SAIA | New Equipment

Brother Trucker

TB Regular
Credits
Well,

Here we go again. More new equipment on the way. Have had new sleepers and single axles coming in since the first of the year. Yesterday, 4/26, six or seven new sets of pups showed up on the yard. Shop mechanic said that we were expecting 100 new pups. Don't know if they will all be distributed thru DLS, but this sure is interesting.

Talked to a shop supervisor Friday 4/28 and he said that there were 500 pups on the way. Hmmmm. As soon as the load locks and inspections are done they are being put into service. Hopefully some of the older equipment will be taken out of service.

Yeah we had a new double axle show up in Seattle and there are already people jumping to use it. The plastic isn't even off the seats yet.

Brother Trucker said:
A tandem without a sleeper berth attached? Somebody musta punched the wrong button on the order form.
How do you guys like the new trucks with the new toys I hear you can not turn them off is that true it could be annoying:bgroovy:

theb new toy is not really that bad you can turn down the volume and range its aCTUALLY KIND OF NEAT YOU CAN HAVE THE CRUISE SET AND IF YOU ARE CLOSING IN ON A CAR IN FRONT OF YOU it will adjust the speed to match the car when you go out to pass it will speed back up automatically. as for unhooking it you can but the kgb or fbi or ACO MAY COME AFTER YOU HA!HA!:holysheep: :chairshot: :Poke: :Bondage:

The vorad voodoo cannot be turned off by the driver. It is great for spotting those underpasses as you go under them and those concrete barriers on your right side. I guess one is supposed to always keep an eye on the little flashing light on the passenger corner post so you know when something is on that side:cool:

nervouswreck said:
Wow, can't wait till I get one. Maybe it will heip me from constantly bouncing off those pesky gaurdrails.:biglaugh:
If NOL doesn't get off their dead end and get some decals to put on these new trucks you may never see one. Our mechanic that does the final assembly(fairings and decals) has plenty of trucks, but no decals. He is putting the fairings and exhaust stacks on as well as putting the chain holders on. If they come in he will have almost a dozen trucks (single axles) and 5 or 6 sleepers to finish out.

Brother Trucker said:
A tandem without a sleeper berth attached? Somebody musta punched the wrong button on the order form.
They are the norm out her in the Portland Region especialy hauling tripples in Oregon Idaho and Utah.

Do you know if the power is turned up to pull those triples? It seems like pretty mountainous terrain out west, and the extra power would come in handy.

In the new '07s the hp is the same 435 it does not matter if it is a tandem or single axel. They will be used in line haul and then moved to P&D. The older tandems had a better gearing for pulling doubles and tipples. I was speaking with some of the line drivers and they just love the new '07 pulling over Snoqualmie Pass.

I believe it. I'll bet they might have considered letting you buy your decals. We still have sleepers sitting in DLS (three months almost) with partial or no decals. They finally got decals in last week for the single axles.

Finally the sleepers are decaled. Three are waiting on spare tire carriers and what ever licensing and inspections are to take place. Nineteen single axles due in at DLS. About half are already here.

March 2007

Well the new trucks are rolling into the Chicken Fried Kingdom. If the decals ever show up looks like some new trucks will be going out into the system. Rumor has it only 4 stay at DLS and all the rest go elsewhere. Maybe the upper midwest will be restocked with roadworthy equipment.

CA passed and new polution standards and all new tractors are heading there as it would cost us $40000 to retrofit all existing tractors

I'm sure all the worn out stuff will arrive at terminals that have regional shops. If it don't have close to 1 million miles it ain't broke in yet. :toxic:

I think we see a lot of the new tractors because we have a regional shop. It is really sad to see all the new equipment and know that it all goes out of town.