XPO | New Driver Pay Package

That is correct. My opinion is that we received a large raise last year. "Large" is the opposite of "meager", and synonymous with
"big".

I'm not sure why, but thanks.
it's like voting for a president,i cant vote for someone who wants to be on both sides of an issue

That is correct. My opinion is that we received a large raise last year. "Large" is the opposite of "meager", and synonymous with
"big".
i guess it depends what side of the state line you stand on i guess,as to what is meager vs large vs small vs moderate

That system is worth every penny they paid for it. I remember what it was like to try and secure freight with sisal rope and a handful of D rings at just two different heights, those useless ratcheting load bars and how much fun load tables weren't.

It's incredible how many times you see freight not secured with straps hanging in the trailer, decks without boards, beams in the wrong configuration- if they use decks at all. The system isn't the problem.
Well, that was kinda my 'unmentioned' point, Gene.

This is a "newer" problem in my opinion. When there was just drivers on the dock it was more of a brother/sister type of culture. Now it's dock workers vs drivers. The dock workers well, I should say, most dock workers don't give a crap how much freight you have or to load it at all. They don't want to get the last breaker because then they won't be able to clean up. XPO really needs to squash the way these dock workers operate.
we have two, one does a good job the other,well,not so good. same can be said about drivers as well it's an individual thing not a driver/dock worker thing

followed by an insurance increase on your check, equivalent to your raise, then XPO got their money back and can push the blame onto the insurance company. win-win for XPO.

XPO PTO is simple: 3 weeks a year, use it or lose it.

If you have hours Dec 31, kiss them goodbye because Jan 1 you start with zero and build weekly from there. You can "borrow" up to a week against future accrue. Of course if you leave you have to pay it back from your final check.

No one gets more than 3 weeks. No one can bank PTO. They hate banked PTO because it shows up as a liability on the books.

Things may change. This policy was before they bought Conway. But that's what all the XPO guys have today.

From what I've heard and read, Jacobs has advertised that he'll be "showing more love" to the drivers. And making those types of cuts goes against what he's said. And from what I gather, XPO has their pay and benefits structure, and the former Conway crew has theirs. So he might bring the long time XPO employee's package UP, but I doubt highly that he will bring the former Conway crew DOWN to match the lesser package of XPO's.
It's a driver's market out there nowadays, and he doesn't seem to be stupid enough to make cuts and lose his existing bread and butter money makers........the drivers.

Just my opinion.

I know many people complain about the safe-stack trailers but I actually like them, and really think they are a great idea and useful. You can really cube out a trailer using them correctly without damages.

The real problems occur when you have loaded a trailer nicely without any wasted space and then down the dock comes a 600 lb 2" steel beem thats 14' long and cubed at 1 cube. It's to heavy and too awkward to put anywhere but on the floor in either the left side or the right side of the trailer and then the skids have to be crushed together or turned front/back rather than sideways and then you lose two skid spots in the rear and the FOS thinks you should be able to get it all on your last trailer when you and your other drivers are going home on 4 empties but they don't want to be charged but would rather you smash some freight together to save a penny. You're bring that empty back anyways why cram it in that one trailer and damage other freight. Blows my mind.

Central/Con-way should have manufactured 102" wide trailers instead of 96" inch wide trailers. When you load freight sideways to get those extra two skid spots they are crammed together and the rear-end of the trailers have those damn metal flange endings that stick out so if you have freight crammed in and then the two spots in the rear you have to raise the freight and sit it down once inside or turn it sideways and cock-eye it in there.

I honestly think just by having 102" wide trailers we'd have less damage. Some freight we get you can tell is actually geared towards that and then we have to fit it in our 96" inside pups.

Honestly, I think Con-way was not built for the freight volume that they have or want to have.

A lot of these smaller terminals have tons of time to do the things that LEAN is suppose to bring and to do the nice 5 S'ing every shift, etc.. However things change when you go from a 10 to 20 to 50 door terminals to 100+ door terminals with not just one or two dockworkers but fifteen dockworkers with 5 temps mixed in without very much experience in LTL, driving a forklift or even loading/unloading a semi-trailer.

Last edited:
XPO PTO is simple: 3 weeks a year, use it or lose it.

If you have hours Dec 31, kiss them goodbye because Jan 1 you start with zero and build weekly from there. You can "borrow" up to a week against future accrue. Of course if you leave you have to pay it back from your final check.

No one gets more than 3 weeks. No one can bank PTO. They hate banked PTO because it shows up as a liability on the books.

Things may change. This policy was before they bought Conway. But that's what all the XPO guys have today.
From what I've heard and read, Jacobs has advertised that he'll be "showing more love" to the drivers. And making those types of cuts goes against what he's said. And from what I gather, XPO has their pay and benefits structure, and the former Conway crew has theirs. So he might bring the long time XPO employee's package UP, but I doubt highly that he will bring the former Conway crew DOWN to match the lesser package of XPO's.
It's a driver's market out there nowadays, and he doesn't seem to be stupid enough to make cuts and lose his existing bread and butter money makers........the drivers.

Just my opinion.

I don't see XPO keeping Con-way's vacation system; I'd actually prefer if they don't really. I know there's a few old timers on here that don't want to move forward and are so used to having what they've had and feel entitled to what they've 'earned'.

I wouldn't mind a system that gives a driver 1 week off their first year and increases as they gain seniority(and pay raises) to a maximum of 4 weeks. I'm curious how the pay package is going to workout though as remember just last year they told everyone they'd be at maximum pay by their third year.

I don't really think its a drivers market right now with this economy. You may jump ship somewhere else but at what cost or benefit? Freight is down everywhere from what I gather.

I don't really think its a drivers market right now with this economy.
The economy has slowed, but some of that is just the typical slow down from winter.

You may jump ship somewhere else but at what cost or benefit? Freight is down everywhere from what I gather.
LTL hiring has slowed because of winter, but there are still lots of over the road jobs available. In the larger cities, there are still some LTL job openings also. Things will naturally pick back up again within a month or so.

I don't see XPO keeping Con-way's vacation system; I'd actually prefer if they don't really. I know there's a few old timers on here that don't want to move forward and are so used to having what they've had and feel entitled to what they've 'earned'.

I wouldn't mind a system that gives a driver 1 week off their first year and increases as they gain seniority(and pay raises) to a maximum of 4 weeks. I'm curious how the pay package is going to workout though as remember just last year they told everyone they'd be at maximum pay by their third year.

I don't really think its a drivers market right now with this economy. You may jump ship somewhere else but at what cost or benefit? Freight is down everywhere from what I gather.
u sound really stupid....

conwaydsr is a retart....

u sound really stupid....

Thanks. I bet you're a senior driver who comes in everyday and bitches about this and that to your wife making her miserable with your complaining but you keep showing up everyday knowing full well that the same ::shit:: you complained yesterday about will be happening again today and again tomorrow.

I would never prefer to get less pto time or anything else for that matter...

Thanks. I bet you're a senior driver who comes in everyday and bitches about this and that to your wife making her miserable with your complaining but you keep showing up everyday knowing full well that the same :::shit::: you complained yesterday about will be happening again today and again tomorrow.

With those being his first two posts, it's an obvious troll.

With those being his first two posts, it's an obvious troll.
It kind of reminds you of the union drive a few years back were all of these new screen names popped up , made a ton of posts , then POOF! , disappeared.

This time though , it's not as clear what the goal or point is.