XPO | New bonus, incentive program

pilgrim

Just to **** you off
Credits
Anyone got the gist of this? , I'm just hearing bits and pieces from DSR's that don't really know either. I'd ask HR but they come in after I leave and leave before I return. I'm not staying up to call and ask .

There was a brief email sent a week or two ago that mentions few things the the new inventive program would focus on and it mentioned that there would be another email soon to follow with even more details about the program. Will see if I can find the first email again.

There was a brief email sent a week or two ago that mentions few things the the new inventive program would focus on and it mentioned that there would be another email soon to follow with even more details about the program. Will see if I can find the first email again.
Got the same email. No specifics, just the vpp has been replaced with a more incentive based program, details to follow.

Anyone got the gist of this? , I'm just hearing bits and pieces from DSR's that don't really know either. I'd ask HR but they come in after I leave and leave before I return. I'm not staying up to call and ask .
From what I understand, it will be based on your terminals profitability among other things. I can see some convoluted formula or scorecard type thing that we won't understand.

The pertinent info for ltl was basically needing to reach EBITDA and tonnage targets, and your location must meet their local objectives. And they said there would be a local focus for field employees in ltl division. And more info to come in a later email.

From what I understand, it will be based on your terminals profitability among other things. I can see some convoluted formula or scorecard type thing that we won't understand.

They will rig the numbers to get the result that they want. I'm at the point where I would rather they just did away with it all together.

Pointless and senseless. No one trusts it. Why have it ?

They will rig the numbers to get the result that they want. I'm at the point where I would rather they just did away with it all together.

Pointless and senseless. No one trusts it. Why have it ?
It's now just a few bucks in February, nothing major as in the now distant past.

I can see some convoluted formula or scorecard type thing that we won't understand.
..........In other words, say good-bye to your bonus.

Every time that a company makes a change like this, it never benefits the employees. When a company makes a change to a 401k, insurance, retirement contributions, or yes, even a bonus, they make it sound great up front, but in the end, the employee loses money.
Happens every time, so don't be surprised if your bonus becomes nearly impossible to qualify for.

Northern flash is right on it. Xpo still has a long way to go cutting expenses and we the employees are a huge expense. We got a small raise to make us feel good and now they take away some benefits.
That little 'give' turns into a bigger 'take' most times. Same thing happened at ABF...we were to receive a bonus this year if we maintained a certain target OR in 2015. For Q's 1-3, we were smoking along pretty good. Then came the Q4 report, and wouldn't you know..."Gosh, sorry guys. But we didn't qqqquuuiiiitttteeee make it."

Thanks to all the XPO employee's for the info.

I knew this would cause a problem asking about XPO business on here, because other companies know our business better than us .

To the non-XPO drivers speculating doom and gloom stop wasting your time!
On the plus side I weeded out a few more to add to the ignore list . Thanks

..........In other words, say good-bye to your bonus.

Every time that a company makes a change like this, it never benefits the employees. When a company makes a change to a 401k, insurance, retirement contributions, or yes, even a bonus, they make it sound great up front, but in the end, the employee loses money.
Happens every time, so don't be surprised if your bonus becomes nearly impossible to qualify for.
I'm not so sure..... The is is a different breed of CEO. I'm thinking it may work out better.

Hopefully you are right, but it would be one of the few times that changes benefit the employees. Keep your fingers crossed.

I'm not so sure..... The is is a different breed of CEO. I'm thinking it may work out better.
I'm with you on that Upnorth , but the lack of communication is disturbing.
We can hope. But how does giving us money increase corporate profits ?
Yeah , we hope for the best , but we are always reminded that there's a "scoreboard" - $200 million for Bradley Jacobs is the goal.

Last edited:
Thanks to all the XPO employee's for the info.

I knew this would cause a problem asking about XPO business on here, because other companies know our business better than us .

To the non-XPO drivers speculating doom and gloom stop wasting your time!
On the plus side I weeded out a few more to add to the ignore list . Thanks
LOL

It's not fair, what about the marginal terminals that only exist to service a large account? those guys will be taking a hit through no fault of their own
Unfortunately we have far too many of those. A good question, let's see the details before passing judgement first.