XPO | New corporation ...New Truckingboard...New Owners ???

Credits
I'm liking the idea ...hate to not be able to go back and re read those old threads but ... change is good too ... as with our new corporation, perhaps some of the old outdated wornout stuff will be replaced with new and improved equiptment and tools .The thing that's really bugging me is that con-way usually dosen't do things half assed. They had a bigger to do over the 20 years in business than the re-branding campaigne ... What would have made a believer out of me is coming to work on party day and being handed new uniforms ... over the weekend contractors would have been feverishly working to restripe tractors and trailers ... Seems to me the waiting til next year to get new uniforms is a wait and see ploy to see if someone is going to buy us out... On that note , The name change was a done deal even before a proxy was sent out... Based on past history ... my opinoin is that we have already been purchased , pending some outcome of something ... otherwise I believe the money would have been spent so that we don't look like a bunch of clowns going down the road ...If there is something this company want's to do .. they do it 100% ie picking Cigna for our health care ... Trowe for 401k's sterling for tractors ... ESL's ... sub service carriers swapping freight amongst the west central south ... triples ... change is good if you know the truth about the change . I wish I had the ability to look into a crystal ball and see what's coming next ... There are those who know but won't tell ... What gives ??? If you let the cat out of the bag are you gonna loose some money ??? What about me ??? .... Screwed again !!! better me that you ... I feel better now ... but I'm not looking foward to the future ... looking like a circus wagon going down the road and not knowing with confidence that my future is secure .. Just looking for some answers and the truth about the people I work for and the changes about to take place . Don't mess me over or the other 20,000 employees either .

Scroodigan

I like the so called master branding of the Conway companies. Change is good. I wonder how long things will take before we are completely changed over?
New colors new attitude? I'm hoping. I read alot of posts in the old forums and people just poked fun at the company, hate what they have to do, feel like they are taken advantage of etc.
If Conway is so shady why do people stay? I'm sure there is a bigger picture in any corporate world that we just don't see or are ever told about.
As long as I get paid for an honest days work I'm happy.

scroodigan- who do you think has purchased us? UPS? maybe I'm dreaming. We would have to go back to brown.

Dockworker said:
If Conway is so shady why do people stay? I'm sure there is a bigger picture in any corporate world that we just don't see or are ever told about.
I will admit that I have looked around at other companies, thinking that maybe Con-Way wasn't the best place for me to park for the next 40 years, but after checking out the other ltl companies in the area and talking to a lot of other drivers from a lot of other LTL companies, con-way really is one of the best ones to work for. I know at our terminal we lost a few drivers to other companies and i know of at least 3 who want to come back. What does that say? After my little window shopping expidition, i must say i'm happier here. now that i have an idea of just how green the grass is (or isn't) on the other side, i seem to be able to tolerate/deal with the bs stuff a lot easier too.

Now thats what I'm talking about! Positve posts.
It does get pretty old hearing about all the whining. I'm not sure who's senior or junior on these boards but the overall consensus was bitter.
If you don't like where you are working get out, plain and simple, no one is holding a gun to your head or chaining you to the company.
I'm sure every trucking company has their whiners, but Con-Way seems to have the most. (At least in the older forum)

I questioned coming to Con-way myself, I looked into everything deeper than the upfront hourly pay. Con-way just seemed like the right fit. I'm not affraid of pulling freight on the dock with a pallet jack, 2 wheeler, etc. I could care less if someone takes my forklift as long as he is needy of it. I get paid by the hour. In some way it keeps me fit, breaks up the monotony of sitting in a truck all day long.

It's always nice to hear and read positive stuff about a company, debates are cool, makes me feel like I made a good choice.
In some ways these forums have brought other Con-Way terminals together to learn and compare. I really enjoy it here.

Is there really any safe place out there ... I doubt it but I don't work out there ... I work here ... don't care what fed ex pays ups pays just care about what cf inc. pays what the retirement is pension is health etc... I have no control over what other companies do or don't do ... I would like to think that I (we) ie YOU CAN HAVE A VOICE and make a difference

Hey dockworker not to be critical but you get payed by the customer ...not by the hour ... Thanks for the jeep though !!! haha

Love these kinds of posts, This is what Truckingboards is about

Dockworker said:
I like the so called master branding of the Conway companies. Change is good. I wonder how long things will take before we are completely changed over?
New colors new attitude? I'm hoping. I read alot of posts in the old forums and people just poked fun at the company, hate what they have to do, feel like they are taken advantage of etc.

scroodigan- who do you think has purchased us? UPS? maybe I'm dreaming. We would have to go back to brown.
Sure we poke fun at the company,This is a voice to people that can't speak out load.You are very right that c f (conway freight) has alot going for it.But their are thing going on that need to be addressed.So why not address them and have a little fun along the way.I believe we need to raise the hiring standard's,Not a bad thing,right.Cut down the 5.3 years to top scale.Find out if their are better health care plans then cigna.How they plan on fixing our under funded supplemental pension plan.(page 57 2005 annual report) and how much is it underfunded.The thing I have just said are not disloyal.These thing I'm asking our things that as co-owners we should all be asking.

scroodigan said:
Is there really any safe place out there ... I doubt it but I don't work out there ... I work here ... don't care what fed ex pays ups pays just care about what cf inc. pays what the retirement is pension is health etc... I have no control over what other companies do or don't do ... I would like to think that I (we) ie YOU CAN HAVE A VOICE and make a difference

