ABF | New England "Meet and Turn" Suspended

dockmen027

TB Lurker
Credits
Returned from my first dispatch today to find a new bid list posted for the third consecutive week. Without looking at it I asked the dispatcher what is going on now? I was told that the "meet and turn" to 321 Newburgh was cancelled. I wondered if it was just us (027), because we're always short of manpower and cancel out most of the time or did it happen in 043 New Haven also. It seems that there are $90,000 worth of grievances paid out in Carlisle and that is just the begining, so they suspended the whole thing. I'm told that there are six terminals that meet roadmen in New Haven that are effected, Enfield, Plainfield, Worchester, Salisbury, Brockton, and Providence.

Wow, I'm surprized to hear that. If the grievances had been won for filling the ndxp runs with core freight other than new business I think that would have made more sense. I thought the meet & turns were agreed upon before hand.
Retired to Florida in July, but I still like to keep up with what's going on.
Good luck to all my brother Teamsters in '08. Hang on to your pensions. Believe me, it's a wonderful thing.

How's retired life treating you. Your're not missing much up here. I think the greivances had something to do with loss of wages from one year to the next because of PSE. So much for it be the best thing since sliced bread.

How Did They Catch Um.....i Would Be Interested.....maybe You Know Maybe You Dont.....if You Do....dont Post It Here.

Please Pm Me, So I Can Use It And Pass It Along:1036316054: