FedEx Freight | New equipment

Pulaski Va. Is where the Volvo plant is.
Technically, Dublin, VA. But close enough. How did you know that, anyway?

yo4kRqO.jpg

Just got my new Peterbilt Award tractor, and the various electronic beepers are much more tolerable than anything else we have..
I did move a new (R20xxx) around the yard recently. It was much improved over previous versions. Perhaps they have toned down all of the newest units.:idunno:

Either way, I hope anyone attending any future Equipment Spec events will take note of the concerns mentioned, and share with the decision makers. That is how many of these changes come about. Not always on first mention, but eventually they come to understand valid issues. Notably, the catwalk suggestion was originally dismissed. Now they are part of the spec, and are actually being improved upon. Went from a raised platform (susceptible to damage) a flush deck.

Back on topic, the reduction in distracting audible alerts is a plus. Too many "false" alarms can lead one to ignore the alarm when it alerts to "real" danger. One added audible alert that is much appreciated is the alert prior to idle time shutdown. Useful in city operation where long traffic lights are an issue.

:smilie93c peelout:

Since you have been in the new Volvo do you think it beeps way to much! I'm glad I'm out of it

Since you have been in the new Volvo do you think it beeps way to much! I'm glad I'm out of it
Absolutely too much beep on following distance. My typical day doesn't currently involve a lot of interstate and/or need for passing, so I can tolerate it. It is an issue that should be addressed, and put on par with the Pete, absolutely. Other than that, I'm very pleased. Really.

New truck fun...

JqRUfae.jpg

New trucks are so smart, they "think" they "know" what's wrong... Bad sensor? :idunno:

CMZW1jE.jpg

The above alert puts truck in "safe mode", allowing you to creep off the road, at idle. :clapping:

Wow would you look at that. 1131 miles. I've never seen that in my tractor or anyone else's tractor at my center. Thanks for sharing Swamp! That's probably the only time I'll see that because I doubt any new tractors will be coming to my center ever.

Wow would you look at that. 1131 miles. I've never seen that in my tractor or anyone else's tractor at my center. Thanks for sharing Swamp! That's probably the only time I'll see that because I doubt any new tractors will be coming to my center ever.

I would rather drive an older truck and make the higher rate you all make at your center.

I would rather drive an older truck and make the higher rate you all make at your center.

Yes it might be worth it but with the super high taxes here, it definitely would be a lot closer in pay. There is a center across the river and another one across the city from us and they receive higher pay and get new equipment but for some strange reason we don't get it.