New Career At Sysco maine?

poisonarmy

TB Lurker
Credits
Good day all a little about my self im from maine i have a class a with some expirence but for the last year i have been driving for a propane company running straight truck i have a face to face interview next tuesday which includes a road test im not worried about the driving that much im more worried about my nerves and the fact i havent been in the saddle of a tractor trailer in over a year then to top it all off i am not familiar with the area ill be testing at any advice

Buy a GPS, but don't trust it completely. Get a tube of Ben Gay or Tiger Balm. Have the doctor prescribe some Valium.

Seriously, don't take it seriously. The management will give you flack, the other drivers, when they have to come help you catch up may not be so friendly, the selectors and loaders are your arch enemies and nemesis's, the customers will yell at you for being late, even if you're early, and they don't like the produce and whatever and whatever. You are the front line turd sandwich eating pondscum worthless wretch. You will have to learn to let it all roll off your back like the water off a duck's feathers, or you will get an ulcer, high blood pressure, heart attacks, herpes, and weight gain. It's the job and it took me years before I realized, none of it mattered, I just go in and do my job, let them say what they want, think what they want, they're all wrong, keep you head down and take the money.

Enjoy your ten hours off every night.

Thank you for your advice i had a.road test awhile ago with performance foods but they did like that ot took me a few min to put it in the dock oh well it is what it is take it and learn

I got another call today and email for the back ground check also can anyone who works for sysco tell me does the company run autos or ten speed transmission

Well, over here the old trucks are international ten speeds, then they started getting the automatic freightliners, which I think was a corporate wide decision, the first one sucked, ten speed paddle, the newer ones rock, (ask GT) Six speed push button. The only thing about the new freightliners is if they are dual axle, the stack is totally in the way of the rear window making it very difficult to see while blind siding.

Cool sound nice never drove a auto truck before if thats the case.it would be nice but i dont mind gear pounding if needed

see, the six speed stay engaged, like your personal vehicle.

The ten speed auto don't, they'll roll, so if you're at a stop light, you got one foot on the brake and the other revving so the tranny stays engaged, you'll roll back otherwise.

The problem with those ten speed autos is backing into a dock that is on an incline, it simply bites the big one, trying to roll up slowly and having the tranny disengage all the time, then each time rev it up and now you're going too fast..

I dunno, maybe I misspoke. ten speed manuals are fine for maneuvering, ten speed automatics are not, six speed automatics are fantastic.

Nah i think i mis read the reply oh well but hey have a great night im off to lala land 5 am comes quick with kids on summer vacation and they dont sleep in

I gotta say, this past winter I wouldn't drive anything but a 6 speed auto when it was bad out, those things rock! I was scared of them at first, I never had an auto in bad weather but they work, push the mode button, it allows the truck to make really smooth up and down shifts, it also lets it lug up the hills, that and the ATC engaged and you gotta be a total dumb ass to not negotiate a snowpack road, even with empties!

I hear ya man i deliver oil and propane now and thats all i know is manuals it was bad up here i abput dissappeared a couple times walking to a.customer's tank as i alway tell people about winter driving allow extra.time thats it

trying to roll up slowly and having the tranny disengage all the time, then each time rev it up and now you're going too fast..

...then you slam into/bounce off the dock and everyone looks at you like you're drunk. Or you try so hard NOT to do it and end up sitting still or barely creeping in and everyone STILL looks at you like you're drunk.
I hate those damn things. I can't believe we haven't had more accidents in them.

So i took my father in laws farm truck out its a old cabover 10 speed manual i realized im not that bad off as i thought looking foward to tuesday ill keep everyone posted

So i took my father in laws farm truck out its a old cabover 10 speed manual i realized im not that bad off as i thought looking foward to tuesday ill keep everyone posted

Please do Brother, I'm hoping the best for you! Sysco is a good job, a guy could do a whole lot worse!

Idk if there hard to get into anymore. Sysco MN and Sysco Asian Foods is having a really hard time finding drivers. They both have a nice sign on bonus. They cant keep drivers either. Reinhart Foodservice is also having a extremely hard time getting drivers. Starting pay at Reinhart is 24 a hr. And honestly I dont blame anyone for not wanting to do it. 14.50 a hr starting at sysco Mn. No thanks. 17.50 a hr at Asian foods no thanks. And Reinhart you leave out everyday with 1200-1400 cases a day no thanks. I'd rather save my body from the abuse amd be able to walk when I'm 40

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk