Holland | New freight director appointed

Erie Soehl as expected. Does anyone know about him?https://teamster.org/
Hoffa says, "Soehl will lead the fight for our members". That would be different. Hoffa has done nothing but to "lead the fight" to screw Teamster retirees, both currently retired and future retirees. Hoffa teamed up with John Murphy and Thomas Nyhan at the NCCMP as active members of the Board of Directors and Steering Committee of this anti-labor organization , planning the pension cuts AND the planning on abolishing the "anti cut-back" provision in ERISA in the months before the Democrat controlled Congress did exactly that. Hoffa's buddy, Bill Lichtenwald, (President Local 20 Toledo, President Ohio Conference of Teamsters) made sure "the fix was in" by using $6.1 million in members funds to "influence" (a PC word for bribe) members of Congress to vote in favor of abolishing ERISA in an upcoming vote scheduled to happen in December 2014. It worked. The MPRA of 2014 passed Congress and Obama quickly (and quietly) signed it into law, even though both the Democrat controlled Senate and Obama could have stopped it. Hoffa, Murphy and Nyhan, helped put MPRA of 2014 together while at NCCMP. Then, Lichtenwald was the "bag man" to assure the $6.1 million was put in the pockets of certain members of Congress that are "for sale". Lichtenwald admitted to this before 200 members of Local 100 in Dec 2015. He has since been forced to resign.
Hoffa is still running things and I have no doubt that Soehl will do as he is told.
Additional note : Hoffa still is MIA on anything involving the Lakeville Motor Express' 95 Teamsters that were locked out and are now still without jobs or any of their earned backpay. Doesn't sound like he's "leading" anything.(at least anything that benefits us).

Last edited:
As a retiree I can't disagree with much of what you posted. By $6.1 million I assume you meant DRIVE PAC money not union funds. As much as I was against Kline-Miller I do understand Why Obama didn't shut down the government over it. I'm in favor of the president having line item veto power. As for Soehl doing what he's told, you are right. But since he has Hoffa's ear just maybe he'll be able to do some good for the freight Teamsters. I doubt he can do any worse than Johnson. Lastly it comes as no surprise to me that Hoffa is MIA. He's been "out of town on other important union business" for at least the last 14 years that I can remember.

As a retiree I can't disagree with much of what you posted. By $6.1 million I assume you meant DRIVE PAC money not union funds. As much as I was against Kline-Miller I do understand Why Obama didn't shut down the government over it. I'm in favor of the president having line item veto power. As for Soehl doing what he's told, you are right. But since he has Hoffa's ear just maybe he'll be able to do some good for the freight Teamsters. I doubt he can do any worse than Johnson. Lastly it comes as no surprise to me that Hoffa is MIA. He's been "out of town on other important union business" for at least the last 14 years that I can remember.
No, I did not mean DRIVE PAC money. In everything I have read about this money going to "influence" (aka bribe) members of Congress in 2014 (and possibly before 2014) that $6.1 million was not authorized by the membership. DRIVE PAC money is authorized by union rank and file to be used for political purposes to benefit Teamster members and retirees. Spending that amt of money to bribe members of Congress to vote to repeal ERISA and the retiree anti-cutback provision provided therein, WAS NOT in the best interest of any rank and file members of the Teamsters or CSPF, either presently retired or future retirees. Bill Lichtenwald was in on the CSPF scam from the beginning. Being a longtime close buddy of Hoffa, Murphy and Nyhan and also being a high ranking official in the IBT, Local 20 and Ohio Conference of Teamsters he knew what was going on. He was also appointed as a trustee to the CSPF during the same time he was trying to bribe members of Congress to abolish long-time retiree protections that had been in place since 1974 when the law was enacted. After his $6.1 million in bribes got the desired result that Nyhan and Hoffa wanted in Dec 2014, it was "open season" on all retirees, not just CSPF retirees. Whether it was DRIVE PAC money or not (I believe it was NOT), it certainly was not used to benefit Teamster members (which DRIVE money is supposed to do). It was done in secrecy, without the knowledge or consent of any rank and file members. Only due to the hard work of Local 100 President, Butch Lewis, (a long-time critic of Hoffa), was the truth about the corruption and bribes by Litctenwald exposed in a Dec 6, 2015 meeting at the Local 100 Union hall attended by over 200 people. There Lichtenwald admitted to the illegal and unauthorized $6.1 million in 2014 bribes to Congress. A reporter for the Cincinnati Enquirer was there also and reported the story. It is still on-line for those that want to see it (along with other corruption by Lichtenwald). Hoffa himself was most likely the one who authorized Lichtenwald to use the money for the bribes and also knew about the other corruption Lichtenwald is charged with in a Federal Investigative Review Board (IRB) report made public in October 2015. For some strange reason that I don't understand, the Feds are leaving it up to Hoffa to press charges on his buddy, Lichtenwald. We KNOW that ain't gonna happen.
A couple months later, in a story by the Toledo newspaper, Lichtenwald said he voluntarily retired in order to get the full benefits of his retirement package, pay and percs. No prosecution by the Feds for corruption, theft of union money and conspiracy has happened as yet. Bill Lichtenwald has retired in luxury.

Last edited: