XPO | New corporation ...New Truckingboard...New Owners ???

I looked around a little and did not find anything that seemed out of the ordinary,but I'm not real sure what I am looking for.Looked at 2005 10k report,pretty boring reading,checked on the SEC site same boring stuff.Maybe I just don't know what I am looking at.Somebody help! Point me in a direction and I should be able to find it.

i came to work at csw in 1990 and left for greener grass in 1994. needless to say the grass turned brown and i came back in 1999. i have worked for ups in management got fed up with the BS came to conway. they are a lot alike in many ways but as i have said previously if you dont like it leave

i came to work at csw in 1990 and left for greener grass in 1994. needless to say the grass turned brown and i came back in 1999. i have worked for ups in management got fed up with the BS came to conway. they are a lot alike in many ways but as i have said previously if you dont like it leave
I do not want to leave--I want to stay and fight to the last drop of there blood. Let us go back to the start of this thread and reread what it started out as.

Thats you're falt.FXF didn't have any spots open?I love one's who go and come back.Blindfaith won't get you more in you're pay check

i came to work at csw in 1990 and left for greener grass in 1994. needless to say the grass turned brown and i came back in 1999. i have worked for ups in management got fed up with the BS came to conway. they are a lot alike in many ways but as i have said previously if you dont like it leave.

Well, there was your mistake! You went from brown to a worse shade of brown!!:hysterical:

I know of 7 people who have left Con-Way (2 were forced to leave) and all are happy where they are now. 4 went to FedEx Freight. 1 went to Old Dominion. The other 2 work regional OTR and couldn't be happier.
To each their own (as they say) however, you must do your research...brown's always been a drab color.:biglaugh:

Well, there was your mistake! You went from brown to a worse shade of brown!!:hysterical:

I know of 7 people who have left Con-Way (2 were forced to leave) and all are happy where they are now. 4 went to FedEx Freight. 1 went to Old Dominion. The other 2 work regional OTR and couldn't be happier.
To each their own (as they say) however, you must do your research...brown's always been a drab color.:biglaugh:
A large number of the guy's who went to FXF are now making more and love that place.

It will not get any better!

When i started working at con-way it was 3 years to top scale,we had a good health an pension plan.Now con-way
is a big company,an they are saving big dollars by taking 1% of our pay for health care,an saving big dollars on sick days.an pension.

I have been at Con-Way for a long time. I still have the original employee benefit book. When I read it, and compare it to the current one, it is a joke! Either laugh or cry, it is up to you!
Regarding the recent changes to our sick days, pension, and other ENHANCEMENTS......... I will suck every second of overtime I can........at least until they offer another ENHANCEMENT..... like overtime after 50 hours.
It is coming...Believe It!

To BT, you know how you are.

I have been at Con-Way for a long time. I still have the original employee benefit book. When I read it, and compare it to the current one, it is a joke! Either laugh or cry, it is up to you!
Regarding the recent changes to our sick days, pension, and other ENHANCEMENTS......... I will suck every second of overtime I can........at least until they offer another ENHANCEMENT..... like overtime after 50 hours.
It is coming...Believe It!
It is about time for you to log in and join the fun!

Guys I hate to say it but its Time for the big U

U as in unity, I agree that it is time for unity among ourselfs, and if we had unity, did a little working together, just think what we as a group would be able to do. If we started to go back through the threads and passed up the one`s that had nothing to do with anything but idle chat and studied the one`s that have meaning, just think.

U as in unity, I agree that it is time for unity among ourselfs, and if we had unity, did a little working together, just think what we as a group would be able to do. If we started to go back through the threads and passed up the one`s that had nothing to do with anything but idle chat and studied the one`s that have meaning, just think.
How true.I'm in the mood for a fight,Anyone up.

I'm liking the idea ...hate to not be able to go back and re read those old threads but ... change is good too ... as with our new corporation, perhaps some of the old outdated wornout stuff will be replaced with new and improved equiptment and tools .The thing that's really bugging me is that con-way usually dosen't do things half assed. They had a bigger to do over the 20 years in business than the re-branding campaigne ... What would have made a believer out of me is coming to work on party day and being handed new uniforms ... over the weekend contractors would have been feverishly working to restripe tractors and trailers ... Seems to me the waiting til next year to get new uniforms is a wait and see ploy to see if someone is going to buy us out... On that note , The name change was a done deal even before a proxy was sent out... Based on past history ... my opinoin is that we have already been purchased , pending some outcome of something ... otherwise I believe the money would have been spent so that we don't look like a bunch of clowns going down the road ...If there is something this company want's to do .. they do it 100% ie picking Cigna for our health care ... Trowe for 401k's sterling for tractors ... ESL's ... sub service carriers swapping freight amongst the west central south ... triples ... change is good if you know the truth about the change . I wish I had the ability to look into a crystal ball and see what's coming next ... There are those who know but won't tell ... What gives ??? If you let the cat out of the bag are you gonna loose some money ??? What about me ??? .... Screwed again !!! better me that you ... I feel better now ... but I'm not looking foward to the future ... looking like a circus wagon going down the road and not knowing with confidence that my future is secure .. Just looking for some answers and the truth about the people I work for and the changes about to take place . Don't mess me over or the other 20,000 employees either .

Scroodigan
Some very good things in this thread.

gfy

looks good cause you did'nt start this one not a negative post like yours I agree there is no place better too wok than conway there all the same but conway alittle better