SAIA | New England

Why would anyone want to leave a reputable freight company to come work for this camera (⊙▃⊙) organization ? They’ll reap what they sow. Guess they didn’t realize that guys north of the Mason-Dixon don’t put up with as much nonsense as the good ol boys down south.

Why would anyone want to leave a reputable freight company to come work for this camera (⊙▃⊙) organization ? They’ll reap what they sow. Guess they didn’t realize that guys north of the Mason-Dixon don’t put up with as much nonsense as the good ol boys down south.

DAMN LOL

One opinion that I have about Saia (and there are several) is that there is a ton of CYA and false reporting that goes on. I saw it a lot, especially on the dock. And if you questioned anything at all, you were shunned. Really sad, and not a company that believes in honesty and integrity. The numbers look good, but I think a lot of that is based on false or faulty information.

Oh, really. As much as I bitch about the camera situation, don't confuse that with a lack of pride in what Saia has accomplished, in the last 20 years, versus your "reputable" freight companies. Those good 'ol boys, from Atlanta, are marching North and they are sowing and reaping a lot. Their coming for your freight, and there's nothing that you and the guys, from North of the Mason Dixson line can do about it. Ya'll be safe.

Oh, really. As much as I bitch about the camera situation, don't confuse that with a lack of pride in what Saia has accomplished, in the last 20 years, versus your "reputable" freight companies. Those good 'ol boys, from Atlanta, are marching North and they are sowing and reaping a lot. Their coming for your freight, and there's nothing that you and the guys, from North of the Mason Dixson line can do about it. Ya'll be safe.
Most guys don’t realize how big SAIA is in the South. The D-FW and Houston market is the driving force in the LTL marketplace. The bill counts are off the charts. SAIA built this company in the South and now they are moving North. Everybody knows the name of SAIA in the South and it won’t be long before the North will know the name. You don’t stay around for almost 100 years unless you’re doing something right. Yes, I bitch like hell about the cameras at times but it won’t be long before everyone has them. I predict in 3-5 years they will be the norm. There is just to much upside for them from a liability standpoint. Besides once you get use to them they are no big deal. The perception of them is far worse than the reality.

Last edited:
It might just be me but it seems the camera thing has relaxed a bit lately I’ve even herd rumors of them letting us have our Bluetooth back but I won’t believe it until I see it

Well I can respect Saia for all its hard work and building their company. And yes drivecam will be in most trucks but when you use the cameras to attack or control drivers that’s when you have major problems and drivers quit or don’t want to work for you and that’s especially goes for the northeast. FedEx and Estes have the same type of cameras in their trucks. They only look at the road and down the side of the truck and trailer. And they record the whole event from 40 seconds back to 40 seconds ahead. But when your expanding in new markets and drivers hear from other drivers that work for the company and all they are doing is putting the company down your expansion will slow down in tight markets like the northeast. LTL isn’t like TL companies we don’t have orientation classes every week with 10-20 drivers.

This isn’t an attack on Saia

On the bright side, I predict that there will be no more linehaul in LTL within 10 years. Companies will go to autonomous trucks and will just need a dock guy to go out and hook a set in the yard for the trucks. City is a different animal. But, as I was told more than once, "Linehaul is the biggest expense in the LTL business (Driver compensation, equipment, accident severity, etc.) and I think all of the big LTL companies are waiting until the technology is perfected.

On the bright side, I predict that there will be no more linehaul in LTL within 10 years. Companies will go to autonomous trucks and will just need a dock guy to go out and hook a set in the yard for the trucks. City is a different animal. But, as I was told more than once, "Linehaul is the biggest expense in the LTL business (Driver compensation, equipment, accident severity, etc.) and I think all of the big LTL companies are waiting until the technology is perfected.

LMFAO!!!! That technology is 50 years away from being perfect or even ready to be used anywhere in the world. It’s going to hit a pothole going through NYC and cause an accident

LMFAO!!!! That technology is 50 years away from being perfect or even ready to be used anywhere in the world. It’s going to hit a pothole going through NYC and cause an accident
Last time I checked, LTL linehaul doesn’t run through NYC. Maybe on the interstate, but those holes are generally fixed in a timely fashion. You can scoff all you want, but I still remember driving gas tractors. Then...Lo and behold...we got diesel. Technology will only continue to improve, especially with a driver shortage that is getting worse by the day.

Last time I checked, LTL linehaul doesn’t run through NYC. Maybe on the interstate, but those holes are generally fixed in a timely fashion. You can scoff all you want, but I still remember driving gas tractors. Then...Lo and behold...we got diesel. Technology will only continue to improve, especially with a driver shortage that is getting worse by the day.

I guess you haven’t been in through NYC, Connecticut or even Massachusetts in some time now but potholes doesn’t stay fixed for long in that area. But your right driver shortage is getting bad but the self driving trucks Technology is so far away from being used.

Technically it does run through NYC, all boro’s are part of NYC . If you want to Del freight to Long Island you have to go thru Bronx and Queens on the north side or Brooklyn and Queens from the south side. If they want to be in the Northeast they will have to go there .

Technically it does run through NYC, all boro’s are part of NYC . If you want to Del freight to Long Island you have to go thru Bronx and Queens on the north side or Brooklyn and Queens from the south side. If they want to be in the Northeast they will have to go there .

I realize that. My post was directed to the Linehaul side of the business, not P&D. I’m talking interstate, open road stuff. That technology is already being tested in CA and NV.

I realize that. My post was directed to the Linehaul side of the business, not P&D. I’m talking interstate, open road stuff. That technology is already being tested in CA and NV.

NYC has interstate roads too. They are testing it on highway that easy and straight but they won’t test it on I 80 from CA to IL cause they know it would fail. Because that technology would not work on snow covered roads or high wind locations. The company look great showing that it’s workibg on a easy straight forward road but won’t work on road that requires skills