FedEx Freight | New Contractors are starving

I was thinking, thats a bad thing for a driver to do but something came to me .A truck driver is paid for what is below the bottom lip not above,so thinging is not allowed or accepted . I did it again "bad driver". LOL

His is a she was because someone refered to me as male...I thought "Petes GAL" was good enough...so I just clarified that..:)))

fr8rookie said:
I was thinking, thats a bad thing for a driver to do but something came to me .A truck driver is paid for what is below the bottom lip not above,so thinging is not allowed or accepted . I did it again "bad driver". LOL
thinging is ok, just don't get caught thinging your thingy in public.

mrblanche said:
I'm a little puzzled. I'm a linehaul single O/O, and I get in line right with the company solo drivers (wild). I've been many places (including Orlando) where the team contractors were coming in and leaving in an hour, but the solos usually have to wait their sleep time, unless they have only driven a short distance.

I'm not making money hand over fist, and I wish the outbound from home were more dependable, but if someone is telling your husband he has to wait for company trucks, they're just flat not telling him the truth.

In addition, I have never run anywhere without being paid every mile I drove, whether it was loaded, empty, or even bobtail. In fact, if they want to run me bobtail, I'll do that all day every day. Yeah, I know that's not economical, but it works in the short run.

Last week, they were ready to send me home bobtail from El Paso, but then decided to have me take one loaded trailer.

You can't get $20,000 behind in 30 days. It's just not possible.

There's more to this story than we're getting up front.

well allow me to clarify it then. At fedex ground I was a team O/O running from Sacramento to Atl . every week out Tues. home Sat morning. 5264 miles per week. I made $6200. per week with fuel sur charge. Paid my driver 1000. per week. I took home roughly 5K .At this S hole I am with now I sit for 4 to 5 days on a board of 25 to 30 other drivers and wait. then when they finally give me work its local crap that I cant make any money with. I am getting charged ins. while I sit. So now I owe Watkins money for sitting. Instead of going back to ground and making my 5K again. I left them finally and I am going Back to ground. its so true...the grass isnt always greener. I was lied to and promised the world. It was all B.S. typical L.H. mgr crap. So I now have a team at ground with a set run Atl to Los Angeles. every week. 5100 miles. So, I 'll have my 5K back. Just gotta do some catch up. i lost alot of potencial income working at Watkins, well not really working. sitting at Watkins. So 5K per week. for 4 weeks...thats 30 days....thats 20K I lost...