XPO | New exception rules

Totally agree, sucker666!! It would be arrogant of us to think that we, as members of this ‘current generation’ of LTL drivers, are the best ever...but perhaps the ‘best of the last’ because we’re not seeing any young people coming in behind us. Not many want to do this type of work anymore. That’s sad, because just about everything we buy comes to us in some way...on a truck!

The physical toll this job has taken on me has woke me up BIG TIME on just how precious life really is! And I won’t even touch on the mental aspects of this line of work. I’m at the ‘re-evaluation stage’ at this point in life, and am anticipating a career change very soon. Peace to you, brother!
I'm with you guy's with this line of thinking, I have been evaluating my options for about a year now. I am constantly searching for job opportunities outside this industry. Even though I did manage to get away from Con-Job, I am still in LTL and all of the health concerns and mental anguish issues that are prevelant in this profession. Stressing over the snow , odd work schedules etc.

I'm with you guy's with this line of thinking, I have been evaluating my options for about a year now. I am constantly searching for job opportunities outside this industry. Even though I did manage to get away from Con-Job, I am still in LTL and all of the health concerns and mental anguish issues that are prevelant in this profession. Stressing over the snow , odd work schedules etc.
I am convinced the bad schedules and harsh work environments are because of one thing:

Lack of women in the LTL workforce. Jobs that have lots of women usually have set schedules and better working environments. Teachers ( off in the summer ) Bank tellers ( closed at night ) Nurses ( flexible schedules that are very friendly to them )

If there was an infusion of women , a LOT of women into LTL , something would have to change. Until then you won't see too many women , no matter how much the pay is.

I am convinced the bad schedules and harsh work environments are because of one thing:

Lack of women in the LTL workforce. Jobs that have lots of women usually have set schedules and better working environments. Teachers ( off in the summer ) Bank tellers ( closed at night ) Nurses ( flexible schedules that are very friendly to them )

If there was an infusion of women , a LOT of women into LTL , something would have to change. Until then you won't see too many women , no matter how much the pay is.
It's not just a Gender issue, as said many times on here, no young people are getting in this profession and I don't blame them one bit. I discouraged my own son from entering this field. I was successful in that he went on to school and got a technical
degree and now has a job that pays decent money and he seems to enjoy it. He seen the stress and difficulty that I incurred during my Con-job days and decided that that was not for him.