XPO | New Driver Pay Package

VP, the deal with Re-Branding is what we were told, they want to use a outside contractor to come in to each terminal and re-Brand everything ASAP, top priority

Yeah WK, you're right on the re-brand that it's still a top priority...but the price has got to be right is what we were told.

did they also anything about the changes for vacation, heard that the senior guys will not be happy, thats all he said
well if that becomes a fact i can tell you there will not be anymore conv.days coming from me ala 2nite letting a guy get atleast one night!

There is no telling what it will be because "A new driver pay package will be announced in 2 weeks" the word pay package could mean a lot of things, they used to only give raises to the top scale guys, how would I know that if I haven't worked here as some guy suggested in another post, I was just a mouthpiece for XPO
well dont forget your also known to be in company of hitmen&hookers

Draggin Wagons LOL, I got the same response from drivers at my own Terminal....Then the FOM went into TM'S office and come back out and said its true
Okay, so I'm just throwing this out here as a "what if". I don't think anyone knows yet the particulars of how the new "driver pay package" is going to shake out besides Jacobs and his most trusted lieutenants. That being said, what if he plans on paying us differently as far as bonuses go, and our hourly pay and our mileage pay, based on the success of our service center. Maybe that would encourage individuals to perform better, thus improving their service centers scorecard so that ultimately, they earn more money? That to me, makes more sense than tracking every person's individual performance on a daily basis at all levels. I'm just an educated hillbilly, In my opinion is humble and sometimes useless, but I thought I would throw this out here anyway. I think most of us are pretty much in the dark, and just wondering what the hell is coming.

LOL, that is good, it doesn't hurt to have friends in low places:emoticon digging:
OK, Who Alaways
Okay, so I'm just throwing this out here as a "what if". I don't think anyone knows yet the particulars of how the new "driver pay package" is going to shake out besides Jacobs and his most trusted lieutenants. That being said, what if he plans on paying us differently as far as bonuses go, and our hourly pay and our mileage pay, based on the success of our service center. Maybe that would encourage individuals to perform better, thus improving their service centers scorecard so that ultimately, they earn more money? That to me, makes more sense than tracking every person's individual performance on a daily basis at all levels. I'm just an educated hillbilly, In my opinion is humble and sometimes useless, but I thought I would throw this out here anyway. I think most of us are pretty much in the dark, and just wondering what the hell is coming.
I think your on to something, because this stuff was discussed in the St. Louis meeting, TM Was asked by a driver about mileage pay for drivers who just do a meet and turn, how would they get a bonus, he said that was what they were trying to figure out, if you do it just by individual driver, it would be very hard. Makes sense

What about the terminals that really have no control over how good they do, like end of line terminals and no re-ships or just don't have much outbound freight but have inbound freight, just saying I like your theory and it makes sense but could see some terminals as "victims beyond there control" just saying it's all speculation

What about the terminals that really have no control over how good they do, like end of line terminals and no re-ships or just don't have much outbound freight but have inbound freight, just saying I like your theory and it makes sense but could see some terminals as "victims beyond there control" just saying it's all speculation
Yeah, good point. I'll just give one scenario for how using something like motor moves would be a bad idea for judging one's performance. Say you're on an fac, breaking a trlr, and a skid goes down on you or is already down in the trlr. There's ::shit:: everywhere, maybe nuts and bolts or little bars of soap, little bottles of shampoo from hotel register. Someone is going to drive by or walk by and say "Sorry neighbor, I would help, but I've got to keep up my motor moves so I can make my money". Just sayin, I think that would breed an "every man for himself " mentality. But maybe I'm wrong

Yeah, good point. I'll just give one scenario for how using something like motor moves would be a bad idea for judging one's performance. Say you're on an fac, breaking a trlr, and a skid goes down on you or is already down in the trlr. There's :::shit::: everywhere, maybe nuts and bolts or little bars of soap, little bottles of shampoo from hotel register. Someone is going to drive by or walk by and say "Sorry neighbor, I would help, but I've got to keep up my motor moves so I can make my money". Just sayin, I think that would breed an "every man for himself " mentality. But maybe I'm wrong
If they tie in performance pay and it is that big off difference, that would be a mistake. Just as you say, it needs to go back to something like ICP check on bonus or performance

dragging his feet and stalling, all the things he has done is cut the fat off the company and no reinvesting. smells like a flip to me.
I don't know if it's stalling per say, things are not moving as fast as they thought and hoped when they purchased Con-Way, the stock price of XPO dropped more than I believe they thought it would, that put a wrinkle in things and slowed their spending down IMO

a la last night i had the privilege on waiting for a set from xnw, driver was a late arrival,WHY ? on top of that he was 45 minutes late from arrival time! i still got back to my barn by 8:30 am. worked 13 1/2 hrs not a minute wasted on return trip needless to say first priority was the rest room.so if time parameters become a factor how can you dock my terminal for a late arrival?

Yes you are correct. Just asked our TM today and he said yes it will be announced. That's all he knows said he doesn't know any details. Then he says how do you guys know this stuff. Lol
I hope you told your tm, "because most barns had meetings talking about the conference calls last weekend"!!

New sliding mileage pay scale for linehaul. Less cpm the longer the miles, flat pay for anything under 100 miles.

P9gQNMM.jpg

This was posted in NBM today.
Read #17