XPO | New Driver Pay Package

Just to be exact, I messed up when I said New Driver Pay Package, The Exact Wording is "NEW PAY STRUCTURE FOR DRIVERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED IN 2 WEEKS, That was a week ago, so maybe next Monday or so, don't know if the wording is that big of difference, but as Person Of Interest pointed out correctly, it could make a difference. Tell you the truth I don't think they wanted this out there yet, that TM took it down.

There is no telling what it will be because "A new driver pay package will be announced in 2 weeks" the word pay package could mean a lot of things, they used to only give raises to the top scale guys, how would I know that if I haven't worked here as some guy suggested in another post, I was just a mouthpiece for XPO
See right there. a raise was ACROSS THE BOARD. 22 years I know a little about cse

If Jacobs would give us a decent raise it would show us that he supports us. We would have his back I Guarantee it. If he were to give us a decent raise I bet that production, motivation would go up and damages would go down. I want to work for a company that I am willing to give my all with no reservations. I bet most employees would love to work for a company that respects them and that will take care of them, its a 2 way street.. I would love for XPO to be the top LTL company World-wide. I would like us to work as a team as we once did before to achieve this goal.

Last edited:
If he were to give us a decent raise I bet that production, motivation would go up and damages would go down.

Yeah? How did that work out last year when we got that big raise?

I'll admit I'm getting older, so maybe it's just my memory going bad- but I don't remember us having a great year as far as claims go, and our production and motivation were so fantastic that the company sold us off like a hot potato.

I don't remember us having a great year as far as claims go, and our production and motivation were so fantastic that the company sold us off like a hot potato.
It sounds to me like management forcing employees to put 48 feet of freight into a 28 foot trailer pisses the employees off, because the employees know that the damages will be plentiful because of it. I'm not condoning the reckless damaging of freight, but packing and stacking won't help your claim numbers go down. And the more the employees get frustrated, the less they'll care about the damages.

Being sold off is just business, nothing more and nothing less.IMO

It sounds to me like management forcing employees to put 48 feet of freight into a 28 foot trailer pisses the employees off, because the employees know that the damages will be plentiful because of it. I'm not condoning the reckless damaging of freight, but packing and stacking won't help your claim numbers go down. And the more the employees get frustrated, the less they'll care about the damages.

I agree, N Flash, the damages on freight will NEVER go down, until they quit forcing you to get 84,000 lbs onto 4 pups with 430 cube. It happens every night on our outbound operation. Also, no matter how careful are caring you are to that freight there is ALMOST always somebody down the line that touches that freight that doesn't care or are in way to big of a hurry because of the massive amounts of pressure from fos's & tm's putting on you to get that freight back in time. Meanwhile, every single dock worker at the fac is pushing a broom while you still have freight on 7 different trailers all in the nose of course. And that optimizer, well I'll just stop there......

Meanwhile, every single dock worker at the fac is pushing a broom while you still have freight on 7 different trailers all in the nose of course. And that optimizer, well I'll just stop there......

This is a "newer" problem in my opinion. When there was just drivers on the dock it was more of a brother/sister type of culture. Now it's dock workers vs drivers. The dock workers well, I should say, most dock workers don't give a crap how much freight you have or to load it at all. They don't want to get the last breaker because then they won't be able to clean up. XPO really needs to squash the way these dock workers operate.

Interesting, because the Saf-T-Stak system they spent MILLIONS on was supposed to reduce damages significantly.

Interesting, because the Saf-T-Stak system they spent MILLIONS on was supposed to reduce damages significantly.

That system is worth every penny they paid for it. I remember what it was like to try and secure freight with sisal rope and a handful of D rings at just two different heights, those useless ratcheting load bars and how much fun load tables weren't.

It's incredible how many times you see freight not secured with straps hanging in the trailer, decks without boards, beams in the wrong configuration- if they use decks at all. The system isn't the problem.

Yeah? How did that work out last year when we got that big raise?

I'll admit I'm getting older, so maybe it's just my memory going bad- but I don't remember us having a great year as far as claims go, and our production and motivation were so fantastic that the company sold us off like a hot potato.
didn't you say back when you & i were going back and forth that you thought it WASN'T a meager raise as i stated that it was ? just thought i'd point that out for you.

That system is worth every penny they paid for it. I remember what it was like to try and secure freight with sisal rope and a handful of D rings at just two different heights, those useless ratcheting load bars and how much fun load tables weren't.

It's incredible how many times you see freight not secured with straps hanging in the trailer, decks without boards, beams in the wrong configuration- if they use decks at all. The system isn't the problem.

A big problem with the damages is that loose term "professional dock worker" most of the line haul drivers at my SC I have talk to load there own trailer at the FAC. I have seen the so called PDW load a 200lb skid on the floor and put a 1500lb skid on the rack.

Yeah, Dalesr...we got the same info at my barn this morning. And again, the 1st time that our SCM has said anything about what's going on w/ the transition. Our SCM told us that he had 2 conference calls last Friday and on this past Sunday concerning the release of this morning's info. What specifics did he talk about...several? 190 layoffs...mostly back office in Ana Abor and Portland, Oregon .He said that there will be six service center closings coming. One from each of the following states: Mn, Wi, Az, Ca, Tn, and Md. He also mentioned that the re-branding was still a top priority, and the hold up is that Mr. Jacobs has had three bids by vendors but they are all too much. Also the re-branding is behind cause he's looking for a global contractor who will re-brand not only Con-way's equipment, but ND's stuff in Europe. Their equipment will be stripped of the red and painted white. No info on PTO's, heath insurance, or xpo stock in 401k's.

All in all... it was a very informative A.M. briefing. And our safety guy told me after the briefing that going forward that there would be many more meetings like this one and that they would be coming more frequently and that things are really going to start happening quickly. Let's hope so huh?

Man you get meeting some of us never saw the video or even got the stuff when the sale of the company was done