ABF | New Equipment coming!

AkitaDog

TB Regular
Credits
My T.M. Was at the fort recently for a pow wow and he was told that we're purchasing 550 new road tractors and 300 or so newer used city tractors and a couple of thousand pups.He told us don't quote me on the numbers but it's pretty close to those.If you wondered were our 7% is going no you know!

This is great news. When they stop upgrading equipment they are not planning on staying in business. The used tractors they bought this year have worked out for the city. They have about half the miles of the city fleet & less than many road tractors. They are buying them for about $20K which is much less than new tractors. At first I questioned buying used tractors but it has worked well.

There Rollin out a good won for you pal right out of the ABF museum a 62 B model just for you super trucker,don't for get your kidney belt.

I don't care what I drive, just keep making those pension contributions.....p.s. Make mine a two stick with no air seat!

Please Please let them buy something other than Mack.

The Macks are no good? I think they look good pulling a set, but I've not driven a Mack. Are they worse than the sterlings? Drove a bunch of sterlings at Con-way, rode and drove like a tank. I have seen at least one new freightliner in the Atlanta area. Is this what they're going with?

My T.M. Was at the fort recently for a pow wow and he was told that we're purchasing 550 new road tractors and 300 or so newer used city tractors and a couple of thousand pups.He told us don't quote me on the numbers but it's pretty close to those.If you wondered were our 7% is going no you know!

Excuse me? You don't want the 7% being reinvested into the company?

Good lord.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
This was a good thread until stoney hi-jacks it. Why do u always look for a fight on here?????? And back to the thread, volvos i believe are the best truck to drive, but a mack has great pulling and alot of torque. I think i spelled it right. I drive a international on the road, with no air ride, it pulls good but im on the interstate trying to avoid every bump i see, i ride it like i got 24" rims with rubberband tires lol

This was a good thread until stoney hi-jacks it. Why do u always look for a fight on here?????? And back to the thread, volvos i believe are the best truck to drive, but a mack has great pulling and alot of torque. I think i spelled it right. I drive a international on the road, with no air ride, it pulls good but im on the interstate trying to avoid every bump i see, i ride it like i got 24" rims with rubberband tires lol

Never a good thread when it starts off smother Teamster crying.

My question is valid. Where do you want the 7% going because it sure as hell ain't coming back.

His time is limited , be patient ....

:Hey Stoney...when I want your opinion I'll ask for which probably never happen anyway! Of course I think it's it good their reinvesting in the company and I was being sarcastic about the 7% comment. But see you always have to come on here and open your big pie hole and add your ignorant comments which nobody wants to hear. So do us all a favor and go back in the hole you crawled out of! Oh and one more thing... :fingure:

:Hey Stoney...when I want your opinion I'll ask for which probably never happen anyway! Of course I think it's it good their reinvesting in the company and I was being sarcastic about the 7% comment. But see you always have to come on here and open your big pie hole and add your ignorant comments which nobody wants to hear. So do us all a favor and go back in the hole you crawled out of! Oh and one more thing...GO :fingure:YOURSELF!

If you don't want others opinions then don't post on the forum. LOL! !!

Sarcastic my arse, you were crying.

Macks will do, as long as they don't come with bedrooms attached. I don't like the way the air ride cabs shake violently when you get in behind another truck, and they have more low end torque than the Sterlings If you don't soft- pedal the throttle, they will put you in the ditch in a heart-beat on snow and ice. Now we are having issues with the low -oil pressure sensors shutting the trucks down, just when we need to get ready for winter driving conditions.