FedEx Freight | New City driver's point of view

Living_d_dream

TB Lurker
Credits
I was rehired as a city driver 3months ago and I am really enjoying the unassigned tour of duty status. When I am needed in the city, I know it's a day of adventure. When I am on the road, it's a day or night of exploring the country. Considering all the experience and the benefits I am receiving, I am glad to say that FedEx freight is a great company to work for. I have had a taste of few other companies and I know we got it good here.

I was rehired as a city driver 3months ago and I am really enjoying the unassigned tour of duty status. When I am needed in the city, I know it's a day of adventure. When I am on the road, it's a day or night of exploring the country. Considering all the experience and the benefits I am receiving, I am glad to say that FedEx freight is a great company to work for. I have had a taste of few other companies and I know we got it good here.
Well if you ask me they could do a lot better with the pension plan and health insurance. Aside from that it's not a bad place to be.

If you would try subcontracting your service to Coop Dispatch LLC, Big Dave has some great benefits to offer. "Golden", opportunities, as he says....
Obviously a Patel didn't write this...
What the perv under the bag meant is that great opportunities abound on weekends with Coop Dispatch. With your positive attitude, the -15% won't apply to you like another team on board.

It's all about finding contentment in your life. Not many ever find it.

No. But also yes. It has recently come to my attention that Hat Dispatch and BRG Patel Consulting are financed, through a series of shell companies, by the Cayman banks! The names on the loans change five times a day to confuse anyone looking too closely.
CF, you may have just uncovered a rat in the wood pile!

I’m gonna go with yes....and it’s probably apple. The cherry was lost many moons ago!!

Red, just had a brainstorm, go to that Caman Bank, have DD co sign and borrow enough money to fill a FDEX Trailer with Apple Turnovers.
After the winning guess and Wong's protest for not having Coop Dispatch on the trailer,
Have CF do the final count, think he would be more honest than the Goat Herder.
First prize could be an autographed pic of BillyLo, and maybe one of Dave's discarded hats.

Red, just had a brainstorm, go to that Caman Bank, have DD co sign and borrow enough money to fill a FDEX Trailer with Apple Turnovers.
After the winning guess and Wong's protest for not having Coop Dispatch on the trailer,
Have CF do the final count, think he would be more honest than the Goat Herder.
First prize could be an autographed pic of BillyLo, and maybe one of Dave's discarded hats.
Whoa horsey, slow your roll!!

First, if I go to the Cayman’s to borrow money, I won’t need a co-signer and second, once I get the money I’ll just stay and eat the apple turnovers myself while enjoying the “scenery”!! CF is more than welcome to join me but but I’m afraid with no ice roads down yonder for him to skate on, he won’t last long...eh!!

By the time Coop Dispatch sends Wong & BD down to investigate to see where the money and pies went (it’ll be a long ride on Kabayo since there’s no “wooden roads” in Mexico), I’ll be unrecognizable since they’ll mistakenly be using the autographed pic of BillyLo to try and find me!!

No no no. You guys are over thinking wrong info.

DoKahYY.jpg

I keep Coop Dispatch money in a Porsche Cayman that Donna got me last year that I don't fit in...

No no no. You guys are over thinking wrong info.

DoKahYY.jpg

I keep Coop Dispatch money in a Porsche Cayman that Donna got me last year that I don't fit in...
Is that the car I saw parked under your hat at the Coop last week???

What made you go back to FedEx? What you really dislike about other companies?

A few things I understand how they roll. Hrly pay is pretty good compared to others for starting out, just not sure the hrs are there, and is probably a location thing.

Please correct me on on the following if I'm wrong. No offering of stock at discount for employees. Seniority is either a city driver list or rd driver list, driver goes to bottom when switching. Bottom driver can be bumped around to cover routes. New city driver could start the day as late as 3-4 p.m.

What made you go back to FedEx? What you really dislike about other companies?

A few things I understand how they roll. Hrly pay is pretty good compared to others for starting out, just not sure the hrs are there, and is probably a location thing.

Please correct me on on the following if I'm wrong. No offering of stock at discount for employees. Seniority is either a city driver list or rd driver list, driver goes to bottom when switching. Bottom driver can be bumped around to cover routes. New city driver could start the day as late as 3-4 p.m.
Fedex Freight introduced me to the trucking industry when I was first granted permit to work in the UNTIED STATES. All I wanted was a job. And they gave me a job. I went through the driver's development program about 13years ago and was given the CDL that would have cost me thousands of dollars if I had gone to school to get it. But being that my status in the US was not that of a citizen or permanent residence, I couldn't obtain my Hazmat endorsement. After a yr or so working the dock and using the hustler, FedEx had to make a division. And I perfectly understood. Left with a CDL. Long story short, was out of the country for about 6years due to my immigration status. Came back 3yrs ago, called FedEx and they promise to bring me back on board after at least one year experience. Sure enough, they delivered on their promise. So to me, and as far as working is concern, FedEx freight is the place to be. No company is perfect as far as humans are in charge. I am elated to be back to the very place it all started. Who knows, I may just retired here. Speaking of stocks, employees are allowed to buy stocks at employee rate. Don't quote me on that but I bought and a little % of my income goes towards it. Hourly rate is location based. Those up North makes more than those down South. Yes, senior city goes bottom road. I am at the city bottom and I delight in the bumping around, delivering the purple promise. My motto is, if FedEx need it done,I make it happen. Isn't that why they pay us in the first place? I make myself useful in whatever capacity I am needed and it is paying off. I get road runs people who have been there for years may not get. Employers know how to run this show without rufffing the feathers of the senior guys.