Yellow | New Finger Scanning Time Keeping System At YRC!

Using Biometrics In The Workplace

Our Advice

Here are a few practical tips any employer should consider before riding the wave into the area of biometric technology in the workplace:

1.Notify all employees, in writing, of the company’s intent to use a biometric system –include the reasons, what safeguards will be provided, and what an employee should do if they have any questions or concerns about the system.

2.Check all applicable privacy and other potentially relevant laws before implementing the system (laws on the books in this area can quickly change, as can the interpretation of existing laws).

3.Implement strict security policies and procedures that will ensure all biometric data will be securely stored and safeguarded.

4.If your company is unionized, give the union sufficient notice of your intention to implement the system and verify your right under any collective bargaining agreements to implement such a system.

5.Be ready to consider accommodation or other requests from employees who may raise issues based on disability, religious beliefs, or other areas protected by law.

With new and creative technology increasingly available every day, it is safe to assume that biometric systems in the workplace will become more and more popular. But as with any new technology it will bring new challenges and new opportunities – so as the Boy Scouts say: Be Prepared!

Fisher & Phillips LLP - Solutions at Work - Using Biometrics In The Workplace

I'm sure this was "negotiated" with the IBT and signed off by Hoffa, Hall and Johnson?

:mad::fan:

Biometric Time Clock Legal Issues

Legal Questions Raised

However, the discussion of biometric time clock legal issues raise several concerns. One is whether the practice is legal. Fingerprint recognition is a standard method of identifying employees for recording time and attendance, but employers may not take employees’ fingerprints in the state of New York unless they are required as part of a background check. Another concern is the ability of employers to fire employees for their refusal to undergo biometric analysis, since this right is not expressly protected by current labor laws.

Biometric Time Clock Legal Issues - Wasp Buzz

:hissyfit:

why oh why ???? maybe be a better idea to buy new trucks & trailers with our -15% money ???

can you post a better full page of the letter ? my computer or me can't get it to download the letter to read it better ? thanks

We started the scan about 3 weeks ago. Another waste of money.
I wonder how many millions that cost to put in system wide?
I don't like it but what can you do?
No testing can be done. Just wipe your print off when done. And besides too many people using it one after the other. Just more BS.

At least the members at Local 326 has a President who is not afraid to call their stupidity out in writing...AND...let the members know of the possibility of being followed by security!....KK

Wonder which finger they want??? Ok, I'll quit KK, couldn't help it......LOL

The DOT says YRC fleet near federal intervention so they buy fingerprint scanners. Another example of how the people running the company are not qualified to run a taco stand on a street corner in TJ.

The DOT says YRC fleet near federal intervention so they buy fingerprint scanners. Another example of how the people running the company are not qualified to run a taco stand on a street corner in TJ.

Business permits are hard to come by in TJ.

They should prolly stick to what they 'claim' to know best and eventually go the way of Zollars and Rogers.

If only there were an oversight committee consisting of members seeking profitability and employee interests.

hmmmmm.........

Business permits are hard to come by in TJ.

They should prolly stick to what they 'claim' to know best and eventually go the way of Zollars and Rogers.

If only there were an oversight committee consisting of members seeking profitability and employee interests.

hmmmmm.........

There is, it's called employee shareholders. :smile:

How dare you insult my Taco Truck Guy like that! He works hard and makes awesome Burritos for six bucks. If YRC ran the taco truck you would order on Monday and get your order a week from Friday and the Taco would be crushed and covered with dirt for fifty bucks or more.

the system is to prevent "buddy" punching and other methods of stealing company time. you guys are just ten years behind the curve getting the technology.

also, prevents someone from altering your time record (for example, supervisor who is trying to screw with you, or manager out to trim his labor numbers down) as they could not possibly have your fingerprint.

the system is to prevent "buddy" punching and other methods of stealing company time. you guys are just ten years behind the curve getting the technology.

It has nothing to do with being 10 years behind the technology.
It is a matter of a trucking company that is telling customers they can't pick up their freight because they don't have equipment and then buying time clocks instead of equipment to keep the business going.

Kinda like if YRC was a printing company that had no ink and instead of buying ink they bought time clocks and then complained they couldn't make money.