TForce | new driver

dockboy

TB Lurker
Credits
hey i was just wondering on how a new driver starts with ups and the pay scale and how it works as far as a casual driver and getting a bid :watsup:

UPS or UPSF?

Way down south in the land of cotten, at UPS, they usually hire from within. In the contract they must hire 6 from within before they can hire 1 off the road. And that's pkg car. It's very rare that a feeder driver gets hired off the street, here. But if you did, you would start out at 70% of top pay(TP is $27.29) and go thru a 2 and a half year progression

krash said:
UPS or UPSF?

Way down south in the land of cotten, at UPS, they usually hire from within. In the contract they must hire 6 from within before they can hire 1 off the road. And that's pkg car. It's very rare that a feeder driver gets hired off the street, here. But if you did, you would start out at 70% of top pay(TP is $27.29) and go thru a 2 and a half year progression

Krash correction, If you are hired off the street you start out at 70% of top pay IN 2002 which calculates to $14.70

Article 41 Section 2.

Thank you Mr Hoffa

Teamster251 said:
Krash correction, If you are hired off the street you start out at 70% of top pay IN 2002 which calculates to $14.70

Article 41 Section 2.

Thank you Mr Hoffa

At UPSF here in the East we just had two guys start. They started at $19.09 per hour and are at top pay in a year at $21.00.

What can Hoffa do for you?

gater said:
At UPSF here in the East we just had two guys start. They started at $19.09 per hour and are at top pay in a year at $21.00.

thats crap.. I started with "O" in September of last year and started out at 17+. and am only up to 17.94 an hour right now and top out in three years... just be honest in here and don't elaborate on crap your making up.. sorry if this sounds harsh since we both work for upgf, but that is an out an out lie and you know it...and yes I am on the eastcoast also.....

gater said:

Did they change top pay scale period for new hires? It used to be 3 years before you got top rate.

southerngrits said:
thats crap.. I started with "O" in September of last year and started out at 17+. and am only up to 17.94 an hour right now and top out in three years... just be honest in here and don't elaborate on crap your making up.. sorry if this sounds harsh since we both work for upgf, but that is an out an out lie and you know it...and yes I am on the eastcoast also.....

Before 12/1/05 start pay is $19.08 p/hr

After 12/1/05 start pay is $17.57 p/hr.

steve5 said:
Before 12/1/05 start pay is $19.08 p/hr

After 12/1/05 start pay is $17.57 p/hr.
Thats what I thought, But have always disagreed with this and now with a driver shortage it should be changed to top rate at one year.

How in the hell are you so called union people going to agree on a contract when you can't even agree what start up pay is?

Energizer said:
How in the hell are you so called union people going to agree on a contract when you can't even agree what start up pay is?

I don't believe either of us is Union, but thanks for the compliment anyways.

steve5 said:
I don't believe either of us is Union, but thanks for the compliment anyways.
no I am not pro union. I just get a kick out of people disagree speically something as simple as start up pay!

southerngrits said:
Southerngrits you are partially wrong. I've seen guys hit top rate in 18 mos. A while back I also seen a guy start at top pay. It depends on how bad that terminal needs that man power. BTW I'm on the east coast and have been here a lot longer than one yr. So gater could be right.

Energizer said:
no I am not pro union. I just get a kick out of people disagree speically something as simple as start up pay!

I was talking about BN and myself, it dosen't take a genius to figure out which side your on.

southerngrits said:

Southerngrits, is it possible that different areas have different starting rates? I've heard of that before.

I see no reason for Gater to lie about this

P.S. welcome to the boards

Hey Energizer, why are you against the organizing, and I don't expect an answer.

I would like to know what would make someone so against getting paid for thier actual time instead of a cut rate after giving up an hour. And having management actually going by the rules they make us go by with no questions asked.