TForce | New Changes Comming Next Month At Ups Freight

Credits
NEW CHANGES COMMING NEXT MONTH AT UPS FREIGHT.

Terminals managers have been holding meetings with their supervisors & dispatchers all over the system.

Our new president is cracking the whip!!!!!!

Starting next month he wants 100% of the 1st leg schedules TCON'ed cut & dispatched on time.

NO EXCUSSES.

He is holding each terminal managers feet to the fire on this.

This should be good news for road drivers, no more waiting on bills.

Terminals managers have been holding meetings with their supervisors & dispatchers all over the system.

Starting next month he wants 100% of the 1st leg schedules TCON'ed cut & dispatched on time.

NO EXCUSES.

We'll see.
Every year at the bid meeting they say the same thing.:biglaugh:

I have been on line haul for 23 years. They have never cared about schedule cut times. They have always talked about it but nothing has ever been done. Thats because it would mean hiring more city drivers so that they would not be out so late. They also would have to hire more dock workers to make there cut times at most terminals. This would cost them money. It costs them NOTHING to have us sit and wait an hour or so.

I have been on line haul for 23 years. They have never cared about schedule cut times. They have always talked about it but nothing has ever been done. Thats because it would mean hiring more city drivers so that they would not be out so late. They also would have to hire more dock workers to make there cut times at most terminals. This would cost them money. It costs them NOTHING to have us sit and wait an hour or so.
Additionally, they want the trailers full. Wasted space costs money.

NO EXCUSSES.

Just curious to know, how long have you been with the company?

Additionally, they want the trailers full. Wasted space costs money.

Sound like OS&D will be on the rise again, we are getting hit hard appearently with the new influx of freight.

And they have been saying this for as long as I have been here, that is 9 years , if we do not get on the street intime, then you people do not get loaded on time, it is just that simple.

If you want to hold TM'S feet to the fire, well I feel we will be hiring alot of new TM'S. If they do not control what is happening in the hub's, then how are we too react?

This has been a snowballing cause and effect scince I have been here, will this be a first?

As far as city drivers is concearned buster, we have doubled our facility in drivers, we have a driver per door now as opposed to 1 per 2 doors, not because of an influx of freight, but based on a 6 pm city driver in terminal cutoff.

Dispatch has been getting reamed for having drivers out 1-2 hrs. later. So I am assuming there is 1\2-1 hr. leeway.

Something is brewing for sure. We are hiring at a unheard of rate lately. Hours are a little over 40 and out the door. I think once Jacko takes over Clutch is right. UPS now will put its style and stamp on this organization. This is just the begining of being retooled. We are being geared up for a quicker pace. Not to mention retail is starting to filter in. Trust me when I say from experience Brown Takes No Prisoners!!! I know management is being fed a steady diet of Brown Machine Mix. My TM the other day said some of the senior people will not like the changes coming and leave, others will be shown the door. To me that just about sums it up. Show up and suit up, or theres the door.

The days of lollygagging around will be cut. I see it every damn day. It sickens me to see someone take forever to leave the yard, or take forever to get to a stop and pick up freight. (I was able to see someones work progress on the computer via Diad entries) Holy crapola this guy works like a snail! I've done the run with and without traffic and I do not run either!
UPS wants red hot fire ants.
To be a more efficient company it starts with the UPS converted TM making sure his ship will sail consistently and efficiently on a daily basis, both City side and Linehaul side. Trickle the game plan to the supervisors and than to the the drivers so that we are all on the same page.
They need city cutoff times so that they are able to meet their linehaul cutoff times.
Re-handling freight is another problem.
OMG....there is so much tweaking that can be done! Wish I was a TM. I would have alot of trimmed fat in the salvage drums!

