Averitt | New facial hair policy !

Iceman

Company Man
Credits
As of June 2, we are updating our image policy to allow facial hair consisting of evenly cut, well-groomed full beards, goatees and mustaches that are closely shaped to the face – no more than 1/2 inch/18 mm beard trimmer attachment length are acceptable. Beards and goatees are only permitted for hourly and mileage associates in the field. This includes driving, dock and maintenance associates.

I want to make it clear that we are in no way lowering our image standards. We continue to stand on our principles of associate cleanliness, neatness and professionalism. This includes everything from head to toe, such as wearing proper uniform attire, shoes and accessories, as well as how we keep our hair and facial hair.

Finally, this change points to how we must continue to find ways to adapt to changes in the marketplace that can impact Our Customers, Our Associates and Our Future. Armed with more quality associates, we will be better prepared to serve our customers now and in the future.

After 19 years of being clean shaven I'll let it grow just for the heck of it. It wasn't a big issue for me, but I would like to be able to have a tattoo on my forearm.

I think we are going to see a majority of drivers with beards. Personally, I'm going to grow a goatee for the same reason as Cutsawah. However, I'll most likely wait until it cools off.

I haven't shaved since the 1st. That's the day I had a double bypass, so I'll have a couple of months off and time to get a nice groomed beard going.

I'm glad they changed the policy, I've always liked having a goatee, haven't had one in ten years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen more and more people ATTEMPTING to grow a beard or a FOO MAN CHO...it's LAUGHABLE IN MANY CASE'S!

Nice! I had a good way in when I got out of school but passed due to that ridiculous policy. Looks like I gotta start keeping my eyes open again. Congrats guys!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

Now, if they could move on to eliminating the horrible looking short pants from the collection, Having to look at some of these folks in these shorts sickens me.

anyone notice the new posters up around SVC's? One in particular says, "recruit a driver and get $1500" with a guy smiling with a nice goatee/beard. There really pushing this beards are allowed now things.

Yeah, I saw them and you beat me to the punch. I'll be glad when they say $50 for your stupid looking shorts when you trade them for something presentable like a nice pair of slacks.

GET RID OF THE SHORTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since when is driving a plush new Volvo/Freightliner/Cascadia/Prostar a workplace? Come on Lifer don't be a hater on short sleeved britches ! So what if you think we look silly, I sure am comfortable riding down the road, not to mention the compliments from the fuel desk ladies on my fine tanned muscular legs ! All the competition wears them,and we are all about equality.