Estes | new dockworker?

then wonder why they are interviewing us next week? but yes i have all endorcements except hazmat

welp captian sarcasm i missed that you had an interview already. Typicaly they are slow hiring this time of year that's all i was getn at!!!
If your from up north youll fit in just fine!!
Best of look to ya!!

welp captian sarcasm i missed that you had an interview already. Typicaly they are slow hiring this time of year that's all i was getn at!!!
If your from up north youll fit in just fine!!
Best of look to ya!!

hahah boss you took thaat the completly wrong way? i wasnt trying to be sarcastic? and i havent had the interview yet its this comming tuesday for my buddy and i.. i really am just asking a question and trying to figure info out dude.. why do you say if im from up north i will fit in just fine? Ohio btw

flying dutchman said:
hahah boss you took thaat the completly wrong way? i wasnt trying to be sarcastic? and i havent had the interview yet its this comming tuesday for my buddy and i.. i really am just asking a question and trying to figure info out dude.. why do you say if im from up north i will fit in just fine? Ohio btw

Everybody up north is a smart a$$. Btw up north is everything north of I-20.

Everybody up north is a smart a$$. Btw up north is everything north of I-20.

Dutchman,,,,Thats what i meant when i said you would fit in i run northeast alot. everyone has lil wise guy inum... up north.....

Also like i said i really like working here as a driver. however working on the dock is up to what term your in your TM and your dock super can make or break your pleasure working here..... i only see my TM fri morning when iend my week and it's hi /goodbye have a good weekend.

still best of luck to ya! i think you will like it sure beats UPS part time pay and it's better than throwing boxes and you'll be driving them pups around a whole lot sooner than UPS package feeder dept.

I started in the summer of of '09 as a dockwoker/jockey had my cdl but not enough experience stayed in the yard for 1 1/2 then got the opportunity to go to estes 2 week driver school and now i'm a utility driver... you can move up sometimes it takes time though... best job i ever had

I started in the summer of of '09 as a dockwoker/jockey had my cdl but not enough experience stayed in the yard for 1 1/2 then got the opportunity to go to estes 2 week driver school and now i'm a utility driver... you can move up sometimes it takes time though... best job i ever had

Good going Hobo. You stuck it out and paid your dues and now youre getting the payoff. Thanks for sharing.

Dutchman,,,,Thats what i meant when i said you would fit in i run northeast alot. everyone has lil wise guy inum... up north.....

Also like i said i really like working here as a driver. however working on the dock is up to what term your in your TM and your dock super can make or break your pleasure working here..... i only see my TM fri morning when iend my week and it's hi /goodbye have a good weekend.

still best of luck to ya! i think you will like it sure beats UPS part time pay and it's better than throwing boxes and you'll be driving them pups around a whole lot sooner than UPS package feeder dept.

ok cool thanks boss i see what you are meaning.. were up north do you run to?

yea sounds like you played your cards right HOBO thats something i woulld like to do big time! Hopefully once tues comes around i will get the job and be able to let you guys know how the interview went atleast!!

ok cool thanks boss i see what you are meaning.. were up north do you run to?

Dutch, during this time a year. Mainly PA,NY,MA,CT,VA,MD,OH
but when it breaks lose in the spring anything east of the mississipi River really

I run Extra B. so i never know where ill be but for me i like that. i wouldnt want to run the same road everynight...

Dutch, during this time a year. Mainly PA,NY,MA,CT,VA,MD,OH
but when it breaks lose in the spring anything east of the mississipi River really

I run Extra B. so i never know where ill be but for me i like that. i wouldnt want to run the same road everynight...

Thats cool Boss and you arnt having to live in a truck! Were at in ohio do you usually come to? And the spring is that the buys season? also are you home everyweekend and on the road all week?

Extraboard runs 5 days with the option to keep running. I was home 2 times last week. Our terminal has a lot of inbound and outbound freight so its not uncommon to get home.

Thats cool Boss and you arnt having to live in a truck! Were at in ohio do you usually come to? And the spring is that the buys season? also are you home everyweekend and on the road all week?

Columbus alot then Toledo and Mansfield here n thier.......ya spring everything picks ups stays good intill the holidays jan and feb are typically lil slower,,,,,....... Ya Like mildew said 5 days on the road.. Option for another if you want the money usally i dont get back during the week since my term is right on the east coast ... i think if i was at a term that was more centrally located the chances of passing thru during the week would be higher.. I start sunday night and home early am friday. at our term we have drivers that start sun,mon,tue,wed. so some drivers work thru the weekend...

Columbus alot then Toledo and Mansfield here n thier.......ya spring everything picks ups stays good intill the holidays jan and feb are typically lil slower,,,,,....... Ya Like mildew said 5 days on the road.. Option for another if you want the money usally i dont get back during the week since my term is right on the east coast ... i think if i was at a term that was more centrally located the chances of passing thru during the week would be higher.. I start sunday night and home early am friday. at our term we have drivers that start sun,mon,tue,wed. so some drivers work thru the weekend...

That sounds great that sure wish that could be me some day! And all the time are you pulling doubles or 53? Do all terms run out like that or do some have linehull back and forth everynight? and still what do you think the odds of them hiring more than one what is the qualifations they look for and do they do back ground check im clear just wondering thow

That sounds great that sure wish that could be me some day! And all the time are you pulling doubles or 53? Do all terms run out like that or do some have linehull back and forth everynight? and still what do you think the odds of them hiring more than one what is the qualifations they look for and do they do back ground check im clear just wondering thow

Go Utility they love these guys hire on brand new, and they will let go a linehaul guy that has 5 more years at the company then you do!!! Utility is the way to go, a secure job to start. Us Linehaul been here to long guys are just a big expense in Robs pocketbook.

Dutchman, regardless of where you go, your gonna have harts, me personally Estes has dome me and my family right. Call it drinking cool aid or whatever, moneywise, and benefit wise its a great company, the money is on the extra board or team, as I do. As anywhere you have to get your foot in the door, like you have at ups, but it'll be quicker in LTL

dutchman, the company conducts a driving school a couple of times a year to train dock workers and yard men who are interested in becoming drivers. Sam O'ham is the lead trainer and works for the safety dept. If you can get on as a dock worker you may want to contact him and discuss this option with him. Just an Idea

dutchman, the company conducts a driving school a couple of times a year to train dock workers and yard men who are interested in becoming drivers. Sam O'ham is the lead trainer and works for the safety dept. If you can get on as a dock worker you may want to contact him and discuss this option with him. Just an Idea

thanks Imtrucker sounds like a goood idea i would love to do that! how would i go about contacting him?