Central Transport | New Boss Coming.

My T.M. used to work with Mr. Keylon. He said he is a good guy. Lets all wait for the impending changes. Good or bad!

Did they offer him a ton of money? Does he enjoy a challenge with his hands tied behind his back? Maybe just to me, but going from fef to vitran seems like a step down in carriers, something had to lure him

I am sure they had to pay big to get him. Maybe he did it for the challenge. He will sure have that to look forward to. If I recall, RG annual salary was about $1M per year with the options thrown in. Not sure what the US guy will make, but $300K plus options would be a bunch.

VITRAN CORP INC (VTN:Toronto)
LAST C$6.88 CAD
CHANGE TODAY -0.37 -5.10%
VOLUME 300.0
VTN On Other Exchanges
As of 3:04 PM 01/20/12 All times are local (Market data is delayed by at least 15 minutes).
SnapshotNewsChartsFinancialsEarningsPeopleTransactions
OverviewBoard MembersCommittees

EXECUTIVE PROFILE*
Richard E. Gaetz
Chief Executive Officer, President and Director, Vitran Corp Inc.

Age Total Calculated Compensation This person is connected to 88 board members in 3 different organizations across 3 different industries.

See Board Relationships
53 C$1,233,178
As of Fiscal Year 2010
BACKGROUND*

Mr. Richard E. Gaetz, Rick has been the Chief Executive Officer and President of Vitran Corp. Inc. since May 2002 and 1989 respectively. Mr. Gaetz served as the President and Chief Operating Officer of Vitran Distribution System at Vitran Corp. Inc. and Freight Connection since August 1989. He joined Vitran in 1989. He has been working in the transportation and logistics industry for more than 25 years. From October 1987 to August 1989, Mr. Gaetz served as Vice President ...
Read Full Background

CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS*
185 The West Mall
Toronto, Ontario M9C 5L5

Canada

Phone: 416-596-7664
Fax: 416-596-8039
Board Members MEMBERSHIPS*
Director and Member of the Executive Committee
Ontario Trucking Association
1993-N/A
Former Chief Executive Officer, Director, President - Distribution System - Vitran Corporation Inc. and Chief Operating Officer - Vitran Corporation Inc.
Freight Connection
1995-Present
Chief Executive Officer, President and Director
Vitran Corp Inc.
2006-Present
Chairman, Member of Compensation, Nominating & Governance Committee and Director of Drive Products Inc
Drive Products Income Fund
EDUCATION*
MBA
Western Washington University
Bachelor's Degree 1979
Dalhousie University
OTHER AFFILIATIONS*
Freight Connection
Western Washington University
Vitran Express, Inc.
Dalhousie University
Ontario Trucking Association
Drive Products Income Fund

ANNUAL COMPENSATION*
Salary C$506,700
Bonus C$563,000
Total Annual Compensation C$1,069,700
STOCK OPTIONS*
All Other Compensation C$26,260
Exercisable Options 169,000
Exercisable Options Value C$633,790
Unexercisable Options 54,000
Unexercisable Options Value C$82,540
Total Value of Options C$1,432,660
Total Number of Options 446,000
TOTAL COMPENSATION*
Total Annual Cash Compensation C$1,095,960
Total Short Term Compensation C$1,069,700
Other Long Term Compensation C$26,260
Total Calculated Compensation C$1,233,178

damaged goods said:
I am sure they had to pay big to get him. Maybe he did it for the challenge. He will sure have that to look forward to. If I recall, RG annual salary was about $1M per year with the options thrown in. Not sure what the US guy will make, but $300K plus options would be a bunch.

I bet he tripled his income easily.

Chris Keylon | LinkedIn

Defensive line/linebacker football coach/special teams coordinator/co-defensive coordinator
Indiana Tornados/North American Football League, Minor League

April 2003 – October 2005 (2 years 7 months)

Football coach for minor league professional team. Responsible for player development and performance on the defensive side of the ball specifically the defensive line and linebacker positions. Coordinated special teams and responsible for film study and defensive game plan development and implementation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hard to believe they landed a good guy after all that has happened. Vitran was creeping up on Central Transport in high turnover, bad morale, no pay increases, and crappy equipment. I hope he can pull it off.

If it weren't for robbing spare parts off trucks in the boneyard, half of us wouldn't have any trucks to drive. The scales have a hay day when we pull up in old Quast tractor with a Overland lead pup, PJAX gear, and Chris rear pup. The duct tape holding the windshield in is a nice touch. Sticky placards covering holes in our trailers is pretty classy too.

So does this mean we are actually going to be operated as Vitran Express?
As the Pjax ways seems to be a total failure!I guess we will see!
OR!!! Is this a way from keeping union talk OUT?
Don`t forget FEDEX was always fighting any talk for a union in the workplace!!

The rumor mill is running rampant now. I have heard they wiped out the whole corporate staff, the bozo in purchasing, etc. I guess we just need to wait and see at this point. I am usually not a pessimistic person, but this game has been played by them time after time. Gaetz couldn't run the place so he hired Kimack, and then Kosovec. Maybe the new guy will fare better. I won't be holding my breath waiting for positive change.

And how does the boss justify paying himself a half million dollar bonus? Something really wrong with this picture.

Why not a bonus?

The rumor mill is running rampant now. I have heard they wiped out the whole corporate staff, the bozo in purchasing, etc. I guess we just need to wait and see at this point. I am usually not a pessimistic person, but this game has been played by them time after time. Gaetz couldn't run the place so he hired Kimack, and then Kosovec. Maybe the new guy will fare better. I won't be holding my breath waiting for positive change.

And how does the boss justify paying himself a half million dollar bonus? Something really wrong with this picture.

Don't all the fat cats get their bonus? NBC, AIG, Fannie Mae,,,,, obviously not a profit percentage bonus, must be he never called in sick!!!!!!!

damaged goods said:

Usually the board of directors sets CEO pay. Chris is really good,if he doesnt turn the ship around jump off.