Hey dockworker not to be critical but you get payed by the customer ...not by the hour ... Thanks for the jeep though !!! haha

To be even more critical. I get paid by Con-Way who inturn gets paid by the customer. :D It's all the same bowl of soup.
Hey? Can I borrow the jeep now? I need to move a 10 pound box on a 50 pound pallet.

gfy said:
Sure we poke fun at the company,This is a voice to people that can't speak out load.You are very right that c f (conway freight) has alot going for it.But their are thing going on that need to be addressed.So why not address them and have a little fun along the way.I believe we need to raise the hiring standard's,Not a bad thing,right.Cut down the 5.3 years to top scale.Find out if their are better health care plans then cigna.How they plan on fixing our under funded supplemental pension plan.(page 57 2005 annual report) and how much is it underfunded.The thing I have just said are not disloyal.These thing I'm asking our things that as co-owners we should all be asking.

I see your point gfy. There is some fat that could be trimmed to benefit all.

Dockworker said:
I see your point gfy. There is some fat that could be trimmed to benefit all.
Benefiting all is what it's all about.One for all and all for one.Where's my glass of kool-aid when I need it.What I would like to see is a Representative of C F(conway freight) and con-way INC take part in all this.

gfy said:
Benefiting all is what it's all about.One for all and all for one.Where's my glass of kool-aid when I need it.What I would like to see is a Representative of C F(conway freight) and con-way INC take part in all this.

I'm sure that they read the boards.. And I sure hope the first new and approved yes class is having fun :clap:

scroodigan said:
... but I'm not looking foward to the future ... looking like a circus wagon going down the road and not knowing with confidence that my future is secure ..

Scroodigan
It looked like that a few years ago when the three different units came together and we had 3 different color trailers and 3 different color dollies.... Before they painted it all gray.... Should be a quicker changeover this time......I hope :clap:

Dockworker said:
Now thats what I'm talking about! Positve posts.
That's what I was sayin' when I inadvertently hi-jacked the "Nashville Area" thread on the old boards. If we band together in a mature, respectable manner and approach our leaders with LEGITIMATE gripes about policy and procedure, chances are we'll be taken seriously.

However, if we choose to conduct ourselves in a "Channel 19" manner and hide behind a CB mic in the darkness of night in anonymity, we'll probably still be here on these boards whinin' and moanin' 25 years from now. Moonin' each other with icons and calling our leaders this and that and everything else won't help our concerns and dilemmas.

We, as drivers of Con-way Freight, need to build ourselves a reputation. On that reputation we could work together (with our leaders included) to solve the problems we face everyday. I want to make this company the envy of the trucking industry. That means maintaining professionalism on the road, at our terminals, AND on these boards. You guys know as well as I do that it's not only Con-way employees that read our threads. If we start building that reputation here, maybe our leaders might take notice and read what we have to say. Heck, they might even take us seriously one day.

Who's with me? Can I get some more Amen's?

DragRacer said:
That's what I was saying' when I inadvertently hi-jacked the "Nashville Area" thread on the old boards. If we band together in a mature, respectable manner and approach our leaders with LEGITIMATE gripes about policy and procedure, chances are we'll be taken seriously.

However, if we choose to conduct ourselves in a "Channel 19" manner and hide behind a CB mic in the darkness of night in anonymity, we'll probably still be here on these boards whinin' and moanin' 25 years from now. Moonin' each other with icons and calling our leaders this and that and everything else won't help our concerns and dilemmas.

We, as drivers of Con-way Freight, need to build ourselves a reputation. On that reputation we could work together (with our leaders included) to solve the problems we face everyday. I want to make this company the envy of the trucking industry. That means maintaining professionalism on the road, at our terminals, AND on these boards. You guys know as well as I do that it's not only Con-way employees that read our threads. If we start building that reputation here, maybe our leaders might take notice and read what we have to say. Heck, they might even take us seriously one day.

Who's with me? Can I get some more Amen's?
You are saying we should work together as a team.That good and you are right about that.But when the the wonders who are in charge put policy's in place to keep us fighting each other it won't happen,You end up with a lot of bad blood.Reputation,Our rep is not good,not from us fooling around on the boards.By the way we drive for one.Not many drivers have to many good things to say about our driving.Go,Go,And go.Be on time.Our leaders do take notice about what is said on the boards.60time's by cnf services company in one day,found them in here on a sunday .I know many mangers who watch it also.

gfy said:
You are saying we should work together as a team.That good and you are right about that.But when the the wonders who are in charge put policy's in place to keep us fighting each other it won't happen,You end up with a lot of bad blood.Reputation,Our rep is not good,not from us fooling around on the boards.By the way we drive for one.Not many drivers have to many good things to say about our driving.Go,Go,And go.Be on time.Our leaders do take notice about what is said on the boards.60time's by cnf services company in one day,found them in here on a sunday .I know many mangers who watch it also.

Very true gfy, with some policy's it is hard. One good example is first in first out.:chairshot:

okay.
Policy is in Place (as in "First in and First out")
Certain people are not following it.
I know this would tick me off, if I was the First in Second, Third or Fourth out.
Looking past the anger of getting screwed and possibly taking one for the TEAM in the name of "operations", or even a co-worker sneaking past you. How do we work as a TEAM to prevent this from happening again?
I try not to get too mad, I know the first in first out is there to makes things fair. If it doesn't mess up my hours, I guess I would be fine with it. I'm getting paid for it anyway.
If I found out my fellow co-worker snuck past me just to get out. hmmmm I really don't know what I would do.