TForce | New DOT regulation forces you to give up your medical records

Teamsta II

The end
Credits
As of 4-20-16, you can be denied a medical card if you don't sign a waiver giving all your private medical information to the DOT doctor and your company. Of course, you can't be forced to sign away your rights, but since your license is a privilege(not a right), the company can deny your right to operate their vehicles. Just another of the many ways that commercial drivers are treated as quasi-citizens in this country.

And these people who run and own these company's complain of a driver shortage????

Most drivers get no overtime, low pay, long hours, crappy working conditions, have to pay fees every 5 years for background checks that are only needed once, are subject to constant surveillance by every local law enforcement unit( most of which is nothing more than easy money for the local government), spend much time away from home, are treated like crap by most of their employers(the highest turnover rates in all professions), and have one of the lowest average life spans of any career in this country(the average age of death of a trucker??? 60 years old. etc, etc, etc.

American trucking company's, please stop complaining about a driver shortage, your treatment and abusive conduct is the reason.

I don't think its really being enforced because I know several drivers who have gotten 2 year cards in the past month that wouldn't have them if their medical records had been pulled.

Hippa law. Rules. You cannot be forced to sign over your medical records for any reason. Private information between you and your Dr. Stand up for your rights on this and get a lawyer. They cannot do what they are asking you to do.
Lawsuits will follow.
P. S.
They tried to do this to me and I told em to stick it up their wha Hoo. Not a thing was done because I told em what they were asking for is illegal. Never heard another peep out of them. Because they knew they couldn't do it. Or ask for it.

Last edited:
Just saw this...so does dot doc have access to your prescription info if it's not listed on your dot physical form? I know of a few people who say just don't list meds on the form.

They went after us with blood pressure, then it was sleep apnea, now it's your prescriptions, mainly anti-depressants. Next it will be weight, the infamous "body mass index" which doesn't account for any variables. A world class money grab.... be safe.......... be smart...........

Here is an example of what we have been talking about. 2 lawsuits claiming obesity, hypertension and sleep apnea were the reason for the crash. This is the driving force behind the recent push to tighten up medical and health requirements. These lawsuits could run into the millions.
Now I am in no way trying to defend a driver who killed 2 men and injured 5 others due to his actions in a construction zone, my heart goes out to anyone who is senselessly killed just trying to feed their family. But not knowing the details I hold it as an example of what direction this business is headed.

https://www.wmbfnews.com/2020/01/20...dot-workers-us-not-medically-qualified-drive/

I don't think its really being enforced because I know several drivers who have gotten 2 year cards in the past month that wouldn't have them if their medical records had been pulled.
I wonder what would happen if involved in an accident and a lawsuit, the court asks for those records? What I mean is, would the company be at fault because they should have known?

Hippa law. Rules. You cannot be forced to sign over your medical records for any reason. Private information between you and your Dr. Stand up for your rights on this and get a lawyer. They cannot do what they are asking you to do.
Lawsuits will follow.
P. S.
They tried to do this to me and I told em to stick it up their wha Hoo. Not a thing was done because I told em what they were asking for is illegal. Never heard another peep out of them. Because they knew they couldn't do it. Or ask for it.
Got to ask. Who does your physical? Their Doctor, or yours? I know some companies will NOT accept a DOT physical from you personal Doctor. They insist on the Doctor being theirs. I would imagine the Hippa law is different based on your Doctor being employed by them or you. von.

No.
Privacy laws are the same everywhere.
Unless you unknowingly sign them away. These are your rights to keep private. They tried to get mine released by having me sign a peice of paper. Release. I refused and told them it's against the law to poke around my medical records. They dropped it immediately and left me alone. Private Dr. Now when you go have a physical with a company quack and you sign papers without reading them. That is the person's fault. Because they may be releasing every thing you say and is done when you are there. There are restrictions.
And there are Dr. - patient privacy laws they cannot break. (the company can't). The company wants their nose up your ass on anything they can.
I'm gone now.
And in the end when you do go..... not a damn thing done there makes any difference in your life. It's the past.
But as long as you are there keep your ::shit:: private. It's nobodies business but your own.
The only thing they can release is what pertains to driving.
I wasn't a driver. Dock only. And they were still nosey.
Di"kheads

Last edited:
I don't remember signing anything about a release, however the company I retired from would only let us use their choice for a DOT physical. It was usually a big company like Concentra or Centura.