Central Transport | New Century files 4 bankruptcy

Jeepstr723

TB Regular
Credits
6.9.14 NCT files for bankruptcy & terminates all employees. No advance warning given. Estes to help deliver their freight and interview their former employees.

6.9.14 NCT files for bankruptcy & terminates all employees. No advance warning given. Estes to help deliver their freight and interview their former employees.

This could have happened to Vitran, but the almighty CT saved us from the unemployment line. Thanks Matty.

lot of the drivers had pools going to see when we would come in to locked gates and then call other drivers to let them know what restaurant to go to for breakfast.

I don't know which death would be the worst.
That's easy.........Just look at the numbers in Dallas alone.........Out of around 60-70 employees that went to Central from Vitran about 90% quit..........Many got screwed out of their unemployment benefits because of it.........Had they just filed bankruptcy justice would have been better served...Many quit because of the arrogant TM..........Which by the way is now history .......Maybe now.............Dallas can start to heal.

Unemployment and not having to make the decision does sound like a better and easier way out.

Unemployment and not having to make the decision does sound like a better and easier way out.
Absolutely.......Would have given the guys a little time to find something better without sinking so far in debt ........Or just accepting the first thing that comes along. But almost everyone has moved on to a better LTL company and are much happier.

This could have happened to Vitran, but the almighty CT saved us from the unemployment line. Thanks Matty.

Thats because Vitran was such a big success while they were ****** your heart and soul right out of your chest they figured lets sell out to Central and show them how good they really had it ! Can i get some cheese with that whine please? Walk it off already.

Well the question is how has Matty survived these decades? Central transport has a reputation that precedes it. And I have never heard a good word spoken of them.

Thats because Vitran was such a big success while they were ****** your heart and soul right out of your chest they figured lets sell out to Central and show them how good they really had it ! Can i get some cheese with that whine please? Walk it off already.

No you can not. Just putting it out there for people to comment on other than talking about how biased you are.

I'm not nearly as biased as all you guys, you just interpret me the that way, I walked off all that crappy freight we inherited, any thing that says Vitran on it is one of those hole in the wall crappy stops and then you hear the customers complain how you guys never showed up always have damages ? so you put yourself on a pedestal of being obsolete who's going to pay the freight charges for consistent late deliveries and pick ups???? Money has to come from somewhere , than not to mention Friday was over time ,no wonder they sold out , so please 8 months down the rocky road ,walk it off already,
(This could have happened to Vitran, but the almighty CT saved us from the unemployment line. Thanks Matty. ) the crying really needs to cease and desist , and please cheese with that WHINE is in order.....now be nice and apologize to me for assuming I'm pro Central, I'm anti Cry Baby and admit it you former Vitran drivers do a lot of crying????

I'm not nearly as biased as all you guys, you just interpret me the that way, I walked off all that crappy freight we inherited, any thing that says Vitran on it is one of those hole in the wall crappy stops and then you hear the customers complain how you guys never showed up always have damages ? so you put yourself on a pedestal of being obsolete who's going to pay the freight charges for consistent late deliveries and pick ups???? Money has to come from somewhere , than not to mention Friday was over time ,no wonder they sold out , so please 8 months down the rocky road ,walk it off already,
(This could have happened to Vitran, but the almighty CT saved us from the unemployment line. Thanks Matty. ) the crying really needs to cease and desist , and please cheese with that WHINE is in order.....now be nice and apologize to me for assuming I'm pro Central, I'm anti Cry Baby and admit it you former Vitran drivers do a lot of crying????

BAAAAAHAAAHAAAHAAA, as I started to read your post, it sure sounded like you where talking about your beloved CT. Geeez, was that ever funny. Friday is still OT for the ct guys seeing that at Det. They strip their inbound before they go home, so their getting an easy 55 at the start of their Friday shift. Not like the candy route or terminal you work out of, where as you supposedly are not required to strip yours.

By the way ct, you totally missed the point as usual. Point being was it better to be "saved" by Matty or better to go belly up and then collect unenjoyment. If this happened to you which way would you rather have it happen.

BAAAAAHAAAHAAAHAAA, as I started to read your post, it sure sounded like you where talking about your beloved CT. Geeez, was that ever funny. Friday is still OT for the ct guys seeing that at Det. They strip their inbound before they go home, so their getting an easy 55 at the start of their Friday shift. Not like the candy route or terminal you work out of, where as you supposedly are not required to strip yours.

well if those det guys have 55 in by Friday man I feel sorry for them, and I do load my out bound and strip my inbound for the record. but I also do NOT volunteer for anything extra and I do not work Saturdays either, your a** is a candy route at my terminal, my route is one of the heavier routes and believe me when I call off none of those swap guys want it !!!! supposedly you know nothing! I don't need 60 plus hours a week I don't want anything over 50 and I do my best not to and do my job because no one else is volunteering for it... so take your newly acquired ESTES uniform and get in your ESTES truck and deliver your ESTES freight Your a quitter a Loser a Free loader and many other choice words but MAINLY your ANNOYING... WALK IT OFF VITRAN LOSER QUITER TAKER ADVANTAGE OF THEM AND GETTING SOLD OUT AND CRYING FOR 8 MONTHS ABOUT IT. its over , you supposedly have a new job do it . you wanted the old ct42long here I am.........

well if those det guys have 55 in by Friday man I feel sorry for them, and I do load my out bound and strip my inbound for the record. but I also do NOT volunteer for anything extra and I do not work Saturdays either, your a** is a candy route at my terminal, my route is one of the heavier routes and believe me when I call off none of those swap guys want it !!!! supposedly you know nothing! I don't need 60 plus hours a week I don't want anything over 50 and I do my best not to and do my job because no one else is volunteering for it... so take your newly acquired ESTES uniform and get in your ESTES truck and deliver your ESTES freight Your a quitter a Loser a Free loader and many other choice words but MAINLY your ANNOYING... WALK IT OFF VITRAN LOSER QUITER TAKER ADVANTAGE OF THEM AND GETTING SOLD OUT AND CRYING FOR 8 MONTHS ABOUT IT. its over , you supposedly have a new job do it . you wanted the old ct42long here I am.........

Hey 42 go smoke a bowl or two and chill out. I don't I have ever seen someone so much in love with their job like you. I bet you even bleed yellow to show your pride. And I'm guessing you have a picture of Matty on your pillow next to you. The vitran drivers haven't been happy in awhile because they have had to endure crappy management for the last 5 or 6 yrs. I got out before vitran was given away. I seen that they were going down so I bailed. I haven't been happier. As for your "heavy" route what do you got like 8 stops?! I still talk with ct drivers so I know what they have for bill counts.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Where is the CHEESE now you crybaby.

Hey 42 go smoke a bowl or two and chill out. I don't I have ever seen someone so much in love with their job like you. I bet you even bleed yellow to show your pride. And I'm guessing you have a picture of Matty on your pillow next to you. The vitran drivers haven't been happy in awhile because they have had to endure crappy management for the last 5 or 6 yrs. I got out before vitran was given away. I seen that they were going down so I bailed. I haven't been happier. As for your "heavy" route what do you got like 8 stops?! I still talk with ct drivers so I know what they have for bill counts.

8 stops would be an easy day might even get to stop and take a nap , I guess if you don't work in jeepers area your not really working? his area is the only area where freight is moving. every one else is an end line waiting for his freight to arrive.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! such a bunch of spin doctors.........it would be if it's not on your truck..... really what a bunch of self absorbed cry baby idiots, have to give you guys credit for taking each others back no matter what the circumstance is????? does that come with a reach around???? ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!! or an ugly bump?????