...my 2 cents. I love change and embrace it wholeheartedly :hide:

:hysterical: i dont care how fast ups wants me to go, I'm noT driving that "litte brow package car" and safety come first. Its really easy to sit down and look at the computer screen and judge someone, especially when they don't know what it takes to do the job.
were you on the clock when seeing the progress on the computer?!! or do you like to stick around after your day is done?:butt kiss:

i dont care how fast ups wants me to go, I'm noT driving that "litte brow package car" and safety come first. Its really easy to sit down and look at the computer screen and judge someone, especially when they don't know what it takes to do the job.
were you on the clock when seeing the progress on the computer?!! or do you like to stick around after your day is done?:butt kiss:

Nobody said to speed or be unsafe.
Safety is #1 priority.
You are correct! It is easy to sit down and judge people on computer by their diad inputs. It just so happens the supervisor ran that run when he was a driver. (Put it this way...he ran it comfortably)
I run the run on occassion (comfortably)

I don't :butt kiss:, I know what an over zealous clock sucking milker is. Every company has them and soon UPS will not tolerate them. Wait until the diad is fully enabled and we will see how much he picks up his pace. :biglaugh:

BTW, I was on the clock learning how the diad inputs are critical to what information gets sent back to your home terminal. (Training)

...Red Hot Fire Ants? That actually sounds funny now.

This is a great topic! Lets hope it stays on course.:1036316054:

Nobody said to speed or be unsafe.
Safety is #1 priority.
You are correct! It is easy to sit down and judge people on computer by their diad inputs. It just so happens the supervisor ran that run when he was a driver. (Put it this way...he ran it comfortably)
I run the run on occassion (comfortably)

I don't butt kiss, I know what an over zealous clock sucking milker is. Every company has them and soon UPS will not tolerate them. Wait until the diad is fully enabled and we will see how much he picks up his pace.

BTW, I was on the clock learning how the diad inputs are critical to what information gets sent back to your home terminal. (Training)

...Red Hot Fire Ants? That actually sounds funny now.

This is a great topic! Lets hope it stays on course.:1036316054:

Speaking of fire ants and staying on course...:biglaugh:
Has anyone ever been near a large UPS package terminal in the morning when the package cars are going out on their routes?

I stopped at the McD's near UPS in Columbus, OH one morning and the package cars were pouring out of the terminal like ants from an ant hill.:hysterical:

Sorry to get swayed off course.:funky:

Speaking of fire ants and staying on course...:biglaugh:
Has anyone ever been near a large UPS package terminal in the morning when the package cars are going out on their routes?

I stopped at the McD's near UPS in Columbus, OH one morning and the package cars were pouring out of the terminal like ants from an ant hill.:hysterical:

Sorry to get swayed off course.
:1036316054: :hysterical: Seen the same thing near me. It was a site to behold.

I am not going to work like a UPS driver for anything less than what they are getting paid. They are making over $7/hr more than us. People may say that the Package car drivers earn that pay, but do the feeder drivers? If they want us to be like Parcel than Pay me like Parcel.

Something is brewing for sure. We are hiring at a unheard of rate lately. Hours are a little over 40 and out the door. I think once Jacko takes over Clutch is right. UPS now will put its style and stamp on this organization. This is just the begining of being retooled. We are being geared up for a quicker pace. Not to mention retail is starting to filter in. Trust me when I say from experience Brown Takes No Prisoners!!! I know management is being fed a steady diet of Brown Machine Mix. My TM the other day said some of the senior people will not like the changes coming and leave, others will be shown the door. To me that just about sums it up. Show up and suit up, or theres the door.

As it should be hugnlug...:funky:

I know as a trainer I have been getting cut off from doing any training.......Then all the sudden we have to get EVERY body done....And soom!!! So something is going down......God just let them get rid of these lazy a-holes that are just here to collect a check.......

NO EXCUSSES.

I heard a rumor, 1st late shipment, final warning, 2nd late shippment for the TM he's gone. At HRS they put 2 dockworkers out to track due frt. for the closest cut times.If this rumor is true,bye bye MK.