TForce | New Dollies

webidiot said:
send us your address we will send you your junk air ride dolly and all that other junk overnite equipment back to you.

Boy are you a funny man. I've seen first hand your Motor Cargo junk. You got no room to brag about anything.

UPSF_GLAD TO BE NON-UNION said:
There are times when the pups are so close together that you have to drag it far enough to get to the handle....but what bothers me the most is when you see someone dragging one,that didn't even bother hooking the air line...(which could be reached)..then you have flat spots on the tires.

At that point you need to get a goat or have someone pull the trailer beside it out so you can hook up. Anyone caught dragging a trailer out should be wrote up.

I hate the extra time involved two. But you are not bending or tearing up landing legs.

From the look of some of the motor cargo junk i've seen you have no room to talk about our equipment. I had a pickup dolly the other day[0106] no counterweight. There is a reason U.P.S. buys 3 different kinds of tractors. If ford strikes {sterling} no parts availability, so with 3 makes you always have available parts , limits downtime .However I still prefer my Volvo.

UPGF4IBT said:
I used one of those new UPS dollies a few days ago with the springs mounted under the 5th and I have to say aside from being nice and shiny I was not at all impressed. They are quite heavy to lift and maneuver and seem more jumpy going down the road. Of course, I lost my nice air-ride dolly courtesy of Motor Cargo a week ago, so anything may seem bad compared to that...any thoughts on these new dollies?

You think there jumpy with doubles, try using them with triples!

But I like the silver eagles because there easy to back behind your front box,(you can actually see them back there.)

webidiot said:
those dollies won't be new for long they will look like the junk dollies that overnite already has.
they sure didn't invest any money back into the business. I guess leo got it all.
Webidiot you don't have much room to talk. Most of the MC dollys I've seen are garbage. You having a contract should stop criticizing and start informing fellow employees. It would benefit everyone a whole lot better than just negativity.

Boats said:
Webidiot you don't have much room to talk. Most of the MC dollys I've seen are garbage. You having a contract should stop criticizing and start informing fellow employees. It would benefit everyone a whole lot better than just negativity.[/QUOTE

I agree with half your statement there Boats.

I've used MC dollies and Trlrs for years and have not had too many problems with them.

As I am sure is the same in your case, I like the Great Dane dollies that ovnt side has, I don't like the landing gear crank wheel,jmo.

I have a unique view, I've been on both sides. One side has it better some ways and worse in others.

I will really be glad when we can't tell the difference between the two.

I do have to say that I've heard a lot of rumors about OVNT and there employees from other drivers and my own (MC). Most of it was negitave, as I'm sure it was the other way around on your side, And I say from personal experience those rumors couldn't be further from the truth. Beside some of the window employees, I've been treated pretty good. Thanks to all.

BusterNite said:
I have seen a lot of new equipment come through. Already damaged, We never know how they got damaged. The phantom did it. But what bothers me the most is new trailers with the landing gear already bent. I hate it when you break out into a sweat trying to raise the landing gear. All because employees are to lazy to make the extra effort of raising the landing gear up enough while doing yard moves or putting your kite to the dock. How many times have you seen employee's running around the yard with the landing gear touching the ground. I normally say something to the driver, But it gets old.
Had a brand new trailer, brought it in from SLC was at our yard for a week or so. Needed an empty to pull back to SLC and the door was trashed. Bowed out 6 inches or so......

Also O had crappy equipment and MC had crappy equipment. And chances are UPS has crappy equipment so knock off the childish finger pointing....WE ALL GET TO USE CRAPPY EQUIPMENT!!!!!

greezy trucker said:
Had a brand new trailer, brought it in from SLC was at our yard for a week or so. Needed an empty to pull back to SLC and the door was trashed. Bowed out 6 inches or so......

Also O had crappy equipment and MC had crappy equipment. And chances are UPS has crappy equipment so knock off the childish finger pointing....WE ALL GET TO USE CRAPPY EQUIPMENT!!!!!

I was in DAL two weeks ago and there was a brand new UPS Freight van in the yard...someone must have tried to deliver a low bridge....couldn't have been an old trailer..:poster_oops: :paperbag1:

UPSF_GLAD TO BE NON-UNION said:
I was in DAL two weeks ago and there was a brand new UPS Freight van in the yard...someone must have tried to deliver a low bridge....couldn't have been an old trailer..:poster_oops: :paperbag1:

Well, That happens when you hire inexperienced people.

Johnny Big Rig said:
There is a reason U.P.S. buys 3 different kinds of tractors. If ford strikes {sterling} no parts availability, so with 3 makes you always have available parts , limits downtime .However I still prefer my Volvo.
Well, I guess thats possible. But UPS use to have all Macks(cab over), then swithched to International's, then back to Macks. Now a variety at UPS. Sleeper teams drive Frieghtliners. Maby it was more of a demand issue. They sure started taking a lot off the trains and needed equipment faster that one maker could produce. There is some bldg's still using rentals.

bad habit said:
the new dollies have two problems...the tranverse leaf adds a small delay when turning corners with weight...you turn a curve and the rear, especially if it's heavy, doesn't follow in the same motion...it's only noticeable in some situations, but it will get your attention.....the other is tthe hight of the 5th wheel plate ramps....if you have a low drop to get under, you might as well strart cranking because every once in a while the spring will bow to the front instead of squatting and going under...result is a 5th wheel and springs removed the hard way...we have one in my yard that is junked outbecause of this
We at FXFE have some of the same dollies. I was backing under the rear pup and the spring instead of goin under jumped straight up in the air and stuck in the front of the rear pup. There were grease stripes going up the front of the trailer and the dolly was off of the ground hanging there. Our shop said it is a very bad design!

hugnlug said:
I guess not anymore. Our TM hired two out of truckumup school.
It is my opinion that with the driver shortage this company will mostly get new unexperianced drivers. Unless they change some of their policy's. There must be an incentive to pull an experianced driver from his job to come and work for this company. At this point inorder to do this the company must change its policy on how long it takes to get to top rate. 3 years is to long. An experianced driver will not want to leave his top rate paid job to start over and wait 3 years for top rate again. Its all about incentive and for an experianced astablished driver at another company, There is no incentive to leave their job and work here.

BusterNite said:
It is my opinion that with the driver shortage this company will mostly get new unexperianced drivers. Unless they change some of their policy's. There must be an incentive to pull an experianced driver from his job to come and work for this company. At this point inorder to do this the company must change its policy on how long it takes to get to top rate. 3 years is to long. An experianced driver will not want to leave his top rate paid job to start over and wait 3 years for top rate again. Its all about incentive and for an experianced astablished driver at another company, There is no incentive to leave their job and work here.

We are going to have to do something . But most get a taste of the life and away they go, never to be found again.