and expanding several more this year alone. Think globally.

I think that expanding UPS Freights market to the north and south would be the biggest thing in our future......guess we will have to see!!!

our TM had one of his mid-day RANT kinda meeting and told us that freight was down because we damaged too much frt in the past and that conway was in fact making improvments on fewer claims and on time service sooo i would say conway looks better ... if i was to believe my TM..

mud-flap said:
our TM had one of his mid-day RANT kinda meeting and told us that freight was down because we damaged too much frt in the past and that conway was in fact making improvments on fewer claims and on time service sooo i would say conway looks better ... if i was to believe my TM..
well most ltl companies don't load their freight the way we are told to do, so they damage less freight= happy customers, believe me, i have worked the out bound and inbound so ihave seen some crazy s...!!!:funky: so if they want to improve they have to do more than blame the dock workers.

The Overnite way was to always cube out the pups.High,and tight.
But a pup is like a diving board with a fixed axle on the back,being short with little or no flex.
If the freight isn't loaded tight,it wil bounce all over the place.
If a hole opens up in route somewhere in the load everything around it will fall in.
They would have better loads using strapping on a E-track sided trailer.

I've seen Jevic do that in their trailers although they use 53 foot trailers nothing moves around.

Being in the freight business for 40 years I've always thought if a company could offer the freight at the distination,as it was picked up at origin they could name their own freight rate,and would have most of the business.

May the Lord direct your path it works for me.

just thinking out loud........central freight lines is not in the best of shape these days and they have some prime properties in texas hummmmmm.......just thing out loud.