New Contract Negotiations

At one of the terminals today, the drivers were told to clean out their personal belongings from their tractors, and there will be a meeting on why, Monday. My guess is there closing down that terminal.

Steve,

You are right in what you said. I would be happy with even a little bit of a raise. But I do like the overtime. And the pension is very nice!!!!

Which terminal was that at? Any idea?

Mike

And you will get a raise the 2nd year, plus the next pay level, 95% or 100%

And one of the MARYLAND terminals

Steve
The pension plan has been put in place? I hope so if yu go on the national iam website and just put in a dollar an hr contribution and follow it its nice $ to retire. I think that this may be the last contract period. Dont hold me to that. Im reallyh worried about paying medical and not getting a significant raise. Im currently out on comp but my steward called me on friday. I wish i answered the phone.

You will not pay for medical the first year of the contract, but the 2nd thru 5th you will, and it will be capped at the same cost to you for the 4 years.

yeah i heard that we are going to contribute a peice of the raise. If we get into the national pension and healthcare gets capped I would be willing to stay until i retire. I am not so worried about my dollar an hr.

The first year no raise, and no cost to you for medical, and you get the Pension, with the company contribution of more than you are receiving now, for most workers. The second year you will go to top pay, plus get a raise over the cost of paying your medical, and a decent raise the 3,4, and 5 year

Bits and Pieces of a Deal do not tell the whole Story

Steve has not seen the entire deal being proposed by the Company. I think that people who can't restrain themselves from fishing for bits and pieces that may or may not be correct, should stop for a moment and consider that they may be doing more damage than good.
If the Union has told us that they are conducting a Meeting on June 7th, in which all the Stewards are supposed to attend; then I think that we should all just "Chill-out" until we hear the entire deal being offered. To my knowledge, there has not been any vote at any Terminal, including Albany/Burlington, to ratify any agreement, so that means that nothing has been settled yet.
I want to be at that Meeting and hear the deal, so I can properly present it to the 250 Union workers in my Terminal, that is my responsibility as a Steward. Save the Bits and Pieces
for another time. People read this stuff and take it way to seriously.
In 1 week they will hold that Steward's Meeting in NJ, at which point I'm sure that the Union will provide us with all the correct information to bring back to our Terminals. I look forward to meeting you Brother.:1036316054:

Ganis is correct in what he is saying, I have not heard from the horses mouth yet, only from various other sources, bits and pieces. Yes we will all know the facts after the June 7 meeting. I hope we will hear good things, especially that the new Pension plan was approved.

If ya"ll would stop the BS stealing with the miles just matbe we would get a raise there is no reason to go around and around every night stop trying to beat the comp as we can not

Thanx to steve I will be there also. I am just an asst. steward but I want to assist my steward in explaining what is going on. I agree with Ganis I want to hear it from the horses mouth.

I'm looking forward to next week after the meeting. I just hope that those who have already progressed to top rate don't forget about us on this end. 1 more year is a long time to wait and I hope that some advocate on junior drivers to be put to top rate at the signing. Benefits, pension, that all great but lets get everyone on an even playiying field first. After all, all juniors drivers have been holding on for years to get top rate as that is what we expected based on the prior. However not many people have been as eagerly awaiting or even expecting improvements in a pension. I am anxiously awaiting the truth from this meeting on the 7th. Lets not spread anything around until we know for sure. Thanx George and all for your posts. Talk 2 You soon.

:hide: Does anybody have any updates or details on the contract after todays meeting. Progression?, Pay Rate?, Medical?, Pension?

When do we get to see propossals and voice our vote.

There are quite afew things going on check with your shop steward see a copy of the proposal. It seems to me and the guys I was with today like a fair deal. I just do not want to put it in a public post. PM mee with a phone # and I will be more than happy to discuss.

Ask your Steward on , he will explain it all to you.

Boy oh boy did GeoAnus and the crew tighten the lid on you canaries!

C'mon, sing - oh what's that? Mockingbirds sing the sad song of your new agreement, not Canaries?

Lol, 3 years no real raise? Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck boys,

Sorry - many there deserve better!