ABF | New Contract Flexibility

truxforever

TB Regular
Credits
Before the new contract vote, all we heard about was being able to compete with the non-union companies. Now that they have the flexibility, why is it taking so long to get started using it. Why are we giving Yellow Freight the jump in getting started with this. What do you guy's think about this. Will it be a good thing or bad thing for the company.

For one thing this is a YRC negotiated contract. If you remember,ABF wanted to negotiate their own but well ... who knows what happened about all that. Latest rumor I heard was that ABF was filing for another change of operations. I don`t know if this is true or not. This came from our local. When asked our T.M. and oper. man. said they knew nothing about it but would they tell you if they did?

That is the same reply we got from our TM and O.M. Our PSE driver told us he heard ABF was waiting to see what Yellow would do first. I knew this was a Yellow contract but since we are stuck with it let's use it to our benefit so we can compete.

Heard ABF filed a coo, but it was filed too late to be heard in May. It would be heard in June. Latest heard from road drivers at 086.