Yellow | new bids

longblade

im here to make you uncomfortable
Credits
Just wonder if every1 has had all the new bids put into place after this change.
At 671 i think they wanted to let every1 know whos in charge .:chairshot:
they changed pretty much all start times and days off . guys with over 20 years can get the only day light bids [ monday -tuesday off ].most of the senior guys went to 1600 just to get a weekend day off . :1036316054:

here at 135 the bids right in line with the last three years. CUT !!!!!!! The worst cut was to daylight dock bids. They cut bids across every class though.All we can say is situation normal. FUBAR.....

sorry longblade......I'm a road driver so I'm not real familiar with our dock bids at 120 but here is a short look into the road bids. 35 time starts now with prefered destinations and only 8 have weekends off but 2 of those are double turns into NYC area (did that over 25 years ago on the extra board...lol).
Our bids to bed on a time start have been reduced to 8 also and I cant hold any of those at the moment with about 29 years!
our bed board on call has been reduced to 23 and they have just combined New England now with the South west but from what I have seen so far this week....only 10 percent of them have actually been on bid,most have been called for double turns into the dirt!
Last but not least we have 30 on the extra board and there are many layed off yet but they are calling in casuals(retired guys and they are running some premium turns).
I do love my job but PLEASE!!!.....wake me up and tell me this is just a bad dream!

on call, funny how we needed over 70 guys 2 years ago and only 9 or so came here, typical business move, put the big number where nobody is going and then pull out of that place after the year is up, i think newburgh didn't get the 40 dock guys cause of the CDL sellout scam but i know we'll lose work there before 2 years is up and hopefully i end up at 120 again or 135 or 211 or whatever

Just wonder if every1 has had all the new bids put into place after this change.
At 671 i think they wanted to let every1 know whos in charge .:chairshot:
they changed pretty much all start times and days off . guys with over 20 years can get the only day light bids [ monday -tuesday off ].most of the senior guys went to 1600 just to get a weekend day off . :1036316054:
Hey longblade..........you just haven't been at 671 long enough, that's all. This bid we are working now is an engineered bid. All the weekends off are done to the minimums that the contract allows.

Most of the bids since the 2006 COO have been well above the contract when it comes to weekends off. The previous two bids have been well above the percentages so guys would be available for 6th and 7th punches. This was a test by the company to see how the workforce would react. Sad to say some guys got greedy and now depend on 60+ hours a week.

The bids are also subject to the # of men on it. Because of the actions above, 671 can move more freight with less men. Less men = someone has to work worse shifts. It's an easy concept but greed distorts common sense.

Don't worry, lb..............another bid is around the corner. Notice I didn't say a "better" bid. :1036316054: DS.