ABF | New Equipment coming!

Macks are good for the road. Sterlings are good for the city side for those tight places we city drivers get into sometimes. I"ve fought my way out of some tight spots with a mack when my sterling was down. If I had her, I would have been in and out. Just my 2 cents worth.

:kicking:

Macks will do, as long as they don't come with bedrooms attached. I don't like the way the air ride cabs shake violently when you get in behind another truck, and they have more low end torque than the Sterlings If you don't soft- pedal the throttle, they will put you in the ditch in a heart-beat on snow and ice. Now we are having issues with the low -oil pressure sensors shutting the trucks down, just when we need to get ready for winter driving conditions.
They do shake bad when you behind another truck, I had many problems with the regeneration unit in the one I drive.....

Macks are good for the road. Sterlings are good for the city side for those tight places we city drivers get into sometimes. I"ve fought my way out of some tight spots with a mack when my sterling was down. If I had her, I would have been in and out. Just my 2 cents worth.

:kicking:
That depends on which Mack you have. If you're in an '02 you need a lot of room to make that turn. I find that the Vision and Pinnacle are not so bad. For turning radius nothing comes close to the Volvo, they make backing a pup and a gear pretty easy too.

They do shake bad when you behind another truck, I had many problems with the regeneration unit in the one I drive.....
I get a kick out of the smoke they blow during the regeneration process, it's like an old coke plant at a steel mill.

That depends on which Mack you have. If you're in an '02 you need a lot of room to make that turn. I find that the Vision and Pinnacle are not so bad. For turning radius nothing comes close to the Volvo, they make backing a pup and a gear pretty easy too.
The Volvo was great, turn on a dime & pulled great....

I'm glad their investing back into us. Good news
That's odd, I thought you wanted the profits rolled back into your pocket with that shiny new OR and resulting raises we're going to have. :shrug:

That's odd, I thought you wanted the profits rolled back into your pocket with that shiny new OR and resulting raises we're going to have. :shrug:

Maintenance is a big deal. Look around. We need the equipment. The investment should give us all a sense of security. There holding up there end of the deal so far. .

This is what you previously stated, right?
Maintenance is a big deal. Look around. We need the equipment. The investment should give us all a sense of security. There holding up there end of the deal so far. .
But now you've had a change of heart? You don't have to answer my question but you look like a little kid when you dance around a topic.

This is what you previously stated, right?

But now you've had a change of heart? You don't have to answer my question but you look like a little kid when you dance around a topic.

Baby steps abfer.... We'll get that profit sharing check. Gonna Take a little time. Be patient. I know your eager to put me on blast

I get a kick out of the smoke they blow during the regeneration process, it's like an old coke plant at a steel mill.

The first time I experienced all that smoke blowing out from under the passenger side I thought the truck was on fire. I stopped on the shoulder of I-40, popped the hood, and stood with the fire extinguisher looking for the fire. I then took the set back to the shop at WNS-051 and had them switch out the tractor. No way was I driving a truck I thought was catching fire. For those of you who have never experienced a Mack regeneration, please be aware it smokes and the smell is bad.

We get a mack line-haul truck every once in a while when one of our sterlings breaks down. I hate em. Seems like I cant see out near as well. like I am hiding in some sort of kids fort. Takes the proverbial 40 acres to turn around and I cant even back up a pup with one much less a pup and a gear. Plus there is something about the steps that makes it harder to climb in it 100 times a day, I never get a rhythm or something. I am always tripping. They do ride well and if I only had to drive it forward and stay in it for hours they would be great.

Macks will do, as long as they don't come with bedrooms attached. I don't like the way the air ride cabs shake violently when you get in behind another truck, and they have more low end torque than the Sterlings If you don't soft- pedal the throttle, they will put you in the ditch in a heart-beat on snow and ice. Now we are having issues with the low -oil pressure sensors shutting the trucks down, just when we need to get ready for winter driving conditions.
When you drive pups you always feather the throttle on ice and snow no matter what the make of the tractor,like an old Carolina driver once told me when you drive a single axle in the winter" you no you have to be careful"!!