XPO | New cut times for L/H

As mentioned here, cut times are now being pushed. Take off your briefs fellas, let's see how long this lasts!

For you guys that go on long runs I wonder if they will start doing the first-in first-out stuff.

I actually think management wants to run this how it's suppose to be and see if there is a trend in you guys needing to be picked up, etc..

I know you guys do what you have to do to get it done in 14 in the funny book but in the not too future you won't be able to do that and it's better to get it resolved sooner than later for everyone especially before our ole' friend Frosty comes back around.

I should also add that there are many a drivers that get their truck and dolly before touching the clock and starting their hours. You won't be able to giveaway that 30+ minutes everyday like you do now, atleast not easily. You shouldn't even be doing it now! You could be getting paid! You are to be clocked in while getting your dolly and pre-tripping.
First in first out is company SOP. All fac's should be doing it. You should never do anything before punching in. You get hurt, your in deep.

First in first out is company SOP. All fac's should be doing it. You should never do anything before punching in. You get hurt, your in deep.

First in, first out, now thats funny. At least at the last FAC I ran to , it depended on if you had boobs or a vagina or if your domiciled supervisor wanted his golden kids back so they could work outbound before their run the next night. Otherwise it was hit the dock sucker, with just enough time to hook and make it back.

And we have been guilty of coming in off the clock, finding the tractor, grabbing a dolly and cleaning windows for free. Like the above poster said, if you get hurt, you are up a creek with no paddle. And it wont fly with e-logs. Though you can move the truck for about 30 miles now under personal conveyance.
And managers can edit your logs anyway, so this e-logs thing still leaves room for cheating, unless there is an electronic trail that cannot be modified

There was a time period in the late 80's and early 90's that they said your pre-trip and post-trip was a part of your mileage pay and we gave up a minimum of 15 minutes for all original hooks and final drops and 8 minutes on vias, we put it on 265 and deducted the time from your hook and drop time. I went and dug up an old 265 from1991 to see if my memory was right. Now that really stunk way back then before social media come out just another time I lost out on a lot of money due me. Anyone else remembers that silliness??

There was a time period in the late 80's and early 90's that they said your pre-trip and post-trip was a part of your mileage pay and we gave up a minimum of 15 minutes for all original hooks and final drops and 8 minutes on vias, we put it on 265 and deducted the time from your hook and drop time. I went and dug up an old 265 from1991 to see if my memory was right. Now that really stunk way back then before social media come out just another time I lost out on a lot of money due me. Anyone else remembers that silliness??
Yep. They tried getting out of paying us at the border too. " it's built into your mileage pay." We asked for a breakdown of the mileage pay. No one could ever get us one.

First in, first out, now thats funny. At least at the last FAC I ran to , it depended on if you had boobs or a vagina or if your domiciled supervisor wanted his golden kids back so they could work outbound before their run the next night. Otherwise it was hit the dock sucker, with just enough time to hook and make it back.

And we have been guilty of coming in off the clock, finding the tractor, grabbing a dolly and cleaning windows for free. Like the above poster said, if you get hurt, you are up a creek with no paddle. And it wont fly with e-logs. Though you can move the truck for about 30 miles now under personal conveyance.
And managers can edit your logs anyway, so this e-logs thing still leaves room for cheating, unless there is an electronic trail that cannot be modified
Your manager can edit your e-log but it come with a price. They must note why the change is being made and it also logs who made the changes. Now that next day you have to certified your log and you are saying it is true and correct just like signing your log book at the end of the day if its not you don't cert it. As big on safety we are around here I sure they will not give the little local FOS the power to edit your logs. The last company I worked for only 2 people other than the head of safety were allowed to edit your log.

I was just thinking, (though I don't do it often.)

For those who voluntarily do their pre-trip off the clock.

A fifteen minute pre-trip off the clock is costing you a lot of money.

Doing it five days a week, costs you one hour and fifteen minutes of clock time each week.
Multiply that by 52 weeks for the year, and you just cost yourself (and your family) 65 hours worth of pay.
65 hours lost for the year, times just $25.00 per hour, and you just cost yourself over $1,625.00 for the year.
That amount would make for a nice little deposit into a 401K. (not to mention the potential gains on the investment)
For everyone that has so much money that the $1,625.00 loss means nothing to you, you can start doing your pre-trip ON the clock, and just forward that needless/worthless money to your old buddy Flash. All donations will be accepted.
:1036316054:

I'm beginning to think our barn is the only one in our region who knows what a cut time is. The first two drivers at any meet point is on time. Everyone else is late! My average wait time is 2 hours, some times 3. I want my start time pushed back but TM won't allow it.

As soon as you dispatch now, it automatically logs you into the vnomics.

You can still log yourself back out if you need to move the truck. There"s also a box you can check for "In yard movement" that lets you move around the yard and stay on duty not driving. It's legal as long as you're on private property.

That being said, it's still stupid to get your dolly before going on the clock...

There's also a box you can check for "In yard movement" that lets you move around the yard and stay on duty not driving. It's legal as long as you're on private property.

That being said, it's still stupid to get your dolly before going on the clock...

Which would still start the clock which is exactly what should happen, IMO. The guys go get their dolly off-the-clock so they don't have to start their 14 hour clock until they punch to go hook.

Unless the EOBR has parameters set where you can go x mph and it stay on off-duty or x feet and stay off-duty. Some OTR companies are like that.

Which would still start the clock which is exactly what should happen, IMO. The guys go get their dolly off-the-clock so they don't have to start their 14 hour clock until they punch to go hook.

Unless the EOBR has parameters set where you can go x mph and it stay on off-duty or x feet and stay off-duty. Some OTR companies are like that.
What do you gain by getting your dolly before you hook? Just takes a little longer when you hook...

I started making them come pick me up. I shut it down 5 miles from the terminal one time because the idiot at the FAC wouldn't let me leave in time, even after being told twice what time i needed to leave by. Eventually when he went to the bathroom I took 2 loads and left on my own. You have to take their stupid numbers game and use it against them to get anything done.

What idiots ! Sounds like these FAC FOS's live in a fantasyland world rather than a reality world. Haven't cared too much for all of the ones that I've known over the many years that I've been w/ this company ..just a very select few.

What do you gain by getting your dolly before you hook? Just takes a little longer when you hook...

Oh, LH drivers will try all sorts of nonsense to save a handful of seconds- especially when they're dropping out. Going the wrong way on the yard, only hooking up the red line, cranking up the landing gear about an inch and a half.

When you see a guy cruising around the terminal playing chicken with other drivers without trailer lights, spewing air from the service line lying on the catwalk and throwing sparks from the landing gear, I can only imagine what else they don't have time to do.

Oh, LH drivers will try all sorts of nonsense to save a handful of seconds- especially when they're dropping out. Going the wrong way on the yard, only hooking up the red line, cranking up the landing gear about an inch and a half.

When you see a guy cruising around the terminal playing chicken with other drivers without trailer lights, spewing air from the service line lying on the catwalk and throwing sparks from the landing gear, I can only imagine what else they don't have time to do.

You've been around a FAC/LTL yard or two. It's a real joy to watch guys sometimes.

The company has guys by the short hairs on this. Log in and do everything on duty and risk running out of time only to wait 2-3 hours to get picked up and losing your run the next night, or don't and risk log violations... That's a quandary.