New DOT regulation forces you to give up your medical records

Discussion in 'UPS Freight' started by Teamsta II, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Teamsta II

Teamsta II dribble is dribble

As of 4-20-16, you can be denied a medical card if you don't sign a waiver giving all your private medical information to the DOT doctor and your company. Of course, you can't be forced to sign away your rights, but since your license is a privilege(not a right), the company can deny your right to operate their vehicles. Just another of the many ways that commercial drivers are treated as quasi-citizens in this country.

And these people who run and own these company's complain of a driver shortage????

Most drivers get no overtime, low pay, long hours, crappy working conditions, have to pay fees every 5 years for background checks that are only needed once, are subject to constant surveillance by every local law enforcement unit( most of which is nothing more than easy money for the local government), spend much time away from home, are treated like crap by most of their employers(the highest turnover rates in all professions), and have one of the lowest average life spans of any career in this country(the average age of death of a trucker??? 60 years old. etc, etc, etc.

American trucking company's, please stop complaining about a driver shortage, your treatment and abusive conduct is the reason.

2. alj96z

alj96z NorthSouthCarolina

I don't think its really being enforced because I know several drivers who have gotten 2 year cards in the past month that wouldn't have them if their medical records had been pulled.

3. Teamsta II

We shall see. Haven't had anyone take the dot physical under this new rule. Just came out from company.

4. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

The people writing and enforcing these laws need to be equally subjected them.

5. Teamsta II

That's never going to happen. Members of congress are exempt from insider trading laws. They write the rules.

6. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

I agree with both.

7. mysticobra

mysticobra Just here.

Hippa law. Rules. You cannot be forced to sign over your medical records for any reason. Private information between you and your Dr. Stand up for your rights on this and get a lawyer. They cannot do what they are asking you to do.
    Lawsuits will follow.
    P. S.
    They tried to do this to me and I told em to stick it up their wha Hoo. Not a thing was done because I told em what they were asking for is illegal. Never heard another peep out of them. Because they knew they couldn't do it. Or ask for it.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2016