Yellow | New Finger Scanning Time Keeping System At YRC!

I'm guessing that it would be a logging violation - only one driver in the cab in a logged team operation. I could be wrong though.
You're not. Falsification. Depending on the training of the officer, he would want know who the other driver named on the dispatch is. The dispatch will have two names, and obviously only one driver in attendance. Uh oh!!!!

Well as a team driver of over 19 years there's many ways to explain this situation, maybe one driver got sick or had a family emergency and had to vacate the truck, there's lots of reasons that are legal, example what if a extra board driver came in on a team run and turned on rest then was dispatched on a solo run in a sleeper truck on the same day, perfectly legal

Are you kidding me!?!?!? YRCF allows team drivers to depart with out BOTH drivers presenting themselves for dispatch???
This place f***ed up, but give me a break. If there are dispatchers allowing this they, as well as the team involved, are violating FMCSA regulations. And ALL involved should be fired, problem solved. To say I'm skeptical is a huge UNDERSTATEMENT!

I'm talking about guys on established teams.That have certain runs.Whereby one of the team member lives along that certain route.Instead of one of the team members driving their personal vehicle all the way to the starting terminal.The other team member picks him up along the route from or near their own home

Many teams from other company's go no where near there dispatch office so what rule are you talking about??????
I'm talking about guys on established teams.That have certain runs.Whereby one of the team member lives along that certain route.Instead of one of the team members driving their personal vehicle all the way to the starting terminal.The other team member picks him up along the route from or near their own home
I'm going to answer this one more time. In a team operation, both drivers logs must agree. So will either of you explain to EVERYONE how; WITHOUT FALSIFYING THEIR LOGS, ONE MAN CAN BE IN TWO DIFFERENT PLACES AT THE SAME?????????????

I'm going to answer this one more time. In a team operation, both drivers logs must agree. So will either of you explain to EVERYONE how; WITHOUT FALSIFYING THEIR LOGS, ONE MAN CAN BE IN TWO DIFFERENT PLACES AT THE SAME?????????????
I know what he means now Bag. I saw a dispatch the other day on a team that runs 309-875. In the instructions on the bottom it stated that driver to pickup co-driver at milepost 107 since he lives 40 miles west of terminal. He will be wearing optic safety vest, and be standing on the westbound entrance ramp for safety reasons!!!!! You will need to show this on your log, as it is a change in duty status !!!!

I know what he means now Bag. I saw a dispatch the other day on a team that runs 309-875. In the instructions on the bottom it stated that driver to pickup co-driver at milepost 107 since he lives 40 miles west of terminal. He will be wearing optic safety vest, and be standing on the westbound entrance ramp for safety reasons!!!!! You will need to show this on your log, as it is a change in duty status !!!!

I could see this getting out of hand. Pretty soon P&D drivers will want their peddle units brought out to their homes so they can start their workday at the house instead of having to drive in to the terminal. :hide:

I could see this getting out of hand. Pretty soon P&D drivers will want their peddle units brought out to their homes so they can start their workday at the house instead of having to drive in to the terminal. :hide:
Just talked to albag. They are having a shuttle guy drive a team tractor and set of pups out to the 107 milemarker westbound I-80, and Al is driving both team drivers out to the truck in his car to start there and bring the shuttle guy back to 309 before he leaves for St. Paul today !!!!!! This is already out of hand ?????

I do not foresee any problem. On the contrary, I see job security for dockworker/hostlers and a hot meal during 'residential' layover...

I do not foresee any problem. On the contrary, I see job security for dockworker/hostlers and a hot meal during 'residential' layover...

When I first read your post I thought you said "hottie" instead of "hot meal". My bad.

my example earlier was legit if I show up for my 2200 run and get dispatched with an extra board driver and he came in earlier that day my log will not mirror his, it's very possible to have two different co drivers in a 24 period, when this happens all you have to do is explain to the cop what's going on and in my case I've never had any problems about it, usually when you get pulled over all you have to say is im a team and my co driver is in the bunk and the officer leaves it at that, very rarely will they wake the guy up in the bunk,

So your right one man can't be in two places at one time but two team drivers can be on different runs and different places prior to teaming up on there current run

Some of yas don't get it or you're being fictitious.There are some sleeper teams that would have one driver check in for the team.Like at the start of their week.The one that checks in would then get into the truck with load in tow.Pick up his or her partner enroute to their destination.

Some of yas don't get it or you're being fictitious.There are some sleeper teams that would have one driver check in for the team.Like at the start of their week.The one that checks in would then get into the truck with load in tow.Pick up his or her partner enroute to their destination.
Just so we are clear. The driver who is picked up enroute, where EXACTLY does his log show he started his trip??? You can dance around this ALL you want. Bottom line VIOLATION!
There is no way YRCF Safety Department would condone this practice. And it's a lead pipe cinch that our team drivers MUST begin and end their trips at a YRCF terminal.