Averitt | NEW CASCADIA SINGLE AXLE

jeepman

Truckload Mercenary
Credits
HEADING NORTH ON MONDAY, I SAW A NEW CASCADIA PULLING A 53' HEADING SOUTH....DID A DOUBLE TAKE AS IT WAS A SINGLE AXLE. PULLED INTO TIFTON, THERE WERE A COUPLE PARKED THERE. GOT BACK TO ORLANDO, THERE WAS A LONG TIME CITY DRIVER HOOKED TO A 48' BACKING INTO THE DOCK...ASKED HIM HOW HE LIKED IT, WITH A BIG SMILE HE REPLIED THAT IT IS A AWSOME TRUCK....MUCH BETTER THAN HIS OLD VOLVO SINGLE AXLE...HERE'S A FEW PICTURES I TOOK LAST NITE.
6ycsyc.jpg

34soytf.jpg

65r9sw.jpg

2hmmpgy.jpg

CHECK OUT THE ENGINE STICKER....
10cw6lj.jpg

THATS RIGHT BOYS AND GIRLS...DD13 500HP...IN A CITY TRACTOR!
1y8m7s.jpg

2jbkyuu.jpg

That city driver also mentioned that it cuts on a dime and gives 9 cents change, much better than anything Averitt currently has or had.
Looks like Cookeville came up with a winner, unlike that POS International city tractor experiment!:hilarious:

International gave us incorrect data on those lighter duty single axles promising amazing mpg's and they in turn bought them back. The "500hp" badge is the same badge on all our FL daycabs, singles and twins. I have driven many and have yet to see one that will pull with the 375hp Volvo's. But I agree they look sweet !

The next move will be trying to give you "progressive discipline" for refusing to pull an over-axle load over the road. Like a rocket scientist inCentral told me one time when I had a load that grossed at 78k with a 74 k registration on a twin screw daycab...." Well the tractors are all rated the same". I responded and said "you're nuts and I'm not pulling it". I grabbed an empty and went back to the house.

Friends, you are dealing, on a daily basis, the epitome of complete incompetence. Please be aware of it. They will drop your butt in the grease at the drop of a hat.

I bet I can count on one hand how many times in 27 years I have grossed over 74,000lbs. To pay the extra fee for an 80,000lb tag would be a waste of money on 90% of Knoxville's trucks.

I bet I can count on one hand how many times in 27 years I have grossed over 74,000lbs. To pay the extra fee for an 80,000lb tag would be a waste of money on 90% of Knoxville's trucks.
I bet I can't count on 4 hands the numbers of 74k+ gross loads I pulled in a month (or was assigned and told them the sleepers can pull it, I'm not...over gross).