SAIA | New Equipment

Radios in new tractors

Had the new truck experience the last two runs. Nice to see the radios now have an auxilary input port now. Yew can plug in yer mp3 player, satellite radio input, and if I suppose you needed to yer cassette player. Nice. :1036316054:

Now about that 65 mph limit on the governor........:chairshot:

Some of the newest 08's have no muffler, now a catalytic convertor. Also apparently the VORAD is a thing of the past because of the change in the exhaust. And additionally, they carry 50 gallons less fuel because of the same change.

I drove one of the '08's last week. Hooked up my satellite radio and cranked er up. No sound? Got back to the shop and they found that Volvo had not put an antenna cable for the radio and not put in any speakers in the dash.

:biglaugh: Hey Volvo, were yer quality control people asleep or just on vacation that day?:biglaugh:

This weeks adventure took me to Markam, Il. The trailer was covered with new 48' trailers. Looks like some of the junkers may finally be retired. That is if they didn't come from the factory already screwed up.

This weeks adventure took me to the Markham Il. terminal. The yard was covered in new 48' trailers. Looks like some of the covered wagons may finally be replaced.

Also, I've noticed that finally some of the old broken down hostling mules are finally being replaced. It was scary being around them sometimes.

Talked to the trailer shop foreman and was told that the trailers were taken from the manufacturer too early. The adhesive that holds the roof on hasn't fully cured, so the roofs on the trailers aren't staying on. Go figure!:chairshot:

All you have to do is unplug them

Two of the biggest mistakes made by company in last several years was slipseating equitment, Saia doe's not have a maintenance program so you don't know what wrong with equitment and driver is not at ease in what he is driveing and other is going to single axles, pups what good are they to run 2 or 3 hundred miles and unload and run 2 or 3 hundren miles back other than more to tear up harder on driver hooks, something that takes room up on yard, vans work just as fine for the extra 3 ft you are not useing.

Assuming you mean the Vorad??? drove one a few weeks ago and bout scared the hell out of me----til I found the volume button

Assuming you mean the Vorad??? drove one a few weeks ago and bout scared the hell out of me----til I found the volume button

The volume control doesn't turn it down nearly low enough to suit me. BTW if the Vorad is disabled by the driver, the truck may have the cruise control disabled as the cruise is tied into the vorad.

i love my vorad,beep's at every bridge,sign,fire plug,telephone pole,mail box,traffic cone,stray dog, even old fat women.:eek: