FedEx Freight | New city tractors in DAL?

FX
That sux man, I think we have two here in Dal, but they are loaded with ONLY liftgate frt, they work those guys down... I have a buddy that is assigned a liftgate "route", and they send him ALL OVER the city... But, no doubt it is better than trying to unload without one!!

FXCITY said:
A/C does no good when your having to unload 480 cases of water 7800 lbs by hand because the liftgates we've been hearing about for years have never shown up!Are we the only center without a single liftgate.
It appears the work gets done .... but if someone gets hurt or suffers heat stroke due to the lack of proper equipment, then you can bet you'll see that liftgate !

Where we are, lift gate trailers never stay in one place very long. Last week I took ours (on the back) to SGF. Something has to do with "the need".. Now,, don't rag on me, I don't make that choice. If it were up to me, almost every center would have at least one, bigger centers like Dallas need several.... I can't remember how many times I could have used a pallet jack intead of a 2 wheeler.....

When a company has (bean counters) specing equipment, most likely they have never experienced the conditions that have been mentioned by quite a few associates. I am not here to bad mouth them but common sense tells you that there has to be a better way. I know from when I first came aboard they gave the same winter jacket to a guy in Miami as well as Bangor, looked great but they were out of touch.

gman said:
Does anyone know if the vehicles they purchase for management and sales, have air-con?????????????

LOL,,, I bet they even come with umbrella's so they don't melt in the rain.....

gman said:
Does anyone know if the vehicles they purchase for management and sales, have air-con?????????????

your joking right??? I dont think they even manufacture a car that doesnt have A/c anymore like trucks it standard equipment now trucks its law has to have all new purchased trucks

killmypc said:
:hissyfit: It's Cryin' time..

Hey ya'll,

I hear a lot about new trucks at other centers, some don't have anything but new trucks... I still have an Intl, with NO AIR..:17:

Didn't get to finish...

Any body heard anything about DAL?, any new city tractors soon. We were told last year, Dec, then Feb, then June....still nothing..Any news?

We get them in FTW !!!!:bicycle:

FXCITY said:
A/C does no good when your having to unload 480 cases of water 7800 lbs by hand because the liftgates we've been hearing about for years have never shown up!Are we the only center without a single liftgate.

We have 3...two pups...one straight truck!