FedEx Freight | New city tractors in DAL?

killmypc

TB Lurker
Credits
:hissyfit: It's Cryin' time..

Hey ya'll,

I hear a lot about new trucks at other centers, some don't have anything but new trucks... I still have an Intl, with NO AIR..:17:

Didn't get to finish...

Any body heard anything about DAL?, any new city tractors soon. We were told last year, Dec, then Feb, then June....still nothing..Any news?

Man I hope ya'll do get trucks-our poor guys are driving heat boxes! There is one guy who has been suffering from migranes and all that heat just adds to his pain. Two of our city drivers had to drive him home the other day. I love working for FXF but their biggest downfall is saying something and not following through with it when it comes to equipment and the bigger things like that. We have been on the list for a new center for a long time and everytime they get close they always back off and put it on the back burner. A year ago they were saying we would be in our new center with in a year. But we've all heard that before! A "year" later we still here at the same terminal. Good luck to ya in DAL!:red_bandana:

Thank for the welcome, Smokestack (Cool Avatar)
Hey nina,
We have way too many "hot boxes" here in DAL, couple of weeks ago, we had a driver pass out while unloading a trailer!! Of couse, the Powers That Be blamed it on the driver not drinking enough liquids. However, I know this driver, and that he carries a cooler (almost needs a two-wheeler to carry it) with him every day, full of ice water. I am sure it was a combination of the heat in the truck and trailer that led to this. He was out 1 day, back now and doing fine. It's very hard to accept that FXF cannot afford to have A/C, and it is 2006 by the way!!!

later

killmypc said:
Thank for the welcome, Smokestack (Cool Avatar)

It was my best class picture from the 8th grade , my mom was never really happy with it but it was the best that the nuns could do with the camera. I still look like that just less hair and a bigger pot belly (from beer). Well thanks again and enjoy the company here on the boards we have some great folks here.

Smokestack :USA:

killmypc said:
:hissyfit: It's Cryin' time..

Hey ya'll,

I hear a lot about new trucks at other centers, some don't have anything but new trucks... I still have an Intl, with NO AIR..:17:

Didn't get to finish...

Any body heard anything about DAL?, any new city tractors soon. We were told last year, Dec, then Feb, then June....still nothing..Any news?
I drove a Smurf with no a/c for 4 years, AF never had any city units with a/c until 2001. I see a lot of new drivers driving new KW's & road tractors every day. (we never got to do that when we started) They need more city units in Dal for sure, but that dont mean we will get them. I also see Roadway and Saia drivers with no a/c, I dont think its right to make someone work in temperatures over 100 degrees with no a/c.

we used to be told that it would make you sick to go from th heat to the cold, I said I guess we need to get rid of the heaters also then, lol.

FM

When I started about 9 yrs ago I drove R204, reclassed. Then moved to R1216, also "reclassed", which meant they pulled the belt off a perfectly good AC unit. Dumbest thing I ever saw !
After some begging and pleading with my bosses then, they said they wouldn't "see" anything if it "grew" an ac belt. So that morning I went and bought one with my money, (even got the AF discount) best $2.00 I ever spent ! That was a great truck, power, 10 speed, etc. Of course that was a long time ago. You could never do that with fdx. But I worked my rear off for those bosses, and they knew it.
Good luck killmypc. I remember all to well delivering school books this time of year....

Hey ya'll,
I don't know what to think about the city units, the only answers I get at DAL is "CYCLE, CYCLE, CYCLE" Good Lord Have Mercy if I choke the @%# out of.....(someone). Some days those are the only messages on my brick. Yea, Grizzly, I see a lot of SIAI, Roadway, Overnight, etc w/no air, and I know its all part of the "game", and honestly, thats the only complaint I have with my old truck, it pulls good, doesn't wander from lane to lane, it's really a good truck.

Hey 365Volare,...I hadn't thought about the books.....any day now...
Maybe I'll build me a swamp-cooler.... :shades: lol

chitownpeddler said:
Our fleet/shop manager said fedex is not buying city tractors anymore. Just road trucks for double duty
Sounds just like New Penn .... They originally stated that since the trucks were used as city units A/C was not a requirement. That has changed, all new units purchased now come with A/C.
The other issue with having one tractor doing double duty is when the city driver is stuck out on his route with late work and the line haul driver loses his unit because it's not back in time.

flstc2000 said:
The other issue with having one tractor doing double duty is when the city driver is stuck out on his route with late work and the line haul driver loses his unit because it's not back in time.
This happens a lot in DAL...

You know I htink it is pretty pathetic that you the drivers have to drive heat boxes- knowing they just spent 780 million dollars cash money for Watkins. I know they can afford ac in these trucks.

killmypc spread the word about Truckingboards in DAL and welcome to the boards

A/C does no good when your having to unload 480 cases of water 7800 lbs by hand because the liftgates we've been hearing about for years have never shown up!Are we the only center without a single liftgate.