New Century

As I heard the story?
new Century was started as a vendetta against Jevic . When it was sold, Harry and his family were to remain employed by Jevic.
As I understand it Harry and his family were systematically driven out by the powers that be. Harry could not just run out and start another company because of No Compete clause in his sales contract, for a certain period of time. He started New Century and prepared for the day his contractual obligations expired and acquired some disenchanted Jevic drivers along the way.
I have heard various versions of the story, from different drivers, but this was prettty much the meat and potatoes of it.

You're way off

I would like to know also!! Yes I am an Ex-jevic employee maybe you can set the truth straight.... just remeber the freight will dwindle down in a week or two and it will slow down again over there. I am not bitter as I have found new work with a pension, and great benefits, I will still get 19 yrs pension before I retire, plus the 15 years of 401 from jevic,
Just remeber it was monkey see, monkey do between the both companys, what happend to us, could happen to you!!:biglaugh:

I think he is ex-jevic going by the screen name jvc107. Looks like a company name and driver id.At least he remembers his roots.

NC...so far so good...

I came here 5 months ago after one of my good friends who has been here almost 4 yrs finally got my attention when the place I was working for was taking a dump.

I'm a road driver and live in NE Ohio.I get home pretty much on weekends and through during the week sometimes. They have been up front and fixed any problems I've dealt with so far.

Their system takes a little bit to figure out, but after you do you can work it to get where you want to go.

You are absolutely right Local Driver. What happened to Jevic could very well happen at NC, and I'm sure that would make you very happy. We all know these are very trying times for all in this business, but you are bitter. You and a few others have been blasting NC on these boards for months. You should be happy some of your friends found work. I'm not going to use these boards to argue with people or slam people for expressing their opinions, but I will say this. You should have learned to never burn your bridges. Someday you may want to cross that bridge again, but I would bet that bridge would be closed for a few of you. And they know which ones

You have a few facts wrong. Harry was not run off by Yellow. He left on his own and there was not a no compete clause in the sale. That is all public record. Analyst have said that was a mistake by Yellow. It has been written aboutall over the web. As far as disenchanted drivers. I am a driver who left Jevic and went to work for him. I was not disenchanted at all, as is the case for most of the guys in the beginning. I still have friends from there. I loved my time at Jevic. I just knew I would rather take my chances with the new company then with Yellow. (Everyone knows what happened with Preston). It was a great opportunity for us all. No regrets.
Of course you are happy at NCT, Harry is going to take better care of former Jevic drivers than someone hired off the street. NCT also bought Rude Carriers and pissed alot of their drivers and the same goes for the P&P drivers.

Of course you are happy at NCT, Harry is going to take better care of former Jevic drivers than someone hired off the street. NCT also bought Rude Carriers and pissed alot of their drivers and the same goes for the P&P drivers.

I dont know if it is a case of former Jevic drivers being treated better than other drivers. I think it has more to do with former Jevic drivers coming in and already know the customers, the route, the people in the office and what is expected from them. All of this makes the transition so much easier.

I think its called loyalty. A lot of us took big risk quitting our good jobs to start with a new company and doing what we had to do to make the company successful. You won't find a more loyal owner then the one we have here.

:hysterical:baba bouey....i love it...i'm a big fan myself ..cant change the freakn channel..and i pay for 150 of them....enjoy my brother drive safe

I worked for Jevic in the early 90's still under Harry's rule.I ran out of j2 (Chicago) was nothing to be grossing 85,000 to a onetime high of 92,000 headed for Michigan and Ohio 78 m.p.h. with 15 plus stops and I loved it made great money. If New Century is run that way you guys are lucky trucking the old fashioned way,run hard and they run you harder.....Money in the Bank:1036316054: