Estes | New equipment orders

Yep, nuth'n new bought here. Even the employees look to be road hard and put away wet. lol. It's still the best place to work though.

heard in meeting today we are buying 150 used sleepers for teams their trucks then passed down to extra board then those trucks passed to everyone else

heard in meeting today we are buying 150 used sleepers for teams their trucks then passed down to extra board then those trucks passed to everyone else

They are still hiring by the bucket full and I havent seen any new/used trucks to accomidate. I'm puzzled on this one. They know something I don't. I'm just glad to be here.

Not enough tractors! Took parts off of another truck in the shop to get me going as there were no loaners available .WTF? Who took all of the old trucks out of service?

That's good news littledawg. Maybe they will hire some Estes teams to replace some of the purchased transportation here at 028. Was wondering when you were going to rejoin us. Welcome back.

Was at 024 yesterday and from what I am hearing is the "new" trucks are supposed to go to extra board drivers. I am sure like most things it is wishful thinking. I have to say that after riding w/ Extra board driver last week we need those trucks almost 3k in 4 1/2 days, his truck as of this morning has 979k miles.

I'm all for getting a newer truck. Mine just went over a 1.1 million. Still runs like a champ, but I do believe it's time to upgrade.
Thanks Buzzbeez. I've been so busy enjoying all this hometime that I haven't been on for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
Both of our trucks must be going for a record littledawg. Mine has 1,115,000 too but startin to hammer + white smoke a little. Thinking injector problems coming up soon.

Both of our trucks must be going for a record littledawg. Mine has 1,115,000 too but startin to hammer + white smoke a little. Thinking injector problems coming up soon.

Had 1,250,000 on the stub nose I was driving, up until recently. Was put in a penske truck with 250,000, been in it for about a month now, and it is starting to develop a lot of smaller issues for now. What's the lesser of two evils, old spring ride that rides like crap, but very reliable mechanically wise, or a smooth ride, newer truck,that is having mechanical issues ???

31 of them to be exact. I think that they will go to extra board guys to free up some day cabs. That's my opinion. Who knows what Estes plan is.

That's the word i've been getting. Extraboarders with the big ol large units. They may do away with the motel thing.

Last edited by a moderator: